HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#20 -- Stars at Flyers -- November 24, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
My buddy sitting beside me in class says I have to respect all of your opinions because of your avatar.

You can tell him I respect all of your opinions due to your avatar(s).

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 03:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2080
Carolina's injury update from after today's practice:
Quote:
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...yellow-for-red

Williams trades yellow for red

Canes forward Justin Williams traded his yellow jersey for a red one today at practice, meaning he has been cleared for contact drills -- another step in his recovery.

Williams had surgery for an Achilles tendon tear in September but is ahead of schedule in his rehab and has been skating with the team in workouts.

Defenseman Frantisek Kaberle continues to get in more work and closer to returning, but Joni Pitkanen and Tim Gleason missed practice today at the RecZone. Pitkanen took a hard shot Monday night in the 3-2 loss to the Florida Panthers.

"He got his bell rung," Canes coach Peter Laviolette said of Pitkanen. "He's day-to-day right now. He went to the doctors and they said just get an off-ice workout today and see how he feels tomorrow."

Laviolette said Gleason, who was injured Sunday against Nashville, also was day to day. While he said he doubted Gleason would return for the two games this week against Philadelphia, he said he would not rule it out.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Hope willy doesnt come back while we play them.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Miss Mess

Just saw this quote:

Quote:
“That’s because he’s allowed to cheat. He’s an All-Star.”—C Jeff Carter on having a tough night in the faceoff circle against Stars C Mike Modano. Carter lost 15 of 17 draws.

Last edited by Miss Mess: 12-04-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Just saw this quote:
Mabye Carter should just shut up and improve on the faceoffs

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Mabye Carter should just shut up and improve on the faceoffs
Unfortunately, cheating is a big part of improving on faceoffs...and vets get a much larger margin for error on their cheating. Rod Brind'Amour cheats left and right without getting called for it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Unfortunately, cheating is a big part of improving on faceoffs...and vets get a much larger margin for error on their cheating. Rod Brind'Amour cheats left and right without getting called for it.
I am sure they do and rightfully so......Just like Michael Jordan who basically traveled on every play, but was never called for it....and Gretzky who you couldnt sneeze on without getting a penalty.

Doesnt mean he needs to cry about it. Just improve (i.e. learn how to cheat) and as he is more established he will get the same benefits.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 01:30 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
I am sure they do and rightfully so......Just like Michael Jordan who basically traveled on every play, but was never called for it....and Gretzky who you couldnt sneeze on without getting a penalty.

Doesnt mean he needs to cry about it. Just improve (i.e. learn how to cheat) and as he is more established he will get the same benefits.
If he keeps scoring, Carter could carry around a teddy bear and cry all the time and I wouldn't care.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Jester

Quote:

I wouldn't say that's crying about it, more a stating of a fact...and maybe planting it in some refs heads.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I wouldn't say that's crying about it, more a stating of a fact...and maybe planting it in some refs heads.
Maybe during that game he has a point, but he's been dreadful on faceoffs since entering the league. He's not exactly in a position to be calling guys out for their technique when he's lucky to win a draw against anyone.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Maybe during that game he has a point, but he's been dreadful on faceoffs since entering the league. He's not exactly in a position to be calling guys out for their technique when he's lucky to win a draw against anyone.
That's a secondary issue to the fact that veteran (and good faceoff guys) cheat left and right. Not like he's discovering some mystery here, or stating something that others haven't said before.