HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
  #726
JustJen
 
JustJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
I'm getting really irritated with all these segments on TSN ripping into Habs fans for voting so much and making the All Star Game "a joke". First of all it's a joke to begin with and secondly how can you possibly blame a fanbase? Honestly I just don't understand it.

JustJen is offline  
Old
11-27-2008, 06:38 PM
  #727
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
Something is fishy with the voting process. For about a week, the votes difference between Koivu and Cindy varied between 84000 and 87000. Yesterday night, it was about 83000. Right now, it is about 78000. Cindy could make up only 2000-3000 votes for a whole week. Last night, he got 5000 more votes than Koivu. In my opinion, the NHL is getting impatient and start to manipulate the vote to make sure Cindy start the ASG.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
  #728
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
ok guys, we won yesterday...start voting again! Cindy is catching up

Twister mtl is offline  
Old
12-02-2008, 01:46 PM
  #729
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Cindy is only about 65,000 votes behind Tanguay now... keep the voting up everyone. Besides, Cindy is going to get in anyway, no need to waste a vote on him.

BadHabit is offline  
Old
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
  #730
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Cindy has caught up by 20 to 25 thousand votes in the last 6 days....
At this rate Crosby will caught up in a little over 2 weeks from now....

If we can slow down his catching up or reverse it we are on track....when does voting end?

December 2 @ 6:52PM
Kovalev (402,230) +68,650
Koivu (399,004) +65,424
Tanguay (394,136) +60,556
Markov (449,937) +246,443
Komisarek (405,641) +202,147
Price (438,554) +225,349

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
12-02-2008, 09:56 PM
  #731
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
in 4 hours crosby has 4,000 votes closer....vote vote vote


December 2 @ 10:51PM
Kovalev (407,249) +65,150
Koivu (404,054) +61,955
Tanguay (399,084) +56,985
Markov (455,471) +247,392
Komisarek (410,735) +202,656
Price (444,088) +224,567

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 04:17 AM
  #732
Q038
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Edm
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Would anyone be surprised when the NHL stops online fan balloting in 09/10?

Q038 is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 07:00 AM
  #733
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 500
Is Komisarek still eligible? He needs to play 20 games by January 2nd and he'll only be back at the end of December...so it depends when he gets back.

Dwight is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 09:21 AM
  #734
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Tanguay's lead over Crosby is down to 42,186 this morning! He's losing ground super quick.

And indeed, it seems almost certain that Komisarek will be deemed ineligible to play. So a dream of 6 Hab starters almost certainly won't happen.

Dan K is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
  #735
Shwag33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Something is fishy with the voting process. For about a week, the votes difference between Koivu and Cindy varied between 84000 and 87000. Yesterday night, it was about 83000. Right now, it is about 78000. Cindy could make up only 2000-3000 votes for a whole week. Last night, he got 5000 more votes than Koivu. In my opinion, the NHL is getting impatient and start to manipulate the vote to make sure Cindy start the ASG.


The rest of the NHL found out about the absurdity and is doing what it can to stop it. They are catching up so quickly because there are 29 teams voting for crosby/malkin/ovechkin.

Shwag33 is online now  
Old
12-03-2008, 10:56 AM
  #736
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
Dang this has become an embarassement.

Kimota is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
  #737
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Just a reminder to keep voting. The Pens fans are pushing hard to bring Sid into the top 3. STOP THEM!

Let's not let this current slump interfere with our goal.
Let's keep people from voting to the league's best player, preventing him to be on the starting line-up? I don't understand.

Kimota is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 10:59 AM
  #738
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,034
vCash: 50
Don't worry, this won't be an embarrassment. Crosby and Malkin will catch the 3 without any doubt whatsoever.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
  #739
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
you do realise voting is only for the starters right? Players like Crosby and Ovechkin are already in regardless of the vote outcome
Yea but Koivu, Kovy, Tanguay and Komi doesn't deserve to even be there at the all stars. Do people want this to be lame?

Kimota is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
  #740
Twister mtl
Registered User
 
Twister mtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
does anybody have last year's results...?

Twister mtl is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
  #741
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Yea but Koivu, Kovy, Tanguay and Komi doesn't deserve to even be there at the all stars. Do people want this to be lame?
Newsflash, the All Star Game is already lame and in no way represents a real hockey game. Koivu, Kovalev, Tanguay, Markov and Price all have great skill and should be showcased in an atmosphere like the ASG, even though some of them may not be as skilled as Crosby, etc. However, Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, etc will all get in anyway so what's the big deal?

I say, if they are going to give us the option to vote our own players in - do it. I have no problems sending any of the above players to the game, they can all hold their own in a skills competition. Komisarek, not so much but he probably won't be eligible anyhow.

People need to relax about this.

BadHabit is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
  #742
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Tanguay's lead over Crosby is down to 42,186 this morning! He's losing ground super quick.

And indeed, it seems almost certain that Komisarek will be deemed ineligible to play. So a dream of 6 Hab starters almost certainly won't happen.
You sure Komi won't be eligible to play? I thought the 20 games rule don't apply to starters. Anyways, the way it's going in the past few days, looks like only Price, Markov and Komi (if eligible) will be starting. I hope the Habs fans will keep on voting even more when they will learn that Crosby/Malkin/AO are ahead of the Habs forwards.

Clumsyhab is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
  #743
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 50
If this goes through the score will be 14-2 for the Western Conference.

A lot of players consider it a honour to play in the All-Star game. Some deserve to be there and some don't. Just because you view the All-Star game as 'a joke' doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Turbofan is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
  #744
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
If this goes through the score will be 14-2 for the Western Conference.

A lot of players consider it a honour to play in the All-Star game. Some deserve to be there and some don't. Just because you view the All-Star game as 'a joke' doesn't mean that everyone else does.
You opposing fans need to get the **** away from our board already. This is pissing me off. We've made our intentions VERY clear from the start: we think it would be an awesome accomplishment for the city of we somehow got all 6 players voted in. Ask us if we think they deserve to be there? Most of us will say no for a few of them. But that's not the point.

We have one goal in mind, and that is to get all 6 players on the roster. So stop coming in here and trying to convert us to your beliefs. It's not going to happen. You're just wasting time. We don't care if Sid the Kid doesn't make the starting lineup!

Wow, stupid people piss me off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Let's keep people from voting to the league's best player, preventing him to be on the starting line-up? I don't understand.
What's so hard to understand? We want all 6 guys in! I don't ****ing get it?!

TomPlex is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
  #745
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
If this goes through the score will be 14-2 for the Western Conference.

A lot of players consider it a honour to play in the All-Star game. Some deserve to be there and some don't. Just because you view the All-Star game as 'a joke' doesn't mean that everyone else does.
think what you will but the montreal players that are at the game will be giving it more than other players and if anything it might result in a better game....hell we might actually see a hit.

Unfortunately it got around that the habs were still ahead so now you have "fans" voting for the guy closest to them just because they hate the habs....and i know its true because it was all over the local news in Ottawa.

Kovalev (416,113) +38,788
Koivu (413,047) +35,722
Tanguay (407,868) +30,543
Markov (465,120) +238,802
Komisarek (419,695) +193,377
Price (453,364) +203,006

Tanguay just lost 26K in lead so by the weekend Cindy should be ahead of him

people who just vote against them because they hate them should just F off and get a life. I honestly think they should automatically have 6 players from the local team in the all-star game. those players "deserving" or not would give it their all. And yes even if the team is a bottom 10 team. This game is for the fans and guess what...its in montreal

get over it...

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 05:04 PM
  #746
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes
 
Turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,249
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
You opposing fans need to get the **** away from our board already. This is pissing me off. We've made our intentions VERY clear from the start: we think it would be an awesome accomplishment for the city of we somehow got all 6 players voted in. Ask us if we think they deserve to be there? Most of us will say no for a few of them. But that's not the point.

We have one goal in mind, and that is to get all 6 players on the roster. So stop coming in here and trying to convert us to your beliefs. It's not going to happen. You're just wasting time. We don't care if Sid the Kid doesn't make the starting lineup!

Wow, stupid people piss me off...


What's so hard to understand? We want all 6 guys in! I don't ****ing get it?!
I'm not a fan of any particular team. Not even the Canucks, even though my town is home to their AHL affiliate. Rather I've been a 30-year fan of the NHL, and hockey in general at different levels. I'm a fan of the athletes. I follow 30 different teams. Yes, I even follow the Habs to some extent.

I like to see great athletes, or those who are on the cusp of greatness, get recognized for their accomplishments. So in my eyes, and to many others, this is a shame.

No, I know I can't convince you. Yes, I hate stupid people too. Some of you Habs fans are fantastic, awesome, knowledgeable, respectful fans of hockey, your team, your city. And some are just idiots.

As for this being an 'awesome accomplishment for your city', it's not a very lofty one. Have a nice day!

Turbofan is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
  #747
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,776
vCash: 500
It's over.

I never really supported this thing in the first place, but its clear that this is in the NHL's hands now.

Crosby and Malkin will likely pass Tanguay and Koivu/Kovalev (it's close between them, one of them will get passed). Komisarek is ineligible so we'll see Chara with Markov. Price will likely remain as the starter in nets.

On the bad side, it defeats all the effort you guys went through which, while I don't support, I respected.

On the bright side, 3 Habs is about all we truly deserve: Markov, Price, and Koivu (or Kovalev) and I'll be able to try and gauge some enjoyment from the All-Star game when I go in January

Dwight is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
  #748
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!
 
ZARTONK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,978
vCash: 50
actually if komisareks healthy by that time he could play in the all star game anyways... even if hes played less that 20 games, because that rule isnt applied to players who are established in the nhl... per francois gagnon...

ZARTONK is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 08:52 PM
  #749
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Ooook, Crosby gets 64,000 votes since yesterday? No hacking or tampering going on there...

BadHabit is offline  
Old
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
  #750
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
It's over.

I never really supported this thing in the first place, but its clear that this is in the NHL's hands now.

Crosby and Malkin will likely pass Tanguay and Koivu/Kovalev (it's close between them, one of them will get passed). Komisarek is ineligible so we'll see Chara with Markov. Price will likely remain as the starter in nets.

On the bad side, it defeats all the effort you guys went through which, while I don't support, I respected.

On the bright side, 3 Habs is about all we truly deserve: Markov, Price, and Koivu (or Kovalev) and I'll be able to try and gauge some enjoyment from the All-Star game when I go in January
Good, I prefer players to rest for a Cup run than play a meaningless game, even if it is at home. I really didn't like the idea in the first place.

HH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.