HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's wrong with Kovalev???

Old
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM

vCash: 500
I don't think there's anything wrong with Kovalev...he's playing like a guy who is looking to add points to secure his contract. In fact, I think alot of Habs players are playing that way.

I don't think they're doing it maliciously or selfishly, but you can tell they're playing for contracts...it's distracting them right now.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Lone Rogue

I'll give you three things wrong with Kovalev:

1. He is putting too much pressure on himself to score.
2. He is probably frustrated with not having chemistry with a lot of his new linemates.
3. THAT HAIRCUT. Long haired Kovalev would have 15 goals by now

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Go Habs Go

Nothing is wrong with him, Kovalev is being Kovalev. Look at his stats, he's always like this. It also doesn't help that the whole league pays more attention to him now because of his exceptional year last season.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
la25ecoupe

Don't forget that Kovalev had a talk with AK46 and since then, AK46 has been a beast!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM
gillyguzzler

Kovy has been better the last few games. He has cut down on the giveaways and is shooting and driving the net more. He even smiled at the end of the game yesterday!

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
sure it was

and his two points yesterday were one empty netter, and one deflection pass

and he caused turnovers.... again

he's nothing more than a PKer now, a more overpaid version of Radek bonk nothing more
HA HA HA..One of the funniest yet saddest things I have ever read.
Name one player that doesn't turn over the puck?
Kovalev works hard and he loves Montreal.

I'll never understand all the hate on for him...it really makes little sense!

You have lazy ***** like Latendresse who are the real problem and is in the spot he should be. Press Box!

Refuses the drive to net , he thinks he's still in junior and can simply over power still developing kids. His skating is awful, hands are mediocre has a good shot but is never close enough to net to take advantage of it because he refuses to pay the price.

It's time to move on, he has had 3 years to get it right and players in the AHL have a brighter future as top six forwards then him. If he's not a top six he's useless at the moment!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I'll give you three things wrong with Kovalev:

1. He is putting too much pressure on himself to score.
2. He is probably frustrated with not having chemistry with a lot of his new linemates.
3. THAT HAIRCUT. Long haired Kovalev would have 15 goals by now
I agree he needs to grow his hair. Like Samson (biblical) Kovalev gets his strength from his hair. It's no coincidence that's since it's slowly growing back he has been getting better!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Don't forget that Kovalev had a talk with AK46 and since then, AK46 has been a beast!!
He was a beast before that, when he was off a line with Kovalev. It wasn't the talk, it was the line change that took Andrei away from Kovalev. Carbonneau's best move to date.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:51 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He was a beast before that, when he was off a line with Kovalev. It wasn't the talk, it was the line change that took Andrei away from Kovalev. Carbonneau's best move to date.
You wanna bet that Carbo will put them back together this month?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
You wanna bet that Carbo will put them back together this month?
Never. I always bet for Carbonneau stupidity, it's free money.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
le_sean

Quote:
sure it was

and his two points yesterday were one empty netter, and one deflection pass

and he caused turnovers.... again

he's nothing more than a PKer now, a more overpaid version of Radek bonk nothing more
The empty netter was the game winning goal which he worked hard for and the deflection pass was exactly what Plekanec needed to go and score. Great argument you made there. "Well he had two primary assists, but they shouldn't really count as points". Smart.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

And this is why I don't come to the boards often.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:21 PM
onice

You know, I thought Koivu and tanguay were our best players for most of the season . Of late Andrei K. has been playing almost to his level and i watched Kovalev and I thought he's not the Kovy of last year but he's out there working hard.

Lo and behold I look at the stats and he's ahead of Tanguay and just behind Koivu.

So I wanna ask all you bashers what the hell do you want from this man? Carbo even has him killing penalties. Give the guy a break.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
dutchy29

He is good. Not great, not consistent, but good....and good is good.

Last edited by dutchy29: 12-03-2008 at 04:45 PM.
dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:44 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I agree he needs to grow his hair. Like Samson (biblical) Kovalev gets his strength from his hair. It's no coincidence that's since it's slowly growing back he has been getting better!
yes, this is clearly the problem. I remember training camp and pre season interviews of him and his hair was short. It was an ominous sign and I didn't like it one bit. He should just let the thing grow for like 2 months.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Adam91

Once he starts getting some bounces and putting away all the chances he creates people will finally start to get off him.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Instead of Waldo, here's the new game:

I've got another game.... It's called find the HF Boards poster that doesn't know hockey to save his life.

Oh, nevermind. Game's over.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You must be blind for not seeing him in tonight's game. Or you're probably wearing the "hate-Kovalev" glasses.
You could be right on the blindness, he managed to miss one of his assists.

Somehow, all he saw was him "picking up an assist on an empty net" (notice he doesn't mention it was a bad-angle shot that was very nearly the game winning goal.

He cleverly managed to miss the nice little neutral zone touch pass that sent Tomas Plekanec in a lone for a goal.

The guy has no clue, don't waste your time.

Old
12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I've never been a Kovalev fan, no doubt, and I think that he's the most overrated player in Habs' history simply because most Habs' fans don't remember what a true star player looks like. Not their fault, they're too young to remember the Lafleur, Shutt, Cournoyer, Beliveau and company. The sooner he's gone, the better the team will be.
How old are you?

Old
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Wrong, he just made the pass to Lang, lang shot on the goalie, and then Andrei K touches it then Markov take the return and scores... Kovalev have no merit on the goal
LMAO. Are you serious?

