HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Robert Lang

Old
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
At the trading deadline, if still playing well, Lang will get you a 1st rounder and maybe a little more.
No chance at that. Not anymore.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Where did you get that I want to trade him?

I actually don't want to trade him. I'd rather trade Kovalev, but that's unlikely to happen. What I am saying though is that if there is any slight chance that Sundin decides to sign with us, we'd have to clear cap space.

Lang has been excellent for us. I'm very happy with both his attitude and his play. But he might just be the logical choice to trade if the scenario I've described was to happen.

For the record, I'd be very happy to keep him all year.
Since it would be to clear cap space the return wouldn't be very high.. No one wants to help another team out and pay a huge price to do it at the same time, so you can forget about that 1st rounder+.. Maybe a team would offer a mid-late round pick for him..

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:44 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
We got a 1st rounder and a top-6 young defenseman for CRAIG RIVET. If someone loses a centre or a team like Pittsburgh wants the extra offensive punch, they'd give up a 1st for Lang.
Defensemen cost more then forwards.
In 2004 Boston got Nylander for a 2nd, and Gonchar for their top defensive prospect + 1st + 2nd.

IMO, Lang is worth a 2nd, maybe a 2nd + 3rd... But why would Montreal trade him? They are only a few points back of Boston...

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
Since it would be to clear cap space the return wouldn't be very high.. No one wants to help another team out and pay a huge price to do it at the same time, so you can forget about that 1st rounder+.. Maybe a team would offer a mid-late round pick for him..
That is if the team knows that though... what if the trade happened before the announcement?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote