HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 way trade: (Cbj/Philly/Van)

Old
12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
how about this

CBJ gets:
Sami Salo
Cody Hodgson
Van 3rd in 2009

Philly gets:
Mike Peca
Jason Chimera
Corey Schneider
Daniel Rahimi
Van 1st in 2010

Van gets:
Danny Briere

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:16 AM
lefty2time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
how about this

CBJ gets:
Sami Salo
Cody Hodgson
Van 3rd in 2009

Philly gets:
Mike Peca
Jason Chimera
Corey Schneider
Daniel Rahimi
Van 1st in 2010

Van gets:
Danny Briere
how is Briere worth Schneider Hodgson Salo 1st, 3rd.

you = fail

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
how about this

CBJ gets:
Danny Briere

Philly gets:
Ryan Johnson
Jannik Hansen
Pascal Leclaire
Kris Russel
CBJ 1st in 2010

Van gets:
Nikita Filatov
Mike Commodore
CBJ 3rd round pick
Fixed.

Now lets getter done

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 12-04-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Fixed.

Now lets getter done
So CBJ gives up one of their best shut down dman, their best puck moving dman and 2 picks for Briere? I think this is worse than the OP proposal. Not to mention we have to throw in Leclaire.

I knew their was a reason why I stayed away from the trade proposal thread.

Edit : I just noticed Filatov going to VAN as well.......really?! I think you forgot a

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
So CBJ gives up one of their best shut down dman, their best puck moving dman and 2 picks for Briere? I think this is worse than the OP proposal. Not to mention we have to throw in Leclaire.

I knew their was a reason why I stayed away from the trade proposal thread.

Edit : I just noticed Filatov going to VAN as well.......really?! I think you forgot a
If the guy I quoted isn't sarcastic, then maybe I should propose this to show CBJ fans that Chimera and Peca arent worth that much.

I replaced what CBJ throws in (Chimera and Peca), with what Van does (Hansen and Johnson)
then replaced what CBJ gets (Hodgson, Salo, Van 3rd) with what Van gets (Filatov, Commodore, and CBJ 3rd)
Then I replaced what Philadelphia gets from Van (Schneider, Rahimi, and Van 1st) with what CBJ gives to Philly (Russel, Leclaire, and CBJ 1st). Get the jist of it?

I'm showing you CBJ fans what the Nucks are giving up, in what the guy proposed to make the trade more even for CBJ, and obvoiously, you see its alot.

My point was that if Chimera and Peca will get you Hodgson, Salo and a 3rd, then the Nucks should be able to get Filatov, Commodore, and a 3rd for Hansen (better than Chimera) and Johnson (worse than Peca)

I wasnt actaully proposing this because unlike the person I quoted, I'm not that big of a homer

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 12-04-2008 at 01:25 AM.
Old
12-04-2008, 01:31 AM
CBJmeser61

Quote:
Fixed.

Now lets getter done
Quote:
If the guy I quoted isn't sarcastic, then maybe I should propose this to show CBJ fans that Chimera and Peca arent worth the world.

I replaced what CBJ throws in (Chimera and Peca), with what Van does (Hansen and Johnson)
then replaced what CBJ gets (Hodgson, Salo, Van 3rd) with what Van gets (Filatov, Commodore, and CBJ 3rd)
Then I replaced what Philadelphia gets from Van (Schneider, Rahimi, and Van 1st) with what CBJ gives to Philly (Russel, Leclaire, and CBJ 1st). Get the jist of it?

I'm showing you CBJ fans what the Nucks are giving up, in what the guy proposed to make the trade more even for CBJ, and obvoiously, you see its alot.

My point was that if Chimera and Peca will get you Hodgson, Salo and a 3rd, then the Nucks should be able to get Filatov, Commodore, and a 3rd for Hansen (better than Chimera) and Johnson (worse than Peca)

I wasnt actaully proposing this because unlike the person I quoted, I'm not that big of a homer
I was not saying I agree with the guy asking you to give up Hodgson, Salo and picks for Briere. Not sure I said Chimera or Peca were worth the world either. If I implied that, I did not mean to. At the same time though Chimera is off to his best start of his career stats wise and his arguably the best PK forward the jackets have. When it comes to trades I try to look at what the player(s) bring to their teams locker rooms as well and Chimera is irreplaceable in the CBJ locker room. I believe someone mentioned earlier in this thread that giving up the likes of Peca/Chimera would be taking two of the biggest leaders out of the lockers room. This is the main reason why the OP's proposal is a bad one for the CBJ and probably Philly.

Note : I do see the point you are trying to make, but I promise I am the farthest from being a homer that a fan can get. I care more about the team winning than any player doing well. Although you could be talking about the guy who wanted to give up Hodgson and Salo for Briere

CBJmeser61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJmeser61 View Post
I was not saying I agree with the guy asking you to give up Hodgson, Salo and picks for Briere. Not sure I said Chimera or Peca were worth the world either. If I implied that, I did not mean to. At the same time though Chimera is off to his best start of his career stats wise and his arguably the best PK forward the jackets have. When it comes to trades I try to look at what the player(s) bring to their teams locker rooms as well and Chimera is irreplaceable in the CBJ locker room. I believe someone mentioned earlier in this thread that giving up the likes of Peca/Chimera would be taking two of the biggest leaders out of the lockers room. This is the main reason why the OP's proposal is a bad one for the CBJ and probably Philly.

Note : I do see the point you are trying to make, but I promise I am the farthest from being a homer that a fan can get. I care more about the team winning than any player doing well. Although you could be talking about the guy who wanted to give up Hodgson and Salo for Briere
Yea I was talking about that guy, and I looked him up, and didn't see he is a rookie user. Suprised to see he is a Flyers fan, guess CBJ must be his 2nd favourite team since he seems to care alot for them.

On a side note: Leadership/Veteran presence on young teams arent always a good thing, just look at Pittsburgh when they had Sydor, Roberts, Recchi. Pittsburgh became a better team without them.
Maybe take out Peca and add a 3rd from CBJ going to Philly indstead?

Old
12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Yea I was talking about that guy, and I looked him up, and didn't see he is a rookie user. Suprised to see he is a Flyers fan, guess CBJ must be his 2nd favourite team since he seems to care alot for them.

On a side note: Leadership/Veteran presence on young teams arent always a good thing, just look at Pittsburgh when they had Sydor, Roberts, Recchi. Pittsburgh became a better team without them.
he could just have a less than perfect view on player values, like we all do

as much as i like russel and would love to get another draft pick, flyers can't take all these contracts. i have no idea how that would be remedied in a 3 way.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
how about this

CBJ gets:
Sami Salo
Cody Hodgson
Van 3rd in 2009

Philly gets:
Mike Peca
Jason Chimera
Corey Schneider
Daniel Rahimi
Van 1st in 2010

Van gets:
Danny Briere
That won't work. The Flyers can't take back that many salaries for 1 player, they are already at the limit. It basically has to be player for player for the Flyers. As a Flyers fan, I don't like the 6.5 pricetag that Briere has, but if Richards or Carter ever go down for an extended period of time, we would be awfully thin down the center. Plus, Briere is a good playoff performer, and lets face it, that really where these guys are expected to earn their contracts.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:

wow i caused quite a stir. ive been reading hf for a few years now just always kinda lurked on the boards.

diehard flyers fan just not overly impressed with salo. ill admit the player im least familair with is hodgson.

briere is still a legitimate scoring threat and will be for a few more years. hes definitely the best player in the deal.

peca fills a role we dont have right now in a defensive centerman who wins faceoffs. and beyond the starters there isnt anyone we could call up to play after dealing from that position. peca isnt the player he was five years ago but the deal from a philly position is about adding depth. both in the lineup and weaknesses on the farm. and i think i kinda settled that from our end. its making it work for the other two i had trouble with

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I think the trade is a joke sort of. The Flyers get some nice stuff in the package with the picks and Schneider, but not Jeff Carter...noooo. Why would we ever dump Carter? We don't need Peca, the picks or Chimera really...Now Schneider we would need but not Jeff Carter...he's part of the reason why we have the most sickeningly dangerous PK in the NHL.
Well I guess the answer would be you're moving one of three 1st line centres for a checking line centre, thus building your team along the more traditional 2 scoring lines, 1 checking line approach. But yeah, I don't think there's a single Philly fan who would support moving Carter at this point.

However I don't think it's that far off value wise and am surprised people are claiming CBJ is getting hosed - Salo would be their top defenceman. I think Van would have to give up another prospect to Philly instead of a 3rd however, perhaps someone along the lines of Rahimi, Ellington or Grabner.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
The only two assets that would even begin to be attractive in a deal for Carter would be Schneider and the 1st. The rest is all throw-in type stuff. Quantity doesn't equal quality.

How about this, can we just knock off ridiculous trade proposals involving Jeff Carter or Mike Richards? They're 23, PPG centers who've both had the word "Selke" thrown their way at some point by NHL people and both of whom the Flyers have locked up around 5 mill a season for 12 and 3 years (with another RFA contract) respectively.

Barring either player breaking down or a trade for a superstar, neither guy is getting dealt.
Carter is awesome but selke? Hmm not sure about that.

Old
12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
how about this

CBJ gets:
Sami Salo
Cody Hodgson
Van 3rd in 2009

Philly gets:
Mike Peca
Jason Chimera
Corey Schneider
Daniel Rahimi
Van 1st in 2010

Van gets:
Danny Briere
At his current salary I don't think Vancouver takes Briere for free.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Carter is awesome but selke? Hmm not sure about that.
Tell that to John Stevens.

Quote:
Stevens likes to talk about Carter's defense as much as his offense. Carter is frequently matched against an opponent's top scorer.

"I've been saying for about a year now, I think he can be a Selke candidate," Stevens said. "Whether it's this year or next year, but at some point in his career. . . . He creates offense from being very responsible defensively. He doesn't cheat. He's a very good positional player, and he competes hard without the puck. And his offense comes from being a good defensive player.

"And it's important to remember he helps our team in so many other ways. If he goes a couple games where he doesn't score, he's still going to help us win games."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...html?viewAll=y

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:58 PM
ELab2

Quote:
You can't look at the quote of a guys long time coach and say that makes it so. He has the POTENTIAL to eventually be a Selke candidate. I'd say the chance he ever wins one are VERY slim but I could see him getting votes at some point.

One area he needs to improve a lot if he wants a Selke is on faceoffs. He is still pretty shabby there

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Right - as John Stevens isn't biased when it comes to evaluating talent on the Flyers, being the Flyers head coach and all.

Look - Carter is an outstanding player and a player I'd kill to have on my team, but I don't think he's a legitimate Selke candidate just yet.

Old
12-05-2008, 06:09 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Does anybody actually read the posts they are responding to?

Let's break this down, quickly.

1) I mentioned that Carter's defense is good enough that the word 'Selke' has thrown around at him. I never said he was going to win one.

2) Another poster questioned that claim.

3) I backed it up.

That's all that took place here.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote