HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltender Interference on Hank

Old
12-05-2008, 01:16 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Goaltender Interference on Hank

We haven't seen it called multiple times during the past 6-8 games despite it being clear as day.

On a few occasions its lead to goals like last night...

Is it a reputation thing? Is it because Lundqvist doesn't embellish it enough or Renney doesnt get on the referees back?

Henrik plays deep in the net and hes not even out above the crease like when most goalies get the call. Anyway you cut it, it has to stop or be called. Especially when players are bowling over Henrik. The very last thing this team needs is Hank on the shelf. If this happens again i'd like to see a little reciprocation if you know what I mean.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I think its a combination of the fact that Lundqvist plays deep in his net and that he refuses to blatantly flop on the ice when he is touched.

It can be hard for a ref to make a goalie interference call when the goaltender is buried halfway inside the net and there is already a ton of traffic around him. It's a lot easier for refs to make the call when a goaltender is at the top of his crease and an opposing player just crashes into him on the fly.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:47 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I think its a combination of the fact that Lundqvist plays deep in his net and that he refuses to blatantly flop on the ice when he is touched.

It can be hard for a ref to make a goalie interference call when the goaltender is buried halfway inside the net and there is already a ton of traffic around him. It's a lot easier for refs to make the call when a goaltender is at the top of his crease and an opposing player just crashes into him on the fly.
Yeah but that defies what the rule is there to protect. The right for the goaltender to be able to make a move to stop a shot. If hes deep in the crease like last night and a player is on top of him, kicking him, and making it difficult for him to make a move to stop the next shot, that totally constitutes goaltender interference.

We've seen so many goaltender interference calls go against the Rangers the last few years where the goalie is outside the top of the crease. Thats when it should be a non-call not the other way around...

I dont mind the Ludqvist doesnt embellish, he plays the game right.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Shake and Bake

It's like how Jagr didn't get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of penalty calls because he refused to dive...Henrik doesn't flop like goalies such as Martina Brodiver, so he doesn't get the calls...it is ******** though

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:40 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Until the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
It's like how Jagr didn't get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of penalty calls because he refused to dive...Henrik doesn't flop like goalies such as Martina Brodiver, so he doesn't get the calls...it is ******** though

Jagr got the calls in the playoffs though. But then again, it was the playoffs.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
hlundqvist30*

If he flopped he'd get calls. That simple. I'm not advising him to by any means, but that's the reality of it. It's unfortunate that it comes to that.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'd rather him concentrate on stopping the puck, which he has.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
ogie

Quote:

i think the inverse should be the case. if the goalie is at the top of the crease and gets bumped it is more likely to be incidental in nature. but if you bump a goalie deep in the crease it should be an obvious case of interference. but this is the New Nhl....where nothing makes sense. I'm going to chalk this up to bias by north american refs toward a european goalies. i wonder if i could find a list of all the goalie interference penalties called to bolster my theory with hard numbers.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 07:03 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
Jagr got the calls in the playoffs though. But then again, it was the playoffs.
yea but that was because he was so unstoppable in the playoffs that the penalties were so blatant.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote