HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The line AK46/SK11/MD36 simply wow!

Old
12-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
What in the bloody hell is that nickname?
I used to call Dagger as a nickname for Dagenais but never thought about it for D'Agostini.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:13 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Sadly, perfect Higgins has to be in there somehow, and if we have that line-up, one of Kosto, Bégin or Laraque has to stay in the stands, who?
"Sadly"?

"Sadly?"

It is SAD?? that Higgins is in the lineup ahead of non-productive Latendresse?

How often do your fellow Martians come out to look for you?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
"Sadly"?

"Sadly?"

It is SAD?? that Higgins is in the lineup ahead of non-productive Latendresse?

How often do your fellow Martians come out to look for you?
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is
3 straight 20 goal seasons say Hello.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Garnet

sam line

I like the name of the line, but I would like to see what their doing 20 games from now. These 2 games have been great but Im not willing to get to excited just yet.
I love how AK46 can control the offense on the line though. But I still believe he will be playing with his bro in the future.

Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
3 straight 20 goal seasons say Hello.
+1, but I'll admit that Higgins doesn't finish his check very often which is something that Guillaume does well by the way ( although he lacks the speed to get open-ice hits regularly). I do believe that Higgins doesn't check a lot because he doesn't want to be out of position.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Kriss E

For the record, it's MA36 not MD.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:27 PM
la25ecoupe

I'll call him MAD36

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Although Higgins has more goals (not to mention his 27 goal output) and creates more turnovers and also kills penalties? Besides, didn't d'Agostini look great with Koivu and AKost? Whom would you remove from Koivu's line just to find a place for Lats, the lowest goal scorer (except for Laraque) on the Habs? Maybe you thought Lats fit in beautifully with Lang and SK? Stop creating unrealistic scenarios. In this matter Carbonneau knows better than you.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Erika

Quote:
I like you more and more every day !!

Higgins should be the next in line to be thrown on the Press box. The guy has been terrible in past games where all the team have played great. The guy is a useless player as they come. He is by far one the most ineffective 25 goalscorer I've seen. My dream lines would be:

A.Kostitsyn - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Plekanec - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Although Higgins has more goals (not to mention his 27 goal output) and creates more turnovers and also kills penalties? Besides, didn't d'Agostini look great with Koivu and AKost? Whom would you remove from Koivu's line just to find a place for Lats, the lowest goal scorer (except for Laraque) on the Habs? Maybe you thought Lats fit in beautifully with Lang and SK? Stop creating unrealistic scenarios. In this matter Carbonneau knows better than you.
That i agree, he can sure create turnovers.....

Latendresse was doing just fine before he got seperated from Koivu and Tanguay. Lang and Kovalev need someone who's willing to finsh his checks and and serve as a wall in front of the goalie then a player like you described in Higgins. The only i notice nowandays with the Lang line is how is Higgins is NEVER in the plays unless Kovalev decides to play a dump and fetch game

Old
12-06-2008, 03:45 PM
habdynasty

Latendresse can sit in the press box untill he is traded, the free pass has expired

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:46 PM
mcphee

Quote:
That i agree, he can sure create turnovers.....

Latendresse was doing just fine before he got seperated from Koivu and Tanguay. Lang and Kovalev need someone who's willing to finsh his checks and and serve as a wall in front of the goalie then a player like you described in Higgins. The only i notice nowandays with the Lang line is how is Higgins is NEVER in the plays unless Kovalev decides to play a dump and fetch game
The guy had spells last year where when he wasn't scoring, he wasn't contributing. If you don't appreciate that he consistently does the dirty work in his own end, is easily the best on the team at taking away a d man's space and creating turnovers, which is a big thing, I question whether you understand the game or just love the latest hot prospect.

What the guy has a very hard time with is making hands plays, one time shots while moving thru the o zone. That'll most probably keep him from being a big point producer but if you don't appreciate what he brings well, there have been a lot of really solid players over the years that you would have missed out on.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I'll call him MAD36
Call him Dagger. It's bound to catch on. It sounds cool too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The guy had spells last year where when he wasn't scoring, he wasn't contributing. If you don't appreciate that he consistently does the dirty work in his own end, is easily the best on the team at taking away a d man's space and creating turnovers, which is a big thing, I question whether you understand the game or just love the latest hot prospect.

What the guy has a very hard time with is making hands plays, one time shots while moving thru the o zone. That'll most probably keep him from being a big point producer but if you don't appreciate what he brings well, there have been a lot of really solid players over the years that you would have missed out on.
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them, i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.

Old
12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
mcphee

Quote:
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them, i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.
There are different ways of contributing. You should never like or dislike a player based on what others say about him. I don't know anyone who thinks he's a great finisher or any of the other thnings that you mention.

If Latendresse could kill penalties and make the big play getting the puck out of his zone, wouldn't he play ahead of Kostopolous ? You have to bring something.

Old
12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I like you more and more every day !!

Higgins should be the next in line to be thrown on the Press box. The guy has been terrible in past games where all the team have played great. The guy is a useless player as they come. He is by far one the most ineffective 25 goalscorer I've seen. My dream lines would be:

A.Kostitsyn - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Plekanec - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Go... away... forever... please....

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For the record, it's MA36 not MD.
I disagree. That is like saying people(Scots/Irish) with prefixes such as Mc/Mac/O(meaning:Son of) before their family names should disregard these when abbreviating the name.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
Go... away... forever... please....
Well you know what to do, you have 2 options..........

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.
Wow! Slight credibility problem. The stats show that Higgins has the BEST ratio of takeways to giveaways on the team, and you just assert without any backup that "he gives as much turnovers as he is taking". You apparently need to gather facts before drawing any more conclusions......unless facts don't matter to you, in which case, never mind, just keep writing your prejudices on the Internet.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I disagree. That is like saying people(Scots/Irish) with prefixes such as Mc/Mac/O(meaning:Son of) before their family names should disregard these when abbreviating the name.
I just recently learned that these pre-fixes meant 'son of'. Funny how long you can live without knowing stuff.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
I just recently learned that these pre-fixes meant 'son of'. Funny how long you can live without knowing stuff.
Did you know that all of the Scots with "Mac" and "Mc" before their family names are originally of Irish decent? The Picts were the aboriginals of what was to become Scotland before they were absorbed by the Irish settlers to that land. Circa 7th/8th centuries AD.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Did you know that all of the Scots with "Mac" and "Mc" before their family names are originally of Irish decent? The Picts were the aboriginals of what was to become Scotland before they were absorbed by the Irish settlers to that land. Circa 7th/8th centuries AD.
I'll be sure to speak of that around here in my Scotland loving Ireland hating county, being Irish myself.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
I'll be sure to speak of that around here in my Scotland loving Ireland hating county, being Irish myself.
Also, the Picts were the original "Blue men" They used woad to paint themselves blue, hence the name Picts.