PIM David Backes 73
Plus/Minus Patrik Berglund 9
PP Goals Keith Tkachuk 8
SH Goals Andy McDonald 1

@

Scottrade Center

NHL Preview

Quote:
Lost in the furor over Sean Avery's pre-game comments Tuesday about Calgary defenseman Dion Phaneuf and his girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, was a 3-1 loss to Dallas that ended the Flames' three-game win streak.
Quote:
It was just Calgary's third loss in its last nine games.
Quote:
Moss has six goals, but three have come in the past four games, and he has a two-game goal streak heading into Friday's game. Moss has a goal and an assist in three lifetime games against St. Louis.
Quote:
Flames goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff played well in the loss, allowing two goals or fewer for the fifth time in his last seven starts, and enters this game 10-0-1 with a 1.97 goals-against average in his last 11 starts against the Blues.
Analysis

Keep playing hard boys; Turco ain't here tonight. Our top line needs to get going and Phaneuf needs to get his head out of his ass. We've lost a few times since the San Jose game but at least we played solid defensively. Kipper needs to continue playing well; consistency starts with him. Let's go out and get the job done tonight.

Injuries

A crap load of injuries for the Blues. McDonald, Oshie, Kariya, Hinote, and Johnson are all on the IR.

Boyd and Aucoin are questionable for tonight.

GO FLAMES GO

Old
12-05-2008, 10:12 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Boyd and Aucoin are questionable for tonight.

Aucoin is expected to play tonight, as per Peter Maher.

Go Flames!

Old
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
DownInFlames

Big game tonight I a stoked for 5 when I get off work. Big game for the Flames. I hope Mikka worked on his rebound control a little this week as both Dallas goals were off of big juicy rebounds. Hopefully we see the Mikka who smothers the puck and the defense help him out if there is a rebound by clearing the front of the net.

5 can't come soon enough.

Flames win 4-1

Old
12-05-2008, 01:19 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
With no callup announced have to think Aucoin is good to go for the game. Would be nice to see Boyd get back in the lineup.

Hopefully the boys can get off to a good start on this roadtrip. Blues team has some key injuries and we need to capitalize and get on them early.

Go Flames Go

Old
12-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Body Checker

Flames win 6-4. Iginla has two goal, two assist effort.

Old
12-05-2008, 02:19 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
The mighty Oshie returns to the Blues lineup tonight according to beat writer Jeremy Rutherford and all is again right in the universe.

Old
12-05-2008, 03:48 PM
fandangler*

Is Kipper playing

Old
12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandangler View Post
Is Kipper playing
Kipper is getting the start tonight.

Also Boyd is out.

Old
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Luongo4VP

Glad to see T.J Oshie's back.

I think the Blues win this one, maybe it's just me, but one bad loss against against a bad team, has always seemed to ruin the Flames' momentum.

Old
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luongo4VP View Post
Glad to see T.J Oshie's back.

I think the Blues win this one, maybe it's just me, but one bad loss against against a bad team, has always seemed to ruin the Flames' momentum.
Considering Turco had to stand on his head for Dallas to win, I fail to see how it was a "bad" loss.

I expect the Flames to steam roll the Blues tonight 5-1.

Old
12-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Holy crap, that was a good (and long) fight between Prust and Janssen.

Old
12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Lazy. The word for that period. The Flames simply weren't in the game that period. Prust certainly tried to get his team into it emotionally, but to no avail. Bad passes, not skating, and a complete lack of commitment on the puck and the Flames find themselves behind, yet again. This team is looking more like the Flames of October, and not the Flames of the past 7 games. If they want success they simply must return to the energetic play and strong forecheck of those aforementioned games.

The penalty kill was flawless the first time, and completely taken advantage of the second time that period. The first pk was what we are used to seeing. Solid puck presence, blocked shots and aggressive play in the offensive zone. The second PK was all Blues all the time. The Flames simply didn't get into the shooting lanes, and didn't pressure the puck carrier at all.

I'm going to call out a couple players. First off Dion. Seriously buddy, get it together! You can and must play better than this. Lazy penalties like that will not endear you to anyone. Miikka, I have told you before and I'll tell you again. Rebound control is key. That first goal is your fault. Not totally as Mr Iginla should have actually cleared, but you send that rebound out to the boards instead of right onto the Blues player's stick, and well that goal never happened.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 12-05-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Not happy with the first period. We had better come out flying in the second.

Old
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Jesus!! Dion heard me and made a gorgeous play to set up the rebound for Bourque!! Yay Rene!! Yer scoring again!! Now do it again and again and again!

Old
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
jeremywilhelm

pleh, some bunk reffing, and some pretty lucky bounces for the blues are making the flames look pretty stupid...

Old
12-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

A much improved period in some respects. The Flames showed alot more jump, and emotion. They played the neutral zone very solidly and the forecheck was amazing and resulted in a goal. On the downside the Flames got mauled by penalty trouble that period. To be fair to the Flames though, I personally felt the officiating to be a tad one sided that frame. I also tend to agree with Dion, that both of those trips should have been called. And yes Miikka I would have called that interference on Perron too.

The PK unit was so-so. They played suitably, but not amazingly. A few lucky bounces are the only reason this game is as close as it is as Mikka could have gotten burned a few more times. And the score is no where near indicative of Miikka's skill as two of those goals he had no chance at what so ever. It was very nice to see everyone blocking shots as much as possible, but the PK unit needs to get back to the aggressive, smart stick play they used to go 19 straight.

The powerplay again showed us a few moments of sheer brilliance, and no goals. I have no idea why they can't seem to find the back of the net, as they seem to be doing everything right. Shots on net, quick tape to tape passes and solid puck possession, but no goals. The Flames are certainly making Mason look much better than he actually is.

I know I have moaned and whined on this, but for the love of Stanley's Mug, come on refs. Just a touch of consistency, not only game to game, but period to period. Is that really so much to ask? Is it not still tripping in the second the same as it is in the first? Is not a hit 4 second after the puck left the player still interference? I tend to believe so. And I also hope Prust is ok, having left after that mid ice elbow, that was predictably uncalled.

Old
12-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Iggy!!!

Moss!!!

Pp Goals!!!!

Tie Game!!

Old
12-05-2008, 09:41 PM
ILUVTHISGAME

Cammy with the game winner!!

Old
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
The Gaud Father

Flames win!

Cammy in OT!!

Let me just say, this team is halarious. First, it was on the face off left from Kipper. Glencross gets kicked out and Connie comes in. Aucoin was on the left side of the face-off circle and moves in front of Kipper just incase. I found that halarious lol. Then it was Prust losing a bet against Cammy at the end of Ot and he was giving Cammy the money lol, then Iggy just pushes him out of the way. I love this teams chemistry on and off the ice.

Anyways, a good comeback win and we played about 40 minutes of the game and it was good enough for the win.

Old
12-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Noori

Cammy, yeah!

Closed Thread