HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

San Jose...22-3-1

Old
12-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
The Sharks are the Montreal Alouettes of the NHL...

'Nuff said

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 12:18 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Maybe they'll only lose 2 games the rest of the season.
Then when they lose 4 games in the playoffs, they'll still have the record having only lost 9 games in regular season + playoffs, beating the Habs.

That would be fitting, and funny.

12-06-2008, 09:28 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Maybe they'll only lose 2 games the rest of the season.
Then when they lose 4 games in the playoffs, they'll still have the record having only lost 9 games in regular season + playoffs, beating the Habs.

That would be fitting, and funny.
I seriously doubt they beat our regular season record to be honest.. Something will give.

Are they really THAT much better then the rest of the league like our team was at that time?

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:41 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I seriously doubt they beat our regular season record to be honest.. Something will give.

Are they really THAT much better then the rest of the league like our team was at that time?
No, they likely won't. As it stands they're on pace for just under 10 losses (like 9.8 when you extrapolate it out). I can't comment as to how good SJ is, but it seems like they're statistically dominant.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Philanthropist

Pretty good record.. for a shark.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Sharks may be a dominate team...but i doubt they win the cup if they have to play the bruins.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Krautso

They've only played 11 road games and are 8-3. The only playoff teams they've beaten on the road so far are Philly and Chicago (7-6 SO and 6-5 not convincing wins) and lost to ANA.

Great start but they have yet to enter into their tough part of the schedule. I have a prediction that FEB will be a tough month for them.

FEBRUARY OPPONENT TIME (ET)
Thu, Feb 5 Carolina 10:30 PM
Sat, Feb 7 @ Columbus 7:00 PM
Tue, Feb 10 @ Boston 7:00 PM
Wed, Feb 11 @ Pittsburgh 7:30 PM
Fri, Feb 13 @ Buffalo 7:30 PM
Sun, Feb 15 @ New Jersey 3:00 PM
Tue, Feb 17 Edmonton 10:30 PM
Thu, Feb 19 LA Kings 10:30 PM
Sat, Feb 21 Atlanta 4:00 PM
Mon, Feb 23 @ Dallas 8:00 PM
Wed, Feb 25 @ Detroit 7:30 PM
Thu, Feb 26 @ Ottawa 7:30 PM
Sat, Feb 28 @ Montreal 7:00 PM

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:10 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
They've only played 11 road games and are 8-3. The only playoff teams they've beaten on the road so far are Philly and Chicago (7-6 SO and 6-5 not convincing wins) and lost to ANA.

Great start but they have yet to enter into their tough part of the schedule. I have a prediction that FEB will be a tough month for them.

Thats why it's going to be a tough month for them.

Old
12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
TheCH*

Quote:

Don't be so foolish, their schedule doesn't take anything away from what they've accomplished(so far). To prove this, just look at the way our habs make the worst teams look so good. They have 100 goals for and 61 goals against. They have been the most dominant team in the league by far.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:33 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Don't be so foolish, their schedule doesn't take anything away from what they've accomplished(so far). To prove this, just look at the way our habs make the worst teams look so good. They have 100 goals for and 61 goals against. They have been the most dominant team in the league by far.
I'm still not sold on them.

Their schedule thus far has been of mediocre difficulty. Look at some of them teams that have handed them defeat? Pheonix? Nashville? FLORIDA?!

They've played Detroit once and beat them, so have we? We'll see how they do against them this month. They are 1-1 against Anaheim, They beat Philly in early October when Philly couldn't buy a game.. They barely beat the Pens..

They are good, but they are not the same caliber of team the 70s Montreal Canadiens were.

Old
12-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Go Habs Go

Maintaining this rate for the first quarter of the season is doable, maintaining it for a full 82 games is VERY hard. Will they beat the Habs record from the 70s? Everything is possible, is it probable? I don't think so.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
TheCH*

Quote:

Their schedule thus far has been of mediocre difficulty. Look at some of them teams that have handed them defeat? Pheonix? Nashville? FLORIDA?!

They've played Detroit once and beat them, so have we? We'll see how they do against them this month. They are 1-1 against Anaheim, They beat Philly in early October when Philly couldn't buy a game.. They barely beat the Pens..

They are good, but they are not the same caliber of team the 70s Montreal Canadiens were.
lol these attempts at trying to discredit their record is pretty lame. We have lost to piss poor teams as well, and barely beat piss poor teams. But so what? This is a league now where its not that much of a surprise for the worst team to beat the best team on a given night. I'd bet my house that they won't come near beating the 70's habs, but thats not the point here. The point is they have been very impressive so far.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Maybe you shouldn't be so foolish as to look at GF/GA & W/L records without reviewing their opponents and Home/Away (where they determine line matchups) statistics as well. Strength of schedule is a very important factor in analyzing a teams performance.

Do they have a good record? Hell yes. When looking at their schedule down the road are they likely to keep this pace up? Hell no, its a much more difficult schedule. More road games than home games and games against current playoff teams are on the horizon.

The fact that MTL has played down to their opponents on occasion has nothing to do with this. I'm not saying that MTL has played better than SJ so far this year, they obviously have not. What I am saying is that of the upper echelon playoff teams, SJ has had a relatively soft schedule which means it is likely that their record will come back to earth over the next few months of the season.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 12:13 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Maybe you shouldn't be so foolish as to look at GF/GA & W/L records without reviewing their opponents and Home/Away (where they determine line matchups) statistics as well. Strength of schedule is a very important factor in analyzing a teams performance.

Do they have a good record? Hell yes. When looking at their schedule down the road are they likely to keep this pace up? Hell no, its a much more difficult schedule. More road games than home games and games against current playoff teams are on the horizon.

The fact that MTL has played down to their opponents on occasion has nothing to do with this. I'm not saying that MTL has played better than SJ so far this year, they obviously have not. What I am saying is that of the upper echelon playoff teams, SJ has had a relatively soft schedule which means it is likely that their record will come back to earth over the next few months of the season.
Exactly what my point was as well.

I never said MTL was better, but SJ being "far and beyond" the best team in the NHL this year IMO is all smoke & mirrors. They are hot right now. Know who was hot in the first 20 games last year? The Sens.

Old
12-06-2008, 12:34 PM
ReVeuF

I wish Montreal would have a similar record, this really look like Sharks year in the NHL.

They will be favorite for the Cup but will they succeed ? Something tell me they won't...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

So..?
We didn't have such a difficult calendar so far either..

Like it's been discussed, I feel they're peeking early in the season, they will eventually go through harder times, but they have been playing amazing.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Ive seen about 10 of their game this year.
They really are a solid team all around.
However they have done this in the season before. Untill they can do it un the playoffs, I dont respect them.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 05:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So..?
We didn't have such a difficult calendar so far either..

Like it's been discussed, I feel they're peeking early in the season, they will eventually go through harder times, but they have been playing amazing.
Never said they weren't, never said WE we're better.

I don't think people putting them head and shoulders above the Wings is smart either.