HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs after at least one of these guys...

Old
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Le depisteur

vCash: 500
McKeen's Hockey Prospect

Tyler Bozak (UFA), C, Denver Pioneers
Intelligent multi-dimensional center that was named to the WCHA All-Rookie Team and was chosen All-WCHA Third Team .. skates well with the puck and utilizes his long strides to accelerate to his adequate top gear fluidly .. handles the puck well in traffic areas and can distribute passes in tight deftly from both sides of his stick .. scoring 18 goals this year, Bozak incisively finds the quiet areas around the net and can finish with his fast release .. displaying exceptional puck smarts, Bozak always makes the correct play with the puck, whether it is attacking with the puck or being patient and waiting for the play to develop .. disguises his intentions before nearly every pass he makes .. a complete player, Bozak is a savvy defender that has effectively checked some of the WCHA's top centers and possesses the ability to transition his stellar defensive work into offensive opportunities heading the other way .. competitive and sturdy in scrums .. detailed player that is strong on draws .. Bozak emerged as Denver's most promising prospect this year as a freshman and his services will likely create a bidding war amongst NHL teams once he decides to go pro. (April 3, 2008)

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Brunnstrom ain't doing too good.
Still more potential there than maybe even maxpac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Who cares when we have Timmins drafting gems, free agents will always be a game of chance.
That's exactly my point, we're interested in them, but when 29 other teams are too, I'm not too optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
We got Danis who I know the flyers tried to sign, too bad it didn't really work out either. Hard to complain though when the club is drafting well year after year.
Not complaining, just not getting my hopes up. It's always nice to have extra top prospects in our system, but we'll get by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
And I don't think Wheeler would of been given a fair chance to make the team like he was in Boston.

Trotter is also a year younger than Wheeler and two years young than Brunnstrom. He could still become the best player of the bunch. He's having a pretty decent rookie season in Hamilton.
He could, but I honestly doubt he will. There's no real indication that he'll even make the NHL full time. Until he even makes the jump, It's hard to imagine him being better than those two currently or in terms of potential. Not complaining about him tho, glad to have him.

Last edited by montreal: 12-04-2008 at 10:03 PM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Yup, and he's big and a right handed shot. From the scouting report, he seems like exactly what we're lacking in our prospect pool.
6'0", 165lbs is big?

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
6'0", 165lbs is big?
He's 6'1, 180 now. No, he's not that big.

http://wcha.cstv.com/genrel/stats.html?0809/iros/denm

12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I doubt Trotter comes close to Wheeler personally, I saw a lot of Wheeler and while he was inconsistent for sure, at times he could be a dominate player, nice hands not very physical for a big guy though. As for Trotter having a good year in Hamilton, that's not the case, he's already been benched a couple of times by Lever. He does have some nice hands though, can dish the puck, deke and a decent shot.
I've only seen 7 games this year, so maybe I just saw all his good games.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Adam91

When I saw Bozak play a few years ago he reminds me of Mathew Lombardi V2.0, still going from the BCHL to NHL in 3 seasons will be a pretty good accomplishment, considering he was still trying to secure an NCAA scholarship as a 20yr old.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
When I saw Bozak play a few years ago he reminds me of Mathew Lombardi V2.0, still going from the BCHL to NHL in 3 seasons will be a pretty good accomplishment, considering he was still trying to secure an NCAA scholarship as a 20yr old.
I'd be surprised to see him in the nhl next year, I like what I've seen from him though, would like to see us get him or Gilroy as free prospects is such a low risk move. I heard the tsn piece during the Habs game about him possibly being in the nhl next year but I'd be surprised if that was the case unless he ends up on one of the bottom feeders who can afford to roll the dice and give him a roster spot.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote