HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Inside Hockey Radio Show December 6 & Murphy's Law: "Weighing In On Avery"

Old
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Inside Hockey Radio Show December 6 & Murphy's Law: "Weighing In On Avery"

That is why, despite Avery being wrong for his comments, Bettman is under fire from many fans and some media. A part of me agrees with that criticism. By no way am I condoning Avery’s actions and I do think he should be fined. But let Avery’s actions and acts like the above pay the price on the ice. If you’re going to allow “Ice Girls” and use sex appeal to sell the game then don’t take some moral high ground and suspend a player for a sexual connotation! Let him face the consequences on the ice.

Do I want violence to dominate hockey? No, but trust me if the NHL let justice take it’s course for once, there would be more people in the stands and as I pointed out before, less Avery’s! There would also be less headshots and cheap shots, which is really the issue the NHL should keep focusing on. Avery may actually get what he deserves by being released from the Stars team, treated like a pariah and hopefully not given another chance in the NHL for a while.

http://insidehockey.com/blog/avery_coward

Tune in this Saturday for the Inside Hockey Radio Show, 2-4 PM on "NHL Home Ice" XM 204 and Sirius 208, The Team 990 in Montreal, and 1120 AM WBNW in Boston. You can also listen online at Team990.com or MoneyMattersRadio.net. Join hosts James Murphy and Todd Carroll as they take you inside the NHL, AHL, NCAA, CHL, and all things hockey!

This week we get Inside Hockey with Andrew Ference (Boston Bruins); Tracey Myers (Fort Worth Star-Telegram); Greg Wyshynski (Editor of "Puck Daddy" blog on Yahoo Sports!), Patrick King (Rogers Sportsnet), Steve Pleau (Edmonton Oil Kings) and Conor McKenna (Team 990).

So if you want to GET INSIDE HOCKEY, then tune in this and every Saturday to the Inside Hockey Radio Show, 2-4 PM on "NHL Home Ice" (XM 204), The Team 990 in Montreal, and 1120 AM WBNW in Boston. You can also listen online at Team990.com or MoneyMattersRadio.net. Also you can find the MP3's for every show at insidehockey.com/radio and Team990.com.

http://insidehockey.com/columns/2483

Have a great weekend!

Slainte,

Murph

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
emb24*

hey murph why r u always stirring shiite about habs on B's board?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

I like to stir the pot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
hey murph why r u always stirring shiite about habs on B's board?
Here and the B's boards about them and Habs! Love the rivalry and can't get enough!

Old
12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
mcphee

Murph, why not be the 1st to handle Avery properly. His goal is to be a topic, therefore, drop him, mention off the top that he isn't worth your valubale time and move on. I see him talking about how he hates the guys on TSN, then watch the morons chase him with a mic. Deny him what he craves, Murph.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Funny you say that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Murph, why not be the 1st to handle Avery properly. His goal is to be a topic, therefore, drop him, mention off the top that he isn't worth your valubale time and move on. I see him talking about how he hates the guys on TSN, then watch the morons chase him with a mic. Deny him what he craves, Murph.
I wanted to do that, but was asked by editor to chime in. Of course I had a lot of thoughts on it, since I know someone who was wronged by Avery and he got me going.

I agree though, that would be a unique and the perfect approach. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's possible. I've already got guests for the show sending me their thoughts on the topic, so it will be hard. Maybe, just reference him and not say his name at least? But what do we call him instead?

Vogue? Fashionista?

Old
12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
I wanted to do that, but was asked by editor to chime in. Of course I had a lot of thoughts on it, since I know someone who was wronged by Avery and he got me going.

I agree though, that would be a unique and the perfect approach. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's possible. I've already got guests for the show sending me their thoughts on the topic, so it will be hard. Maybe, just reference him and not say his name at least? But what do we call him instead?

Vogue? Fashionista?
In keeping somewhat with his theme, how about 'secondhand' Sean?

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Ill be tuning in this week!!

I havent had the chance to do so in over a month.
i look forward to hearing what you've got to say.

EDIT: so much for that, its not on team990 today. Its the Habs this week thats on.

Last edited by Galchenyuk x 27: 12-06-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:44 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

www.moneymattersradio.net

insidehockey.com for MP3's by Monday

Old
12-07-2008, 01:31 PM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

MP3 clips up...

http://insidehockey.com/columns/2503

Old
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Not going to lie, I laughed pretty loudly when I heard his comment.

Disgusting, but kind of funny.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote