HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone else getting the feeling that Higgins will be moved?

Old
12-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I love you both !!

Also, don't waste you're time with Ozymandias guys, he defends Chris Higgins like I defend Sergei K.

The young punk needs all the defending he can get but his attorney has a very weak case based on his performance and attitude. Good players who don't have their heads up their rear ends don't sit as healthy scratches 2 games in a row. The lesser Kostitysyn has been no better than an overflowing toilet for too many games this season.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:42 PM
goliath5151

Pens fan here
You guys seem to need an offensive defencemen.....do you guys think Shero and Gainey might try something? If they did, it would most likely be for Goligoski, although im sure Gainey would love to have Letang

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Corey

Higgins has never been scratched to make room for a prospect from Hamilton, unlike some fans' heartthrobs. That's reality.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
The young punk needs all the defending he can get but his attorney has a very weak case based on his performance and attitude. Good players who don't have their heads up their rear ends don't sit as healthy scratches 2 games in a row. The lesser Kostitysyn has been no better than an overflowing toilet for too many games this season.
lol

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
Pens fan here
You guys seem to need an offensive defencemen.....do you guys think Shero and Gainey might try something? If they did, it would most likely be for Goligoski, although im sure Gainey would love to have Letang
For whom, that's the big question dude.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath5151 View Post
Pens fan here
We only have 1 offensive D, while I thought about it in the past, there's no rumour or anything circulating to suggest gainey is looking specifically for an offensive D. There's been Jay Bo talk but that's about it.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Higgins has never been scratched to make room for a prospect from Hamilton, unlike some fans' heartthrobs. That's reality.
it's about time
Kosto and even Dandenault are playing better than him. Hard to admit but that's the truth

Old
12-03-2008, 02:11 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Not very original, but with Matt DAgostini with the big team, doing pretty well and playing a very similar style of game Higgins does, are some of you feeling something might be on the work? IMO Higgins's value is pretty high on the market, wont make much more than 3 millions next summer, still young, he is a pretty valuable player that proved he can score goals, he is a nice team player, didicated..... Do you think his days might be numbered to improve the team in other areas or making the team more offensively punched short term?

I dont think Gainey is gonna trade guys like Latendresse or S.Kost, first their value is probably lower, they are still very young with some untapped potential..

Maybe I am wrong and I hope Im wrong cause I like Higgins but at the end, its business..
What about a trade with Edmonton ?

Higgins-Laraque-O'byrne
for
Cole-Stortini-Gilbert

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
it's about time
Kosto and even Dandenault are playing better than him. Hard to admit but that's the truth
Who do you mean? Sergei or Chris?

In the case of Sergei, I do agree. In the case of Chris, he's been playing good, but not as good offensively as be can be, but defensively he's been very good.

Old
12-03-2008, 02:20 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Who do you mean? Sergei or Chris?

In the case of Sergei, I do agree. In the case of Chris, he's been playing good, but not as good offensively as be can be, but defensively he's been very good.
the one that is not a rookie, or sophomore,or youngster, the one that was drafted high, the one with high expectation, the one with an A on his shirt, the one who is critique of other players, the one that disapears games after games. The one whose name comes up everytime we are talking trades.
don't get me wrong I have been a big fan of Chris, and I still hope he will become better but at this point he is not even half of what we expected when we drafted him.

Old
12-03-2008, 02:23 PM
HotPie

Quote:
the one that is not a rookie, or sophomore,or youngster, the one that was drafted high, the one with high expectation, the one with an A on his shirt, the one who is critique of other players, the one that disapears games after games. The one whose name comes up everytime we are talking trades.
don't get me wrong I have been a big fan of Chris, and I still hope he will become better but at this point he is not even half of what we expected when we drafted him.
We expected him to be a 3rd liner when we drafted him.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:26 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
If I recall, we traded up in the draft to get him.

Considering who the guy picked in front of him was, I doubt we projected Higgins as a 3rd liner.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
he became the new Jan Bulis of NHL

at the begining of this season when we played without him we didn't play that bad.

Old
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I must admit I have been a little dissapointed with Higgins play, especially in the playoffs last year. I still like him but the guy needs to add a little (or a lot) of jam to his game, he seems too nice.

Chris has all the tools to be an elite player but he just can't get it all together. If we were going to trade him though, I would want the return to be huge because you know he would break out with another team.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I was wondering, because the other poster was refering to Sergei who did get scratched.

Altho, not as offensively productive as most would like him to be, he doesn't dissapear game after game. His defensive game is still pretty good as is his work ethic. He played really good against Detroit, Buffalo and last night. CH is not our biggest problem right now. You should realize that is why he is still playing with Koivu and didn't go on the 4th line, yet. I do agree tho that going on the 4th for a game or two might put more spice into his game, like it did for AKost. Yet, offensively, his problems are no worst than AKost or Pleks. He's 9 points in 18 games, while before last night, AKost was 9 points in 21 games and Pleks was 12 in 23. You can't have a double-standard for that, they have about the same PPG average, and all of them played extensively on top lines. And all three aren't big problems right now. They all have things to fix, with AKost being the one who seems to be raising his offensive game up a notch. Its just a matter of time before both Higgins and Pleks do the same. When I watch Higgins lately, he seems to be only lacking finish to his game, which is not so bad.

Old
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
he became the new Jan Bulis of NHL

at the begining of this season when we played without him we didn't play that bad.
That is such a lame comparison.

It took Bulis 6 seasons to reach the 40 points plateau (while his second best was 31 in his 3rd season), while Higgins reached 38 in his rookie season. Bulis never went over 40 points, while Higgins got 53 last year.

So far in his career, in 3 seasons plus the begining of this one, CH had 137 points. Bulis reached 140 points in the second half of his 6th season.

Bulis only scored 20 goals ONCE in his career and that was in his 8th season, and he didn't score more than 20.

Higgins scored 23 in his FIRST season, and has had 3 consecutive 20 goals seasons so far, in all three career seasons. Almost reaching 30 in his 3rd season.

In 552 games, Bulis has scored a dismal 96 goals. While Higgins has scored 77 goals in 242 games. To reach Bulis's career total, CH only needs 19 goals, in about 310 games.

That comparison is plain ridiculous and just simple-minded.

Old
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
If I recall, we traded up in the draft to get him.

Considering who the guy picked in front of him was, I doubt we projected Higgins as a 3rd liner.
The fans who grumble about Chris Higgins should sober up when they look at the list of all the forwards the Habs have drafted in the first round after Saku Koivu in 1993. Besides Chris Higgins, there were Terry Ryan, Matt Higgins, Jason Ward, Eric Chouinard, Marcel Hossa, Alexander Perezhogin, Andrei Kostitsyn, Kyle Chipchura, and Max Pacioretty. A. Kostitsyn is the only one of the whole bunch we can honestly say has a clear edge over Higgins, although Pacioretty might get there some day.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:41 PM
bib
#believe

Is it just me or are many of these posts missing the smiley?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post

For what it's worth, my MO is to only stick my dick in elite vages. That doesn't quite succeed in eliminating peasants like you, but we're quite content in continually expanding the gap between the rich and poor.
Quote:
I guess MO doesn't stand for Modus Operandi here, rather "Made-up Obsession".

No wonder your kid says "hi, uncle!" when he sees you.

Am I the only one who noticed these two posts ? Wow. Gotta give credit to BigTimer there, I lol'd pretty hard. Sad though that this is usual habs board arguing.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
That is such a lame comparison.

It took Bulis 6 seasons to reach the 40 points plateau (while his second best was 31 in his 3rd season), while Higgins reached 38 in his rookie season. Bulis never went over 40 points, while Higgins got 53 last year.

So far in his career, in 3 seasons plus the begining of this one, CH had 137 points. Bulis reached 140 points in the second half of his 6th season.

Bulis only scored 20 goals ONCE in his career and that was in his 8th season, and he didn't score more than 20.

Higgins scored 23 in his FIRST season, and has had 3 consecutive 20 goals seasons so far, in all three career seasons. Almost reaching 30 in his 3rd season.

In 552 games, Bulis has scored a dismal 96 goals. While Higgins has scored 77 goals in 242 games. To reach Bulis's career total, CH only needs 19 goals, in about 310 games.

That comparison is plain ridiculous and just simple-minded.
Thank you for taking time and research all these numbers, good job, it might come handy sometimes, you never know.

Old
12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelson View Post
The irony of what you said is that Higgins was at Yale...

So his head went to Yale, but his hands went to M.I.T!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Coldplay
Courage

I get the feeling Higgins will always be a frustrating player that'll put up good numbers in the end. Kind of like, he'll go on small hot streaks where he'll get the majority of his points, then fade away cold for the most part of the year.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I get the feeling Higgins will always be a frustrating player that'll put up good numbers in the end. Kind of like, he'll go on small hot streaks where he'll get the majority of his points, then fade away cold for the most part of the year.
That's a big improvement over Latendresse or SKost, who go on long cold streaks that aren't broken by highly productive hot streaks. Higgins, despite missing 6 games and virtually all of the preseason, has as many goals as those 2 duds combined. (I really mean duds, and it's not a typo for dudes.) Let's face it, Lats is protected (for the time being) by the local media and SKost has an even better shield, the risk of angering his more talented brother if he's shipped out. It's early, but I'm tempted to say I like d'Agostini better than either of them. Those 2 should also be looking back over their shoulders at Max Pacioretty.Will they be discussing their situation as they lounge in the press gallery against the Rangers?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 03:54 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
^
Yeah, but I don't want to give Higgins too much money. He's a luxury 3rd liner in my book. Same with Latendresse.
Higgins.....same.....Latendresse.

ROFLMFAO

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 09:52 PM
holyhabs87

did he play tonight?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote