HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo pissed off at the media

Old
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
What made me laugh real hard last night was Bergeron saying the following:

"What bothers me is that Carbo is saying that D'Agostini is not a 4th line player and needs ice time to prove himself. This doesn't bother me, it's just.. why did he not do this with Latendresse after he was called back from Hamilton last year??"

Alain Crête was like... "Uh, Latendresse was not in Hamilton last year.."

Bergeron replied: "Yes, he was sent down at the beginning of the year along with Lapierre."

And they changed subjects.

Just goes to show you how Bergeron really doesn't follow the team at all. He just gives random comments... What a clown, everyone knows Latendresse was never sent to Hamilton.

I can't give you specific examples, but he was doing exactly that in the last years on 110%. Sometimes I couldn't believe how inaccurate he was.

It seems they are only using him because he's a hosuewhole name.

Jeeze, aren,t there guys like Vinny Damphousse and others like him who have nothing to do and would do a much better job than this ex-Nodik who has always hated the Habs and doesn't even care enough to actually watch the games with interest and focus?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
HockeyF3ind

"Montreal is the only city in a sport, all the media attention is turned to hockey and Canadian."

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:01 PM
HockeyF3ind

"I think there once happened behind the bench, he said. Et puis je ne vais pas arrêter de coacher à cause de ça. And then I will not stop coaching because of that. J'ai la tête plus dure que ça.» I head harder than that. "

People should only translate into their own 1st language not try and translate their 1st language to other languages. But if we're short on translation peeps whatever i guess...

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
What got me going last night is when Bergeron sat there and told everyone that the Habs don't know how to develop young players and give up on them too easily after isolated hick ups in performance, citing Ribeiro, Beachemin, and Hainsey.

Meanwhile, we had no less than 9 players in uniform last night + injured key player (Komi) who would qualify as young players having come up through the Habs system this decade and contributing greatly after facing some growing pains.

However Bergeron harped on the three in the press box (namely Latendresse). Carbo is absolutely right.
Yeah most of the media here are way overboard .There not journalists they think there judges. The dont report story's they try to create them !Where is it written the media is to be given such free reign?

I think they abuse the Montreal Canadiens . Imagine if there was no Montreal Canadiens where would all these hacks be (or talking about).

I often said the Habs should limit access to the team and cut out alot of this crap .

ALSO the Habs should demand payment money from any journalist/organization covering the team. SET THE FEE high enough to keep the idiots away .You want to cover the Habs ? fine min 2 million a season deposit and if you step out of line or create UNWANTED/unnecessary controversy you lose it!!Id bet the questioning of the Habs would be alot less hostile at times.

As far as Hainsey he wasnt ready to play here i think that was documented well enough .He finally got it together in Columbus and guess what? They didnt resign him, Why?Are the Columbus fans in a rage because the let Hainsey go?

Sure we lost Beachemin and id probably take him back this summer if he wanted to come back here.Yes he has had a few good seasons over Duck land but why is it now they want to trade him?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:05 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
The problem is though that all these "analysts" have a target public that thinks and reacts like them. If you do not believe me check this board (and here we are kinda selective and moderated - try the RDS Talkbacks for a change).

It's hard to me to know at what point all these critics express the position of a large group of hab fans or not.

Last night, when the Thrashers tied it, when people were going crazy against Carbo and the habs on these precise forums (check the threads) - however - the majority of the public went "Go HABS Go" instead of booing and I guess that helped.

Same with the "fire" Carbo poll a while ago - although 70-80% of the posts in the thread were asking for carbo to be changed, the majority of the votes went the reasonable way.

My point - the booers, the "bipolar" fans are just a minority - a highly vocal one but still a minority. Same goes for the anlysts.

In the world of my favourite hockey analyst, Pat Burns "In Montreal the competition between hockey journalists is tougher than between hockey players"
Those are excellent observations. It does makes sense that the more immature and seemingly bipolar fans are the loudest because that's the way it is in general anyway. While the silent majority sit by quietly, or generate the odd snipe, as in my case.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:16 PM
ReVeuF

I totally agree with Carbo

I hope medias will change but i won't bet a lot on that. They are like vampires, they drain the team energy (mental) with all the negative stuff.

The 100th season so far is really weird, we can count in one hand the games Habs played well but we have a 14-6-4 record.

Can you guys (girls) imagine if Habs played at their potential ?

We would be ahead of the Teddy Bruins for sure.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

1) Totally agree with Carbo
2) And here's the headfake: Carbo may wants to draw the media's attention toward him, hoping they will leave the players alone for a while in the process.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Fire Brunet*

ahahah now don't come an tell me the french media doesn't love Fats. he gets scratched one game and chaos ensues.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 05:02 PM
dutchy29

The players only have to answer to Carbo not the media.
Carbo needs to only downplay the media's presence as interest from the public.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
BBrowser

Hi,

I started this Facebook group to extend a Hab fan apology about the exessive (and dog gone awful) media coverage in Montreal.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=52590620585

Feel free to post anything you find offensive there, like the RDS "send the K bros to Syberia" saga.

The text:

We, Montreal Canadiens fans wish to apologize to the organization and players for the painfully intrusive and mediocre media coverage they face each day. We understand you must be fed up with the soap opera that has become our beloved game.

Nous, partisans des Canadiens de Montréal, désirons nous excuser auprès des joueurs et de l'administration pour la couverture journalistique excessive et médiocre qu'ils doivent subir. Nous comprenons très bien que vous devez en avoir assez du cirque qu'est devenu notre sport préféré.

Go Habs Go!

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Andy

I think you guys should watch Carbo's press conference, he's fed up with the media, it's such a great video. I've questioned Carbo a lot, but I'm really impressed what he's said with the media.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
itscalledhawkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
We need a rule on these boards that anything in French should be translated:

Why not start a Facebook group demanding it?
Or, better yet, educate your lazy ass and learn to read french so you don't have to be such a dependent little ****?

itscalledhawkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Khabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscalledhawkey View Post
Why not start a Facebook group demanding it?
Or, better yet, educate your lazy ass and learn to read french so you don't have to be such a dependent little ****?
Why would he learn french just so he can read ignorant, nonsensical french media comments?

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
itscalledhawkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirakith View Post
Why would he learn french just so he can read ignorant, nonsensical french media comments?
For the same reason he would want it translated.
He likes the pain.

itscalledhawkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I can't give you specific examples, but he was doing exactly that in the last years on 110%. Sometimes I couldn't believe how inaccurate he was.
I'll give you one.

This never gets old

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I find La Zone is pretty good, they have 2-3 guys oin there that can think hockey and don't feel they have to say outrageous stuff. 110% is just about who can make the biggest knee jerk statement, they can't even let the others speak.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Carbo forgot about the Alouette's?
Tonight topic on 110%
" Carbo et les Canadian on manquer de respect enver les Allouette on disan que le Canadian est la seule equipe sportif a MTL"
Translate
Carbs and Habs disrespect the Allouette by saying they(Habs) are the only professional sport in MTL

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...les-medias.php

I totally agree with him...
There is more political analysis of the team in Montreal than anywhere else and in any other sports.
Why cant the media stop their "reality show" coverage of the habs and working with the team...
I fully agree with Carbonneau and this is one example why I think that he's the best guy (no pun intended) to coach this team, just like Gainey is great as a GM, as neither takes any crap from the media. THEY control the show as opposed to the media controlling them as we've seen in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
2) And here's the headfake: Carbo may wants to draw the media's attention toward him, hoping they will leave the players alone for a while in the process.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Tonight topic on 110%
" Carbo et les Canadian on manquer de respect enver les Allouette on disan que le Canadian est la seule equipe sportif a MTL"
Translate
Carbs and Habs disrespect the Allouette by saying they(Habs) are the only professional sport in MTL
The habs and the Allouettes don't really compete against each other, so the point is moot. The CFL post-season is the NHL pre-season.

Everybody understood what Carbo ment and the only reason why he's going to get quote-mined to hell is because the media don't like being criticized publicly like that.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
The habs and the Allouettes don't really compete against each other, so the point is moot. The CFL post-season is the NHL pre-season.

Everybody understood what Carbo ment and the only reason why he's going to get quote-mined to hell is because the media don't like being criticized publicly like that.
the CFL post season finsihed a week and half ago,
the NHL pre season ended over 2 months ago.

how are they at the same time?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 08:27 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

It seems they are only using him because he's a hosuewhole name.

Jeeze, aren,t there guys like Vinny Damphousse and others like him who have nothing to do and would do a much better job than this ex-Nodik who has always hated the Habs and doesn't even care enough to actually watch the games with interest and focus?
was that water in his glass?
Burgie is losing it and I'm thinking that he will not be on for much longer. I'll admit that I watch this shows time to time and last night on 110 was not better.
I believe is name is De Foy or something like it, well he was piss at Jean-Charles(this guy take the cake wen it comes to IQ) and for a sec I though I was in for a fight.
Anyways, my scape goat on all hockey related shows(French and English) would be Jean-Charle Lajoie. What is this guy doing on a show. Such an ^%#$ and is totally annoying. I'm thing of sending a complaint to TQS.
Anyway I more likely want but their I vented!

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
the CFL post season finsihed a week and half ago,
the NHL pre season ended over 2 months ago.

how are they at the same time?
They aren't. That's my point.

edit: by "pre season", I ment "the begining of the season". Sorry, my bad.

Old
12-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Quote:
If that was his intention, we can say "Mission Accomplished": Jean-Charles on 110% (TV), Marc Bureau on CKAC (Radio), Richard Labbé in LaPresse (Newspaper) (http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ait-un-peu.php), etc...

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
My thoughts exactly as I read the article. He's obviously not going to stop the media, but he can deflect it away from his team for awhile. Good job Carbo.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
My thoughts exactly as I read the article. He's obviously not going to stop the media, but he can deflect it away from his team for awhile. Good job Carbo.
Kind of reminds me of that coach for the US on one of those world championships. He had rival players on his team, so he got them pissed at him so that they would stop being pissed at each other.

Smart and effective.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote