HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jiri Hudler

Old
12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Jiri Hudler

The Wings won't trade him, but he's a RFA coming up this summer, and I doubt the Wings will have the cap space to sign him. So I was wondering, if he stays healthy and producing at his current rate (which would mean roughly 30 goals and 70 points), what sort of contract do you think your team would offer him?

Would the offers make it to $2.6 mil/year (1st and 3rd rounders) territory?

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
The Wings won't trade him, but he's a RFA coming up this summer, and I doubt the Wings will have the cap space to sign him. So I was wondering, if he stays healthy and producing at his current rate (which would mean roughly 30 goals and 70 points), what sort of contract do you think your team would offer him?

Would the offers make it to $2.6 mil/year (1st and 3rd rounders) territory?
If the offers don't make it to 2.6M, the Wings will have signed him.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
If the offers don't make it to 2.6M, the Wings will have signed him.
Got that right. Hudler has quite a bit of potential. Not to mention he would probably be playing with one of Zetterberg, or Franzen. (if not both, but I doubt Hossa signs... )

Frozen Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:17 AM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
If they sign 2 out of Zetterberg, Hossa, and Franzen, there will not be 2.6 mil left for Hudler. That's the premise of the thread, anyway. There isn't really room for 2 of the 3 anyway, and the Wings will need to make a few trades without even considering Hudler's contract.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Cappo40*

vCash: 500
Zetty and Franzen will be resigned...Hossa was just added to help win another cup, and so far is doing a good job..Unless Hossa takes a paycut, a big one, then maybe all 3 will get signed..

As for Hudler, I wouldn't mind him in TOR, though Burke dislikes the Euros

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:05 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
hossa leaves, det will find a way to sign the other 3.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
solo16

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
Zetty and Franzen will be resigned...Hossa was just added to help win another cup, and so far is doing a good job..Unless Hossa takes a paycut, a big one, then maybe all 3 will get signed..

As for Hudler, I wouldn't mind him in TOR, though Burke dislikes the Euros
Thing about hudler is... Right now he isnt worth all the much asside from potential. He is sorta a Kyle Wellwood but with work ethic.

He has a real limited use. But a few more years of hard training on his skating and puck handling he could be a franchise player. Your paying for his potential. In many ways hes similar to Datsyuk before he became one of the strongest little players in the game. If hudler can get stronger and fight off the much larger opposition, staying on the puck and not being pushed arround he will be AMAZING.

It remains to be seen if he will ever reach that level though. He has gotten better every year but his body may max out before he becomes a legit top 6 forward. Hes got the head and skillset to be a top liner. He just doesnt have the body or body strength yet and he may never.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote