HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The line AK46/SK11/MD36 simply wow!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-06-2008, 12:53 AM
  #26
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
What in the bloody hell is that nickname?
I used to call Dagger as a nickname for Dagenais but never thought about it for D'Agostini.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:13 AM
  #27
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Sadly, perfect Higgins has to be in there somehow, and if we have that line-up, one of Kosto, Bégin or Laraque has to stay in the stands, who?
"Sadly"?

"Sadly?"

It is SAD?? that Higgins is in the lineup ahead of non-productive Latendresse?

How often do your fellow Martians come out to look for you?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:44 AM
  #28
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
"Sadly"?

"Sadly?"

It is SAD?? that Higgins is in the lineup ahead of non-productive Latendresse?

How often do your fellow Martians come out to look for you?
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
  #29
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is
3 straight 20 goal seasons say Hello.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:51 PM
  #30
Garnet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 780
vCash: 500
sam line

I like the name of the line, but I would like to see what their doing 20 games from now. These 2 games have been great but Im not willing to get to excited just yet.
I love how AK46 can control the offense on the line though. But I still believe he will be playing with his bro in the future.

Garnet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:02 PM
  #31
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
3 straight 20 goal seasons say Hello.
+1, but I'll admit that Higgins doesn't finish his check very often which is something that Guillaume does well by the way ( although he lacks the speed to get open-ice hits regularly). I do believe that Higgins doesn't check a lot because he doesn't want to be out of position.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:05 PM
  #32
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,621
vCash: 500
For the record, it's MA36 not MD.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:27 PM
  #33
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,595
vCash: 500
I'll call him MAD36

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 02:49 PM
  #34
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is
Although Higgins has more goals (not to mention his 27 goal output) and creates more turnovers and also kills penalties? Besides, didn't d'Agostini look great with Koivu and AKost? Whom would you remove from Koivu's line just to find a place for Lats, the lowest goal scorer (except for Laraque) on the Habs? Maybe you thought Lats fit in beautifully with Lang and SK? Stop creating unrealistic scenarios. In this matter Carbonneau knows better than you.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:05 PM
  #35
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes it is, there's no players since i watch hockey that had more free passes in a career that Higgins has had up to now, he's never involved offensively until someone takes a chance and he ends up losing the puck, you won't see me cry one tear if he's gone that's for sure. He's not effective at all playing with offensive forwards, it's been like that for 2 years now, you guys thought that Higgins was back after that ''break-out game'' where he had a hat trick. Higgins is as streaky as they come, and yes, i would much prefer Latendresse to Higgins, atleast he finishes his checks regularly and is able to create more space to Kovalev and Lang. And btw, Higgins is as non-productive as Latendresse is
I like you more and more every day !!

Higgins should be the next in line to be thrown on the Press box. The guy has been terrible in past games where all the team have played great. The guy is a useless player as they come. He is by far one the most ineffective 25 goalscorer I've seen. My dream lines would be:

A.Kostitsyn - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Plekanec - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos



Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
  #36
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Although Higgins has more goals (not to mention his 27 goal output) and creates more turnovers and also kills penalties? Besides, didn't d'Agostini look great with Koivu and AKost? Whom would you remove from Koivu's line just to find a place for Lats, the lowest goal scorer (except for Laraque) on the Habs? Maybe you thought Lats fit in beautifully with Lang and SK? Stop creating unrealistic scenarios. In this matter Carbonneau knows better than you.
That i agree, he can sure create turnovers.....

Latendresse was doing just fine before he got seperated from Koivu and Tanguay. Lang and Kovalev need someone who's willing to finsh his checks and and serve as a wall in front of the goalie then a player like you described in Higgins. The only i notice nowandays with the Lang line is how is Higgins is NEVER in the plays unless Kovalev decides to play a dump and fetch game

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:45 PM
  #37
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Latendresse can sit in the press box untill he is traded, the free pass has expired

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:46 PM
  #38
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That i agree, he can sure create turnovers.....

Latendresse was doing just fine before he got seperated from Koivu and Tanguay. Lang and Kovalev need someone who's willing to finsh his checks and and serve as a wall in front of the goalie then a player like you described in Higgins. The only i notice nowandays with the Lang line is how is Higgins is NEVER in the plays unless Kovalev decides to play a dump and fetch game
The guy had spells last year where when he wasn't scoring, he wasn't contributing. If you don't appreciate that he consistently does the dirty work in his own end, is easily the best on the team at taking away a d man's space and creating turnovers, which is a big thing, I question whether you understand the game or just love the latest hot prospect.

What the guy has a very hard time with is making hands plays, one time shots while moving thru the o zone. That'll most probably keep him from being a big point producer but if you don't appreciate what he brings well, there have been a lot of really solid players over the years that you would have missed out on.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
  #39
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
I'll call him MAD36
Call him Dagger. It's bound to catch on. It sounds cool too.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
  #40
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The guy had spells last year where when he wasn't scoring, he wasn't contributing. If you don't appreciate that he consistently does the dirty work in his own end, is easily the best on the team at taking away a d man's space and creating turnovers, which is a big thing, I question whether you understand the game or just love the latest hot prospect.

What the guy has a very hard time with is making hands plays, one time shots while moving thru the o zone. That'll most probably keep him from being a big point producer but if you don't appreciate what he brings well, there have been a lot of really solid players over the years that you would have missed out on.
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them, i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:02 PM
  #41
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them, i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.
There are different ways of contributing. You should never like or dislike a player based on what others say about him. I don't know anyone who thinks he's a great finisher or any of the other thnings that you mention.

If Latendresse could kill penalties and make the big play getting the puck out of his zone, wouldn't he play ahead of Kostopolous ? You have to bring something.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
  #42
Licou
Registered User
 
Licou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Longuh
Country:
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I like you more and more every day !!

Higgins should be the next in line to be thrown on the Press box. The guy has been terrible in past games where all the team have played great. The guy is a useless player as they come. He is by far one the most ineffective 25 goalscorer I've seen. My dream lines would be:

A.Kostitsyn - Koivu - S.Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Plekanec - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos


Go... away... forever... please....

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM
  #43
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For the record, it's MA36 not MD.
I disagree. That is like saying people(Scots/Irish) with prefixes such as Mc/Mac/O(meaning:Son of) before their family names should disregard these when abbreviating the name.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:31 PM
  #44
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,579
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licou View Post
Go... away... forever... please....
Well you know what to do, you have 2 options..........

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
  #45
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
right now he gives as much turnovers as he is taking them i agree that Higgins is very effective defensively What i can't stand anymore is how he is pushed as the next great finisher, the player with unlimited offensive opportunities, especially on the powerplay, when he either's not there yet or will never be. There's no reason why he shoudn't have pressbox time while he's not contributing.
Wow! Slight credibility problem. The stats show that Higgins has the BEST ratio of takeways to giveaways on the team, and you just assert without any backup that "he gives as much turnovers as he is taking". You apparently need to gather facts before drawing any more conclusions......unless facts don't matter to you, in which case, never mind, just keep writing your prejudices on the Internet.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
  #46
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I disagree. That is like saying people(Scots/Irish) with prefixes such as Mc/Mac/O(meaning:Son of) before their family names should disregard these when abbreviating the name.
I just recently learned that these pre-fixes meant 'son of'. Funny how long you can live without knowing stuff.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
  #47
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I just recently learned that these pre-fixes meant 'son of'. Funny how long you can live without knowing stuff.
Did you know that all of the Scots with "Mac" and "Mc" before their family names are originally of Irish decent? The Picts were the aboriginals of what was to become Scotland before they were absorbed by the Irish settlers to that land. Circa 7th/8th centuries AD.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
  #48
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Did you know that all of the Scots with "Mac" and "Mc" before their family names are originally of Irish decent? The Picts were the aboriginals of what was to become Scotland before they were absorbed by the Irish settlers to that land. Circa 7th/8th centuries AD.
I'll be sure to speak of that around here in my Scotland loving Ireland hating county, being Irish myself.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
  #49
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'll be sure to speak of that around here in my Scotland loving Ireland hating county, being Irish myself.
Also, the Picts were the original "Blue men" They used woad to paint themselves blue, hence the name Picts.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.