Watch it again. This post makes you look ridiculous. He gains the zone with speed, puts the Atlanta defenders on their heels, sets up on the side boards, stretches out the defense, throws it to Lang at the point who puts the puck on net, the rebound created from that shot directly leads to the goal. How can you honestly sit here and tell people that Kovalev "have no merit on the goal" (whatever that means?) Did you actually think that all of us just read the boxscore and didn't see the play? Better question ... did you see the play?

If you're gonna tell someone they're wrong, a good rule of thumb is to have a clue what you are talking about.

Old
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
LMAO. Are you serious?

Watch it again. This post makes you look ridiculous. He gains the zone with speed, puts the Atlanta defenders on their heels, sets up on the side boards, stretches out the defense, throws it to Lang at the point who puts the puck on net, the rebound created from that shot directly leads to the goal. How can you honestly sit here and tell people that Kovalev "have no merit on the goal" (whatever that means?) Did you actually think that all of us just read the boxscore and didn't see the play? Better question ... did you see the play?

If you're gonna tell someone they're wrong, a good rule of thumb is to have a clue what you are talking about.
Nope, he gains the zone, lose the puck, turns back and get it back by colliding weakly with the defender, then feeling he's too marked, passes it to lang, lang Shoots it and Markov put it in net

so, who's wrong, the sightful hater or the blind lover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
The empty netter was the game winning goal which he worked hard for and the deflection pass was exactly what Plekanec needed to go and score. Great argument you made there. "Well he had two primary assists, but they shouldn't really count as points". Smart.
IIRC, the Markov goal gives him a secondary assist and the other one was an empty netter and he's once again the greatest player the world has ever seen? Some of you guys are ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
HA HA HA..One of the funniest yet saddest things I have ever read.
Name one player that doesn't turn over the puck?
Kovalev works hard and he loves Montreal.

I'll never understand all the hate on for him...it really makes little sense!

You have lazy ***** like Latendresse who are the real problem and is in the spot he should be. Press Box!

Refuses the drive to net , he thinks he's still in junior and can simply over power still developing kids. His skating is awful, hands are mediocre has a good shot but is never close enough to net to take advantage of it because he refuses to pay the price.

It's time to move on, he has had 3 years to get it right and players in the AHL have a brighter future as top six forwards then him. If he's not a top six he's useless at the moment!
Of course, Latendresse is the main problem of this team, he leads the team in hits, plays great with Koivu, but now plays on the 3rd third/4th line and we expect him to score a boatload of goals when we all know he is not the kind of guy to lead a line by himself like a LOT of players in the league (Cheechoo, Rick Nash, Malone, St-Louis). But hey its montreal, the place where when you are still developping but that you are mismanaged and that you dont shine in a spam of 3 years you are absolute garbage

I am really happy that the GMs dont listen to you horrendous armchair Gms, because if so, we would probably have traded A Kost and Price to get Brule. Oh and imagine if the shark would have lost patience with setoguchi last year what a rip of it would be!!

Last edited by Iwishihadacup: 12-03-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:33 PM
le_sean

Quote:
IIRC, the Markov goal gives him a secondary assist and the other one was an empty netter and he's once again the greatest player the world has ever seen? Some of you guys are ridiculous
Did you even watch the game? Kovalev assisted on the PLEKANEC goal. It was a primary assist and a nice play by both Kovy and Plex. Thanks for coming out though.

Old
12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Did you even watch the game? Kovalev assisted on the PLEKANEC goal. It was a primary assist and a nice play by both Kovy and Plex. Thanks for coming out though.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have seen the replay like 5 time on this goal, and the main reason why i confused the 2 goals is because I have seen no such good play by kovalev on the goal, I only saw an unpressured open ice pass to Plekanec that is skating between the 2 Dman and then slapshotting, then I see on the reverse angle a Kovalev that keeps floating with his slow speed, not even crawling to te net if a rebound would happen

EDIT: i watched it further, and basicly, Kovalev only gt touched by the pass that the defensemen wanted to give to kovalev, he did not even made a lay on the goal

Last edited by Iwishihadacup: 12-03-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have seen the replay like 5 time on this goal, and the main reason why i confused the 2 goals is because I have seen no such good play by kovalev on the goal, I only saw an unpressured open ice pass to Plekanec that is skating between the 2 Dman and then slapshotting, then I see on the reverse angle a Kovalev that keeps floating with his slow speed, not even crawling to te net if a rebound would happen

EDIT: i watched it further, and basicly, Kovalev only gt touched by the pass that the defensemen wanted to give to kovalev, he did not even made a lay on the goal
No it was going by the boards, Kovalev tipped it towards the middle where Plekanec was and the play resulted in a goal. He did not do anything at all. Nothing. In fact Plekanec would have scored on easier goal if Kovalev was off the ice. The team would have won 10-0 if Kovalev was in the pressbox, 20-0 if he was not in the city and 30-0 if he was back in Russia. Kovalev should stop having children to rid the world of terrible hockey players that do nothing but get primary assists. In fact the United Nations should eliminate the last name "Kovalev" from existence so planet Earth can move forward into peace and prosperity.

Old
12-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Maybe he should have a talk with himself next?

Quote:
I've got another game.... It's called find the HF Boards poster that doesn't know hockey to save his life.
Quote:
How old are you?
Quote:
Have you been exposed to paint fumes recently?
Quote:
This post makes you look ridiculous...

Quote:
The guy has no clue, don't waste your time.
Notice a common denominator here? We're talking about a topic, no one here has made personal reference to you personally. You should try.

Eric Hoffer once said: "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."

One of my favourites: "Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

PS, for inquiring mind... I'm probably old enough to be your dad.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote