HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Canadiens dominate from start to finish, beat Rangers 6-2

Old
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Woland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post
Unbelievable. Please don't go there...

Even if what you say may be true, it's not the time to say this.

A good effort by everyone + a tired Rangers team might be the reason why we won...just a thought.
but it's a fact ....

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
but it's a fact ....
The fact is that he's young, made some mistakes & hopefully learned from them.

Anyways, after a good win like tonight, why don't you just cheer the team?

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Gorges was a +4 tonight.
Lang is having a good season.
Gorges is the MVP of this team so far, I dont care what people say. From a bottom line D to first line duties, we stole him and he has been awesome.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:34 PM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Gorges is the MVP of this team so far, I dont care what people say. From a bottom line D to first line duties, we stole him and he has been awesome.
Hmm, MVP I wouldn't say so. Most effective player in his role, maybe, but he doesn't have one of the biggest roles on the team.

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Woland

Quote:
The fact is that he's young, made some mistakes & hopefully learned from them.

Anyways, after a good win like tonight, why don't you just cheer the team?
trust me ...I did my fare share of cheering at the bar, when I should have been studying for my two finals this week-end...

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
True.

They seemed very close and all and people (french media) were saying that if Carbo decides to send Sergei down, Andrei will get mad and blabla but seriously, i dont think Andrei will care much. The two brothers didnt even take the same road to get to the nhl.
Andrei not caring much is a strong word to say... His only family in N-A is his little brother and they have the chance to play on the same team. They are very close to each other and they're always hanging with each other. The fact that Sergei came in North America made Andrei really happy when he was lonely in Hamilton. It was a huge factor in Andrei's development back then, well at least it helped. What do you think he is, an emotionless cyborg ?! I'm pretty sure that it matters to him and it will affect him in a way or another if anything happens to his little baby brother.

Just imagine yourself, going to Russia to play hockey. You don't have anybody close to you, suddenly you're brother join you're team. I'm pretty sure you'll not say the same thing...

I had the same experience with that kind of things, when I was in Ottawa to study... My little sister came over and it was easier after.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
When sergei is going to be back in the lineup, he is going to tear it up... He needed to be benched

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Or, I don't know, people should stop writing off both?

It's a fascinating concept, if you think about it. You know, not being biased and treating young players with respect. Not creating rivalries and fights on your own team. Try it sometime. You'll sleep easier.
best post this season.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
and maybe the next captain
really i love the guy and he might be captain material....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Hmm, MVP I wouldn't say so. Most effective player in his role, maybe, but he doesn't have one of the biggest roles on the team.
He has led the team in ES icetime the last 4 games in a row. He continues to be amongst the leaders on the team in shorthanded icetime, and has seen some time on the 2nd unit of the PP. How is this not a big role?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Mother Pucker

Nobody mentionned because of the awesomeness of everyone but...Koivu threw the gloves against Gomez??? WTH??

Me thinks Koivu was jealous of Lapierre's Gordie Howe trick

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
When sergei is going to be back in the lineup, he is going to tear it up... He needed to be benched
I think so too. People took Carbo's "he acts like he's a 10 years veteran", which I believe was meant as him being complacent, and suddenly it became "he whines, doesn't make efforts and doesn't care".

Etienne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Chomsky

Just finished watching the game on Canadiens express. Nice chemistry between D'ago and Andrei, they are both very comfortable on either wings, so it makes the puck cycling much easier, this should be an interesting line to watch.

D'ago really looks like a bigger Jason pominville. Let's see if he can keep up the pace. Really impressed so far. Sergei with Higgins and Plekanec and Tanguay with Lang and Kovalev, or vice-versa, and you have 3 very nice offensive lines.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:58 AM
guest1467

The question is who sits in favour of Kostitsyn and Latendresse? Kostopoulos, Begin, and Laraque would obviously be the usual victims but they are all playing great hockey.

Old
12-05-2008, 01:05 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The question is who sits in favour of Kostitsyn and Latendresse? Kostopoulos, Begin, and Laraque would obviously be the usual victims but they are all playing great hockey.
cant be begin he is playing very solid hockey right now..

gotta be sergei coming in for laraque prolly when we play a faster/quicker team

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Im guessing Laraque.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:21 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Not commenting on Dags, Kostytsin or Koivu, done already...

Loved watching Kostopoulos out there... the guy know the coaches trust him and it showed tonight.

Even though it didnt lead to a goal or anything, it was nice to see him try to deke players, be involved in plays (other that his usual crashing of the net).

At first I though it would eventually show that 1st or 2nd line is not his place to be... but it's been about 10 games now and, although he doesnt have many points, he still doesnt look lost out there with the Plekanec, Tanguay, Koivu (before) and others...

This Nonstopoulos is a very nice surprise so far this season!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:36 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
For me, Sergei is the first guy to put back into the lineup of the two now sitting out, as either BGL or Steve Begin will get a boo-boo or a slight dip in production sometime soon. Sergei could also get back into the lineup if D'Ago cools off a bit.

Guillaume, OTOH, is in bigger trouble. He's not as complete a player as Sergei, and not as good a scorer as Begin or Lapierre, at least not lately. And he can't even shine Kostopoulos' shoes in terms of making the right decisions on the ice. And you know what? I kinda LIKE Kosto with Plekanec! Tomas seems to play with a bit more feistiness alongside Zorba.

Certainly, Max Lapierre has leaped WAYYYY past Gui in the past two years, even making nice plays in the offensive zone for his linemates!

I suppose against some teams we could try Lapierre-Sergei-Latendresse, but right now Begin doesn't deserve to come out of the lineup.

Guillaume's supporters should stop complaining about his linemates, because the very "fourth line slugs" being implicitly criticized are themselves producing more offence than Guillaume - and that's been pretty much all year.

With Max Pacioretty currently learning the trade and possessing a very nice upside, I'm starting to think that Guillaume's eventual role may be limited to replacing Steve Begin when he retires, meaning a fourth liner who can hit, score occasionally and provide a needed local presence. IOW, he is probably currently ahead of Gregory Stewart but not many other forwards on this team, or close to it. So, is Lats in trouble? The answer is yeah. I wouldn't be expecting a big payday anytime soon if I were him.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:49 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
For me, Sergei is the first guy to put back into the lineup of the two now sitting out, as either BGL or Steve Begin will get a boo-boo or a slight dip in production sometime soon. Sergei could also get back into the lineup if D'Ago cools off a bit.

Guillaume, OTOH, is in bigger trouble. He's not as complete a player as Sergei, and not as good a scorer as Begin or Lapierre, at least not lately. And he can't even shine Kostopoulos' shoes in terms of making the right decisions on the ice. And you know what? I kinda LIKE Kosto with Plekanec! Tomas seems to play with a bit more feistiness alongside Zorba.

Certainly, Max Lapierre has leaped WAYYYY past Gui in the past two years, even making nice plays in the offensive zone for his linemates!

I suppose against some teams we could try Lapierre-Sergei-Latendresse, but right now Begin doesn't deserve to come out of the lineup.

Guillaume's supporters should stop complaining about his linemates, because the very "fourth line slugs" being implicitly criticized are themselves producing more offence than Guillaume - and that's been pretty much all year.

With Max Pacioretty currently learning the trade and possessing a very nice upside, I'm starting to think that Guillaume's eventual role may be limited to replacing Steve Begin when he retires, meaning a fourth liner who can hit, score occasionally and provide a needed local presence. IOW, he is probably currently ahead of Gregory Stewart but not many other forwards on this team, or close to it. So, is Lats in trouble? The answer is yeah. I wouldn't be expecting a big payday anytime soon if I were him.
I agree, I was going to write "Sergei and to a lesser extent Latendresse", but changed it. I would imagine Laraque is the one to come off the roster, but he actually played really well tonight so it makes it a little difficult. I have a feeling Sergei is going to absolutely destroy when he is put back into the lineup, he is they type of player that will rebound nicely from something like this. And I agree about Lapierre and Begin, right now they are playing very well, and in no way warrant a seat in the press box. I like Kostopoulos anywhere in the lineup, the guy is one of the most serviceable utility players I have ever seen. He is gaining alot of confidence as well, and starting to display a hidden hockey intelligence that I think a lot of people wrote off about him. Honestly, I don't see D'Agonstini slowing down really, the guy has all the tools to suceed with this team, and fits in so well on that line for one and with the team makeup. Even when he is not scoring or getting points he is making positive plays in all three zones and causing turnovers. You got to love the internal competition going on right now with the young guys with the addition of D'Agostini into the mix.

Latendresse is interesting. I think a lot of posters expect him to be in the top 6 or he is useless, I don't think this is the case. When Lats was on the fourth line a couple games ago he looked really good, and I think he can really thrive in that role if some expectations are taken off of him. He seems to always get kind of a free ride with the team and media, and expectations are so high that sometimes people need to take a step back and realise that Lats has the potential to be a star on the fourth line for years to come. It will definitely be interesting to see how this competition between Lapierre, Begin, Kostopoulos, Latendresse, D'Agostini and Sergei(although I have a feeling Sergei is going to bounce back big time, especially since his brother has really picked it up) plays out. Something I will definitely be watching for in the future.

Old
12-05-2008, 02:53 AM
m00ks

- Enjoyed the puck support after the dump-in, something they've been lacking a lot lately.

- Those lil chip plays off the boards are being handled very well. Allows for us to take off with speed.

- Akost seems is look like he was just released from prison. The kid is all over the ice, great to see him play with fire and determination. He's a bull on skates.

- It's getting crowded in the pressbox and it'll only get worse when Komo comes back. Lats is in deep doodoo. Sergei's a competitor and he'll step it up when he gets his crack at the line-up. Dandenault and Brisebois appears to be getting the job done. I don't see where Obyrne fits once Komo comes back.

-November is finally over. December's always been a good month, I can finally start enjoying watching games again.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Wow maybe i'm seeing things but I think we're really starting to "click" here. It may be just two games but i'm seeing electricity all over, especialy from the guys with need like Andrei Kost and so forth.

Also we got the first true good game by BGL, showing us so much magic with his hands living up to his surname of Laraque Obama.

Something i'm noticing more and more is that Andrei is making all his great plays...in the middle. Umm maybe we have our big, talented center right in our midst. I would really like for Guy to at least try him at that position.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I bash the hell out of Brisebois, but he played almost 20 minutes tonight, and was a +2.
He's had worse games....way worse
I can't believe i'm saying this but Dandy and Breezer are playing better and better and better. Something in the coffee probably.

Old
12-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
As if that would ever happen, they're like addicts refusing to admit their problem.

The coach deserves credit for the team's recent turnaround too - he's got Dandenault in there actually playing good minutes, he got Steve Begin & Mad Max to suddenly become hockey players again, he deserves credit for Tom K on line 2 and he put together the top line.

For finally putting Andrei Kostitsyn with Koivu - thanks Carbo!! It could've been 10-2 tonight if King Henrik wasn't so good.
I like this so much. After all the critics by the press and fans and who-know-who everything Guy has done recently works! I even like that underachievers like Lang, Higgins and Kovy are playing together. It's like the sleeping line that we never see the whole game yet can hurt an opponant at any times. It's like a depth line.

Old
12-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I can't believe i'm saying this but Dandy and Breezer are playing better and better and better. Something in the coffee probably.
Yup these two have made this defense more stable than it has been all year.

I guess it is an irrefutable fact now that Breezy + Dandy > O'byrne + Komi

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:32 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
As if that would ever happen, they're like addicts refusing to admit their problem.

The coach deserves credit for the team's recent turnaround too - he's got Dandenault in there actually playing good minutes, he got Steve Begin & Mad Max to suddenly become hockey players again, he deserves credit for Tom K on line 2 and he put together the top line.

For finally putting Andrei Kostitsyn with Koivu - thanks Carbo!! It could've been 10-2 tonight if King Henrik wasn't so good.
You can say whatever you want about using Dandeneault on D or the Koivu-Kostytsin duo...

but come on... we got to give the coach credit for playing his 4th liners on the 4th line ?? be serious for a second here...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote