HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think about this lineup

Old
12-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Cenzo_

vCash: 500
What do you think about this lineup

3 wins in a row, habs are playing good effort games! I think that Carbo has found some good duos. The lines will probably stay the same for the next few games but it's realistic to think that carbo will eventually make some changes.

What are your thought about this lineup

Andrei Saku Dago
Higgins Pleky Tanguay
Sergei/Lats Lang Kovy
Begin Laps Kosto

Andrei and saku are looking good, love em! And Dago is just playing great, shoing he's quick, can score and protect the puck.
Higgins pleky and tanguay would look sick, higgins can grind and play hard on the boards, tanguay can set up some greats plays and pleky can finish em!! do it carbo
Sergei/Lats lang and Kovy would look nice to, sergei or lats would have to work hard in the corners.

Exciting times !!

Last edited by Cenzo_: 12-05-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Cenzo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Habinger

To be honest I'm pretty happy with the lines Carbo is using right now. I'd like to see SK get a chance to redeem himself but other than that it's all good.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Dripper

I really, really think the lines should be:

A.Kost - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Tanguay - Plekanec - Kostopoulos
Bégin - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Brisebois
Bouillon - Dandenault

Price

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habinger View Post
To be honest I'm pretty happy with the lines Carbo is using right now. I'd like to see SK get a chance to redeem himself but other than that it's all good.
I agree but i think that Kosto doesn't belong in a onfensive line, he play hard but is just limited with offensive talent

Old
12-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
I agree but i think that Kosto doesn't belong in a onfensive line, he play hard but is just limited with offensive talent
He was awesome last night and created a bunch of offense, probably his best offensive game of the season. Seems like a weird time to call him out on it.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
3 wins in a row, habs are playing good effort games! I think that Carbo has found some good duos. So my questions is what are the lines you would like to see in the next few games.

For me it's:

Andrei Saku Dago
Higgins Pleky Tanguay
Sergei/Lats Lang Kovy
Begin Laps Kosto

Andrei and saku are looking good, love em! And Dago is just playing great, shoing he's quick, can score and protect the puck.
Higgins pleky and tanguay would look sick, higgins can grind and play hard on the boards, tanguay can set up some greats plays and pleky can finish em!! do it carbo
Sergei/Lats lang and Kovy would look nice to, sergei or lats would have to work hard in the corners.

Exciting times !!
If it's not broken, no need to fix it.

The Habs line up needs stability for once and for a while. Unless gainey trades a forward or two for a top d-man, or if no injuries occured, we won't see Lats nor S.Kost nor O'Byrne in a near future.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:33 AM
7th Player

I want the same lines that are there now!!

I love the work and hustling that kostopoulos has been doing. He belongs there, creating speed and space for pleks and tanguay!

I cant give enough praise for the koivu line, they are on fire right now!

Kovy will eventually get it going

The fourth line is doing very well, forecheking and creating offence!

Dandeneault has been doing a GREAT job on defence! Hes really turned his game around!

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
He was awesome last night and created a bunch of offense, probably his best offensive game of the season. Seems like a weird time to call him out on it.
Yeah your right

Will edit my thread to the next lines change that carbo should if needed

Old
12-05-2008, 11:58 AM
la25ecoupe

Can we have 5 lines?

AK46 - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Plek - Tanguay
Kostopoulos - Lang - Kovalev
Pacioretti - Chipchura - SK74
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Bouillon - Dandenaul

Price
Halak

23 players.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

I think they invented Sega hockey to do these kinds of speculative exercises. The next line changes I'd like to see are none, because it will mean that none were necessary, and we are winning.

Did not occur to you Cenzo_ that should the time come that we need to change lines it may be because the guys you like *now* are slumping or hurt? It's foolish to try and predict just who will be playing well if and when the rest of the team goes back to their lazy habits. A big "what if" would suffice.

No one from last night is playing themselves out of the lineup right now - instead there's competition. The fourth line is clicking but one would think eventually Kostopoulos ought to end up there. Maybe he never does. Higgins, S.Kost and Latendresse may just be playing for exactly the same spot. Right know neither Siberia Serj nor the Phat Kid has outplayed CH or TK.

Even Dandenault is pushing kids out of the lineup on D for pete's sake. This is awesome, because competition is the only good motivator on a top team.

The only actual change I'd *like* is for Hossa or Eric Staal to be added to the lineup, and you can get rid of anyone but Koivu, thanks.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
3 wins in a row, habs are playing good effort games! I think that Carbo has found some good duos. So my questions is what are the lines you would like to see when carbo will find the need to change the lineup.

For me it's:.

Andrei Saku Dago
Higgins Pleky Tanguay
Sergei/Lats Lang Kovy
Begin Laps Kosto

Exciting times !!
I think AKost is better on RW than as a LW... but if he stays on LW please keep him a way from Kovy. The only guys that should be put with Kovy are Lang and Lats. Kovy never involves his linemates anyway so this way he can do all the skating for those two and then give the puck away in the O zone like he does every game....LOL

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
I think they invented Sega hockey to do these kinds of speculative exercises. The next line changes I'd like to see are none, because it will mean that none were necessary, and we are winning.

Did not occur to you Cenzo_ that should the time come that we need to change lines it may be because the guys you like *now* are slumping or hurt? It's foolish to try and predict just who will be playing well if and when the rest of the team goes back to their lazy habits. A big "what if" would suffice.

No one from last night is playing themselves out of the lineup right now - instead there's competition. The fourth line is clicking but one would think eventually Kostopoulos ought to end up there. Maybe he never does. Higgins, S.Kost and Latendresse may just be playing for exactly the same spot. Right know neither Siberia Serj nor the Phat Kid has outplayed CH or TK.

Even Dandenault is pushing kids out of the lineup on D for pete's sake. This is awesome, because competition is the only good motivator on a top team.

The only actual change I'd *like* is for Hossa or Eric Staal to be added to the lineup, and you can get rid of anyone but Koivu, thanks.

I just mentioned this on another thread... I think it might be the perfect time to try acquire Staal. He seems to have slumped and perhaps Carolina needs to make some changes. I would trade Pleks+ for him

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Can we have 5 lines?

AK46 - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Plek - Tanguay
Kostopoulos - Lang - Kovalev
Pacioretti - Chipchura - SK74

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - Komisarek
Bouillon - Dandenaul

Price
Halak

23 players.
Lats not even a top 15 forward

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
la25ecoupe

I think the final lines would be:

AK46 - Koivu - SK74
Higgins - Plek - Tanguay
D'Agos - Lang - Kovalev
Lats - Chipchura - Kostopoulos

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Cenzo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post

It did occur that line change means bad performance or injuries, but I think it is pretty realistic that there will eventually be other line change.

And i just wanted to present a line up and see what you guys thought about it. I guess my question was not well formulated

Old
12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Darz

Sergei Kostitsyn 23gms 3goals 6assits 9points
Guillaume Latendresse20gms 2goals 6assits 8points
Tom Kostopoulos 21gms 2goals 4assits 6points\

...until S.K. or Lats PROVES they are more valuable to the lineup than Kostop, T.K. is in, and someone else is out!

Last edited by Darz: 12-05-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:31 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
3 wins in a row, habs are playing good effort games! I think that Carbo has found some good duos. The lines will probably stay the same for the next few games but it's realistic to think that carbo will eventually make some changes.

What are your thought about this lineup

Andrei Saku Dago
Higgins Pleky Tanguay
Sergei/Lats Lang Kovy
Begin Laps Kosto

Exciting times !!
Switch Tanguay and AKost and those are the lines I would like to see!

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
It did occur that line change means bad performance or injuries, but I think it is pretty realistic that there will eventually be other line change.

And i just wanted to present a line up and see what you guys thought about it. I guess my question was not well formulated
Gotcha, no offense meant. Your lineup's not bad at all, we'll see who's "bringing it" when the deck get shuffled again. I'd be able to say more but, you're just gonna have to get off the fence and decide which one of Lats and S.Kost you'd put on line 3.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Switch Tanguay and AKost and those are the lines I would like to see!
Yes break up the Andrei-Saku-D'Ago line. Right

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Yes break up the Andrei-Saku-D'Ago line. Right
Why not?

Even the GAG line - Jean Ratelle, Rod Gilbert and Vic Hadfield - has been broken up!

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:02 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
indeed ...

the lines are well balanced and its true , that carbo formed 3 duos .... which are working so far...

let the lines be the way they are now for a couple of game... like I said when the lines where annouced the 1rst time ; we can be surprised ... and .. even more than we are now ... IMO .

no room on the 4th line for lats and s.kos ... they are the best offensive line as of late ... sad but true ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:04 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

...until S.K. or Lats PROVES they are more valuable to the lineup than Kostop, T.K. is in, and someone else is out!
good post.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:14 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

Exactly..

I like Higgins with Lang and Kovy, Higgins bring a balance on this line..

I think Latendresse could complement very well the Pleks Tanguay line but he has to work harder and be more consistent to earn that spot..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Lucius

Quote:
He a warrior on the PK and for this reason needs to remain in the lineup. I also think Laraque needs to remain.

To me, that means that long term, Begin is going to be the odd man out. It's a shame, but I really believe Laraque is necessary and useful. Begin and Kosto are both warriors, but Kosto is a better warrior.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:16 AM
le_sean

Quote:

Kostopoulos is doing exactly what that line needs. He goes right to the front of the net, hits, creates space for his linemates. You know he'll give 110% each and every game, which is more than you can say for those players scratched, though they are young and talented.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote