HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RDS has sunk to a new low...

Old
12-04-2008, 11:24 AM
AlexCvm

vCash: 500
You guys are hilarious. You complain about every single one analyst / play-by-play / host from the RDS network, yet, probably none of you could replace them...

When you talk about the lowest denominator and yet admit you watch the show, YOU ARE part of the lowest denominator...think about it.

As for Gaston Therrien, how do you know that the Kostitsyn agent never threatened the Habs? You're a journalist? You're in the locker room? No? That's what I thought...

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
You guys are hilarious. You complain about every single one analyst / play-by-play / host from the RDS network, yet, probably none of you could replace them...

When you talk about the lowest denominator and yet admit you watch the show, YOU ARE part of the lowest denominator...think about it.

As for Gaston Therrien, how do you know that the Kostitsyn agent never threatened the Habs? You're a journalist? You're in the locker room? No? That's what I thought...
So I guess you've never complained about a player 'cause you can't replace him? And how are those guys able to complain about the coaches, the players and the GM's? Would they be able to replace them? Any reason why Therrien never got a coaching job back?

As far as being part of the lowest denominator, well sports is freakin everywhere, so to not be part of it, you'll need to watch the Animal Planet station or something like that....Besides, you can be able to watch a show who has some interesting guys in it even though there are others who might not be that interesting....

And as for Therrien.....do you think he is going in the locker room? Have you? And if you have had the "pleasure" to watch the latest draft on RIS with that clown, you would have known at what point he is just that.....a xenophobe clown. Every freakin draft pick was criticized 'cause it wasn't a quebecer and even if he admitted at each freakin pick that he had no idea who that pick was. And did Therrien said that the agent threatened the Habs? No, instead he decided to say it AS IF that's what they were doing. He never stated a fact but decided to make it belief that what he thought was the reality. Surely didn't have the balls to state that it was a fact 'cause in reality it wasn't.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Haddock

Not to argue with the draft thing, I just wanted to mention that RDS draft covergae of 2007 was the one you're talking about. Esposito's year. It was godamn awful. This year's coverage was a lot better.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:03 PM
AlexCvm

Complaints are good, but a lot of people are complaining over and over about everyone at RDS. Pedneault wasn't good, Brunet neither... Houde isn't good etc etc etc. Get over it.

As for the Kostitsyn comment, it was first reported in La Presse or le Journal de Montréal (that the agent threatened...).

I agree with you for the lowest denominator. People are bashing RDS because they try to reach a large public...like every freaking channel!

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Mother Pucker

Gaston Therrien is a blend of poor hockey analysis and xenophia. How morons like him get jobs is appaling and just shows there's something wrong with our media or people that listen to them. I mean, put any retard and make him talk about hockey in the radio or on tv, and people will start listening to it and most of the time believe what they say.
I don't think I have ever, ever heard anything Therrien said that makes him a better hockey analyst than the average viewer. I believe many posters here could do a better job than him.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Complaints are good, but a lot of people are complaining over and over about everyone at RDS. Pedneault wasn't good, Brunet neither... Houde isn't good etc etc etc. Get over it.

As for the Kostitsyn comment, it was first reported in La Presse or le Journal de Montréal (that the agent threatened...).

I agree with you for the lowest denominator. People are bashing RDS because they try to reach a large public...like every freaking channel!
Maybe it's because they hire morons?

And not everyone at RDS are being bashed; the ones who actually know hockey and give insighful comments like Joel Bouchard or even Demers and Brunet at times ar far less talked about than their franchise idiots like Le Baron or Gaston Therrien. Those guys really make me miss Pedneault, who hurled tons of meaningless statistics at us (like how many times we won on a friday since 1962...), but at least his comments were harmless and devoid of racist content.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

RDS really is awful. There are too many hockey "personalities" in Montreal. Anybody willing to talk about hockey can get a job as an RDS, 110% or whatever type job.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 02:14 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
Anyone wanna grab their pitch forks and mob/raid the station? I got my torch
lol i wouldn`t go there with pitchforks, but i would love to go to the station and punch out Benoit Brunet and Therrien, the 2 biggest morons that ever went on the air. Not to mention Morissette and Bergeron, another 2 clowns. I know its sinking to the lowest common denominator but it would please me so much to tell them they re full of s***, personally to their face. Idealy id love to knock em out but im obviously more mature than that. So no pitchforks unfortunatly lol but it would be great to see hundreds off people in front of the RDS station protesting because its a disgrace the way they treat non-francophone players on this team. There is no place for racism in sports, especially towards your own team.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Corey

Who cares what the dolts say. They're demagogues who put their chauvinism ahead of hockey sense.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Saying that a Greek man is better suited to be a restaurant owner than a hockey player is pretty bad, to me (implying that all Greeks are restaurant owners).

It's like saying Latendresse is better suited to be a hick pig farmer (implying that all Quebecers are hicks and pig farmers).
Beaudry didn't even know Kosto was Greek. He was mad that the Habs were being beat up all the time and Kosto wasn't a good fighter.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Beaudry didn't even know Kosto was Greek.
Kostopoulos, if Beaudry doesn't that it is a Greek name, he's even more dumb than i thought.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote