HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/4 New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM MSG

Old
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
We got outscored 25 - 8 in those games. Ugh, even worse than I first imagined.

It does look a lot worse on paper

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
I think a lot more people are noticing if Henrik isn't playing a superhuman goalie all game, it becomes very tough to win.
He always plays a superhuman game, but he is still human, and pucks still get past him. He seems like he is the only one out on the ice at times. Its a huge problem.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Poor Lundqvist... that's all. I didn't watch the game last night, but how was Prucha's fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZherdeV View Post
^ LoFFeN, dude...you make the best videos! Killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkmonte View Post
Awesome Video! They should play this on MSG before every game, it would get fans so pumped up! Nice Job!

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Why the fuss? So we lost a game...it happens. We played one of the best teams in the conference in their rink, it was a difficult game to begin with.

18-9-2, tied for the most points in the conference...and everyone is acting like it's all over.
omg. that again, is one of the most detached, glass half full no matter what, things ive read. completely void of any reality. as though you havent been watching this team melt down the last month.

whats the fuss?

kinda like the captain of the titanic saying to his first mate...

listen.... whats the fuss ? shes still the biggest ship in the world....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
omg. that again, is one of the most detached, glass half full no matter what, things ive read. completely void of any reality. as though you havent been watching this team melt down the last month.

whats the fuss?

Although I wouldn't compare the Rangers right now to the sinking of the Titanic, I'd still say last night's loss was really alarming. Alarming enough where a few changes may have to be made.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
You know I am one of the most cynical people here, and how negative I usually am, but after last night's game, I am not going off the deep end. This was a learning experience, the next time we meet I think they will be alright. Last season we took 3 outta 4 from them, some new faces this year but overall I am not scared of this Montreal team. The reason is their power play, clearly it's not the same as years past and that is why I think we can beat them in the playoffs. Take away a terrible first period and the rest of the game was practically even on the scoreboard regardless of the shot differential. I must be crazy or it's the Christmas sales getting to my head.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Chimp

Lundqvist and Mara interviews can be found here.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:38 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
You know I am one of the most cynical people here, and how negative I usually am, but after last night's game, I am not going off the deep end. This was a learning experience, the next time we meet I think they will be alright. Last season we took 3 outta 4 from them, some new faces this year but overall I am not scared of this Montreal team. The reason is their power play, clearly it's not the same as years past and that is why I think we can beat them in the playoffs. Take away a terrible first period and the rest of the game was practically even on the scoreboard regardless of the shot differential. I must be crazy or it's the Christmas sales getting to my head.
we (Habs) scored SIX E.S. goals last night...

but just so you know, so far this season we're on pace for as many goals as last year (finished 1st) while our PP is one of the worst PP in the league (24th compared to 1st last season)...

Have all the rights not to be scared of the Habs, but the main reason being the PP ? huh, yeah...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

whats the fuss?

Well, I also watched them take it to the Penguins two nights ago for much of the game...and yes, while Pittsburgh was a little short-handed, their two main parts were in the game. And we played very well.

I will admit I felt a little bump last night, and I'm hoping we didn't hit anything...just some engine trouble that can be fixed. Last night's game only counted as one loss in the standings. Don't forget, we had an emotional game the night before, while Montreal was sitting at home watching. These things will happen.

When you have Henrik in goal, you always have a good chance to win. He can't do it every night, but he's proven he can do it often enough to get you into the playoffs.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
frozenH20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Poor Lundqvist... that's all. I didn't watch the game last night, but how was Prucha's fight?

Prucha gave Lapierre a clean hit and skated away. Lapierre followed Prucha, dropped his gloves, and started to grapple. I think Lapierre was surprised when Prucha not only fought back, but landed a couple a punches. After two punches thrown / landed by Prucha to none by Lapierre, Lapierre ends it by picking and tackling Prucha down.

Prucha has the body of a lightweight, but the heart of lion. In the last two games, he notably hit Hal Gill on his first shift, nailed Crosby, and was one few that had the balls to not go down without a fight in this one.

frozenH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:23 PM
HoliksGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
18-9-2 with 7 shootout wins. Without Shootouts, 11-10 (I included the 1 OTL), yikes.

Since November started, they've only won 3 games without going to the shootout. 16 games and only 3 real wins, lol
That's what I'm talking about... not just with the Rangers but overall the shootout really skewed things.

HoliksGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoliksGhost View Post
That's what I'm talking about... not just with the Rangers but overall the shootout really skewed things.
I don't understand why this argument keeps coming up. Did someone stick me in a time machine and, all of sudden, it's 2003 again? Last time I checked, shootout wins DO count. Earning points in this fashion is almost a signature of post-lockout Ranger hockey and arguably put them in the playoffs 3 straight years. Who's *****ing about that?

Oh, they got their wins against ****** opponents. Oh, they got their wins in the shootout? Who cares? If you have an opinion or comment about the way they're playing, then say that. The scoring system is the same for everyone.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Prucha vs Lapierre;

First Zherdev and now Prucha.. awesome!

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Prucha vs Lapierre;

Haha did you see Renney's face? Like, no way, Pru fights too?

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

Quote:
Prucha vs Lapierre;

I don't know about you guys, but if I was on the Rangers bench and saw one of the team's smallest player's fight a guy because his heart is in the game, I would've came out flying the next shift. It would really get me going. I guess NHLers don't find that as a spark, because nobody came out hard after that. If the whole team had the heart and effort Pru has, we wouldn't have to worry about coming out flat and giving up early ones, we would get on top and maintain the lead in games. No blowouts like this past game.

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
HoliksGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I don't understand why this argument keeps coming up. Did someone stick me in a time machine and, all of sudden, it's 2003 again? Last time I checked, shootout wins DO count. Earning points in this fashion is almost a signature of post-lockout Ranger hockey and arguably put them in the playoffs 3 straight years. Who's *****ing about that?

Oh, they got their wins against ****** opponents. Oh, they got their wins in the shootout? Who cares? If you have an opinion or comment about the way they're playing, then say that. The scoring system is the same for everyone.
You missed my point.

If a large portion of a teams wins are coming from shootout victories - your team has a problem. You are not finishing off opponents in regulation or OT, seems like a simple concept to me. I don't give a crap about the point system.

HoliksGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:45 AM
PTmbp13

so...who are responsible for palying defense on NYR. Wonder because the defensemen sure are not playing defense together. This game were awful watching. i would pulled myself from the net ater three. no goal was bad of Henrik. last one maybe.

What IS HAPPENING?

Whos does not suck on defense in New York Rangers?

Last edited by PTmbp13: 12-06-2008 at 02:02 AM.
PTmbp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Thefalkon

Quote:
You missed my point.

If a large portion of a teams wins are coming from shootout victories - your team has a problem. You are not finishing off opponents in regulation or OT, seems like a simple concept to me. I don't give a crap about the point system.
He is right about that.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
You missed my point.

I don't give a crap about the point system either. But I do know shootout wins count in the regular season. And thanks to our goalie, we seem to be getting a lot of them right now.

Shootout wins can get you into the playoffs, and in the playoffs that same goalie can get hot and take his team very far.

That's my point.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote