HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antichambre vs 110% vs La Zone?

Old
12-03-2008, 01:32 PM
hashmi842*

vCash: 500
Antichambre vs 110% vs La Zone?

We now have three options when it comes to sports shows in MTL, and I wanted to know what is the most popular show among hf boards habs fans.

My personal ranking

1. La Zone (Dany Dube owns all, more serious show, great analysis, like a bit like TSN)
2. Antichambres because Morisettes laugh is contagious, and laid back, but they sound like Milbury, Hrudhey, and Strachan
3. 110%, the leftovers of both shows, when you have pierre rinfret, you know ur in trouble. More

hashmi842* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Only La Zone is worthy of grading, the rest is junk.

Antichambre is sooooo lame. 110% is a zoo.

La Zone actually have good analysts like Dany Dubé, and while I don't often agree with Gerard Gagnon's assessments, he still knows the game pretty well. Stephane Lebeau ain't that bad either although I hate the fact it looks he's always grasping for air when he speaks.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

I don't like any of them

AC : Bergeron makes stupid comments, lies, distorts and even argues over something that he is totally wrong about (Lats going to Ham last year, it was Lapierre). He also has a known dislike for Koivu and Kovy. While, oh god I never remember his name, well whatever, the host, he looks snobbish and I've never liked him.

LaZone : Michel Villeneuve. I don't need to add anything more, but I'll say that René Pothier and that other dude (Gagnon) are always concentrating on negative points. At least that show has a couple of bright lights in Lebeau, Ciccone and Dubé.

110% same old same old, just pathetic.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
gillyguzzler

La Zone ... hands down the only one worth watching, in spite of Michel Villeneuve and the odd time they have Eric Fichaud. Fichaud is the master of empty repetitive statements.

I like the way Ciconne and Gérard Gagnon go at it and the faces Ciconne makes when he's had enough and you know he just wants to jump accross the table and punch Gagnon in the face. All the while Dubé, can't contain his laughter and Lebeau keeps swallowing.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Etienne

AC: Epic failure. I don't know who at RDS thought it was a good idea to give a microphone to "Le Baron", but that person needs to step down immediately.

110%: It was never good, but with the TQS ship sinking, the rats fled for safer homes. I'm surprised there's still a 110%

La Zone: Mixed feelings. They have in my opinion the best group of analysts but a few bad apple keeps ruining the show. Villeneuve and Martin Leclerc are crap. One stirs **** up just because that's the only thing he can do and the other acts like a bitter ex-boyfriend toward the CH, à la Rejean Tremblay. Habs could win all 82 regular season games and crush everyone in the playoffs, Leclerc would still whine about not having enough francophones or something like that.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't like any of them

AC : Bergeron makes stupid comments, lies, distorts and even argues over something that he is totally wrong about (Lats going to Ham last year, it was Lapierre). He also has a known dislike for Koivu and Kovy. While, oh god I never remember his name, well whatever, the host, he looks snobbish and I've never liked him.

LaZone : Michel Villeneuve. I don't need to add anything more, but I'll say that René Pothier and that other dude (Gagnon) are always concentrating on negative points. At least that show has a couple of bright lights in Lebeau, Ciccone and Dubé.

110% same old same old, just pathetic.
I noticed that about Bergeron last night. I figure though that he is getting older and sometimes as some (not all) elderly people do, they remember things differently than they actually were. Sort of embellish things a bit.

Anyways, I've never been a fan of Bergeron, but still last night, he came off as the most knowledgeable guy on the show even if he was way out on his Lats to Hamilton comment. When Moose is on that show, he makes the show more entertaining at times. Although they lose that entertainment value when they have "Le Moron" on that show. Is there anyone less knowledgeable than that guy. Michel Beaudry (I hate that guy) "calling in" doing poor immitations of Mario Tremblay, Jean Chretien and whoever else just makes this show seem like basement "Wayne's World" cheap. (And I liked Wayne's World, I just mean production value)

La Zone. My biggest complaint is that a-hole Villeneuve and his sarcastic, cynical comments that are just idiotic to begin with. As host, he values his own opinion more than all guests put together. And he often just keeps repeating the same sarcastic complaints which I find annoying. I get that he doesn't like O'Byrne. Chinese people who don't speak French know he doesn't like O'Byrne. Give it a break. I often find myself disagreeing with some of the guests, but at least they don't sound like a bunch of idiots when they express themselves (mostly).

110% - I haven't watched this in over a year. I live in NW Ontario so I have Star Choice. TVA is not part of my bare bones package with RDS and RIS. I don't get Roger's Sportsnet either. Don't miss them. Bergeron was a total imbecile when he was on that show. Now he's not so bad. Villeneuve was a..., well, he hasn't changed.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
GoGionta

Send a message via AIM to GoGionta Send a message via MSN to GoGionta
I tolerate AC more than 110% because they actually don't scream at each others....BUT they say as many ridiculous things as they do on 110% so it's not THAT much better...

GoGionta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:29 PM
totalrecall

Chuck Norris wins

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Newhabfan

The OP has an impressive record ... 32 threads started in 41 posts.

OT though I think that all hockey shows are tuned for a specific TV consumer profile, and I'm (hopefully) not belonging to that profile so I don't really watch them, unless they have a very interesting guest.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Pascal

you forgot to add "vs poop" because I think the poop would win easily.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
BBrowser

Hi,

I started this Facebook group to extend a Hab fan apology about the exessive (and dog gone awful) media coverage in Montreal.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52590620585

Feel free to post anything you find offensive there, like the RDS "send the K bros to Syberia" saga.

The text:

We, Montreal Canadiens fans wish to apologize to the organization and players for the painfully intrusive and mediocre media coverage they face each day. We understand you must be fed up with the soap opera that has become our beloved game.

Nous, partisans des Canadiens de Montréal, désirons nous excuser auprès des joueurs et de l'administration pour la couverture journalistique excessive et médiocre qu'ils doivent subir. Nous comprenons très bien que vous devez en avoir assez du cirque qu'est devenu notre sport préféré.

Go Habs Go!

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Hi,

I started this Facebook group to extend a Hab fan apology about the exessive (and dog gone awful) media coverage in Montreal.

Feel free to post anything you find offensive there, like the RDS "send the K bros to Syberia" saga.

The text:

We, Montreal Canadiens fans wish to apologize to the organization and players for the painfully intrusive and mediocre media coverage they face each day. We understand you must be fed up with the soap opera that has become our beloved game.

Nous, partisans des Canadiens de Montréal, désirons nous excuser auprès des joueurs et de l'administration pour la couverture journalistique excessive et médiocre qu'ils doivent subir. Nous comprenons très bien que vous devez en avoir assez du cirque qu'est devenu notre sport préféré.

Go Habs Go!
Jesus Christ, give up already, no one cares.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
ti-vite

You have 52 posts, and 41 of those are threads starts...do you participate in threads?

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

110% for sheer entertainment purposes. I like hearing PJ too. Antichambre = boring, unless of course Laraque is there. La Zone, its bearable, I hate Villeneuve, the others are okay.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Hi,

The text:

Go Habs Go!
SPAM!

Good luck on getting and keeping 100 members

Old
12-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Chuck Norris wins
thanks, I needed a laugh!

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote