HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Flyers

Old
12-01-2008, 11:19 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
DONE DEAL!

i was actually thinking mayers when I put the "+" in but was to busy to look up cap hit...mayer, metro, & asham would be a good 4th line especially come playoff time...all three can move up and fill in if someone is draggin there arse for a game...it's not like cote or gratton strike fear into people that the flyers need them as enforcers.

gagne-richards-knuble
nodl-carter-hartnell
upshall-briere-lupul
mayers-metro-asham

coburn-kimo
carle-kubina
parent-vannanen
alberts
flyers need to dump salary, and lupul doesn't make 4 mil until next season. take out mayers and the flyers keep their pick. lupul, jones for kubina?

and you included lupul in your lineup even though he got shipped for kubina.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Mike Richards 18

we dont need that level of dman. we need a solid dman who is physical. doesnt have to be a superstar a tier below regehr and komisarek would be perfect for philly.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:49 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
When has Coburn EVER shown he can give Kaberles output? His highest points total is 36, and hes on pace to have 32 this year. Carle barely made SJ's roster and then was traded twice within the year. I can understand Philly rather getting a shutdown D-man, but either Im not understanding your points or you're really offbase.
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot, all that matters when grading a D-Man is points. Obviously, that's what a good d-man's output is judged by, rather than their overall defensive play.

Last year when Coburn was breaking out, he showed he was better defensively than Kaberle but noooo he wasn't better offensively, but he was pretty good. Coburn is off to a slow start but I'd rather have him for sure. Carle was traded to get Boyle though, that's not something you can blame on him. Then after that trade, I have no idea...lol, TBL is dumb and can't manage a team.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
It's much more fun watching the Flyers' defence lose games for them rather than helping them out, IMO anyway. Hate to see Matt Carle get less ice time.
Carle's been playing extremely well since he's been here...I don't understand your last snippy comment.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese_Howard View Post
burke traded lupul cause he didnt like the way he played, no way he takes him back.
I think he traded Lupul to acquire a franchise defenseman.

Last edited by Oblivion: 12-02-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 01:51 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I think he traded Lupul to acquire a franchise defenseman.
Yeah, I mean if I had to guess, it was because Lupul was probably an expendable, YET great piece in a trade to land an already pretty good player. This trade similar to Carle's trade from SJ to TB...traded a young pretty nice D-Man for an All-Star D-Man as the centerpiece.

Gotta give up something to get something as they say.

Old
12-02-2008, 04:06 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
flyers need to dump salary, and lupul doesn't make 4 mil until next season. take out mayers and the flyers keep their pick. lupul, jones for kubina?

This trade probably wouldnt happen until it got closer to the deadline. Kubina is a physical dman who blocks a ton of shots. He's not recognized for that part of his game. He's not a bruiser but isn't afraid of the physical stuff. There would be 5.4 coming our way this year and 6.33 in cap this year. The longer it would take for this trade to happen the easier it is for Philly to fit it in. If needed the leafs could take a small dump if there is one there.

Last edited by dredeye: 12-02-2008 at 04:16 AM.
dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:12 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
DONE DEAL!

i was actually thinking mayers when I put the "+" in but was to busy to look up cap hit...mayer, metro, & asham would be a good 4th line especially come playoff time...all three can move up and fill in if someone is draggin there arse for a game...it's not like cote or gratton strike fear into people that the flyers need them as enforcers.

gagne-richards-knuble
nodl-carter-hartnell
upshall-briere-lupul
mayers-metro-asham

coburn-kimo
carle-kubina
parent-vannanen
alberts
Yeah I figured he might be a nice fit. He's a solid 3rd 4th liner. He's not a goon but will drop them to defend his teamates and will hold his own. He's also got decent hands for what he does so he's not a liability on the ice.

Old
12-04-2008, 01:34 AM
lancer247

Quote:

after next season the flyers would have kubina mayers salaries coming off the bboks along w/ guys like knuble probably..assuming the cap doesn't go down too significantly the flyers really have one more season before they will need to clear space for guys like coburn and parent.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 02:10 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
after next season the flyers would have kubina mayers salaries coming off the bboks along w/ guys like knuble probably..assuming the cap doesn't go down too significantly the flyers really have one more season before they will need to clear space for guys like coburn and parent.
hell, if the flyers acquired kubina today, they'd be in a bind to fit him under the cap. we can't even fit jones at this point.

i actually know nothing about mayers. what's he like?

Old
12-04-2008, 02:49 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
hell, if the flyers acquired kubina today, they'd be in a bind to fit him under the cap. we can't even fit jones at this point.

Briere is going/went on the LTI....Our cap problems are over for now. We'll be able to bring back Jones/Parent without a problem.

Old
12-04-2008, 09:48 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Briere is going/went on the LTI....Our cap problems are over for now. We'll be able to bring back Jones/Parent without a problem.
we need to stop relying on LTIR. its ok as a stopgap, and homer is a good enough GM that i think he can handle it without letting it bite us in the ass, but eventually we need to get under the cap without it. we were having trouble getting jones back on the lineup. briere goes down and we're ok again. what happens when briere eventually comes back? trades/waivers are going to need to happen, and other GMs will know philly is in a weak position and we're not going to get fair value for assets.

Old
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
we need to stop relying on LTIR. its ok as a stopgap, and homer is a good enough GM that i think he can handle it without letting it bite us in the ass, but eventually we need to get under the cap without it. we were having trouble getting jones back on the lineup. briere goes down and we're ok again. what happens when briere eventually comes back? trades/waivers are going to need to happen, and other GMs will know philly is in a weak position and we're not going to get fair value for assets.
We need to stop relying on LTI.....wow.

We're set for the rest of the year as far as the cap goes. Stop worrying. And stop complaining about our cap situation.

Old
12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
We need to stop relying on LTI.....wow.

We're set for the rest of the year as far as the cap goes. Stop worrying. And stop complaining about our cap situation.
who's complaining? this is the situation now, and i'm just thinking ahead. we're not in a doomsday scenario or anything, but these are things we need to consider for the future.

Old
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
who's complaining? this is the situation now, and i'm just thinking ahead. we're not in a doomsday scenario or anything, but these are things we need to consider for the future.
I'm sure Homer has considered this...if Briere hadn't gotten hurt, he just would've waived/traded someone to make room. Now we don't have to so it worked out even better.

Old
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

Mayers is just your blue collar kinda player. He's does all the little things. He's a leader and st.louis fans weren't happy to lose him when we picked him up. He's not great at anything but he's also not bad at anything. He's just a well balanced 3rd liner. He's not afraid to throw the body around and can hold is own when the gloves come off.

Old
12-04-2008, 07:38 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Mayers is just your blue collar kinda player. He's does all the little things. He's a leader and st.louis fans weren't happy to lose him when we picked him up. He's not great at anything but he's also not bad at anything. He's just a well balanced 3rd liner. He's not afraid to throw the body around and can hold is own when the gloves come off.
i'd take him. he has to be better than asham at least

Old
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
i'd take him. he has to be better than asham at least
Dont' get me wrong with my statements you'd be very happy with him. He's a solid reliable leader. Good hands, good speed, good offensively, good defensively, good hitter, good fighter. Not great but good at everything.