HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Sj

Old
12-06-2008, 06:40 AM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

vCash: 500
Petrecki = Going NOWHERE
Clowe = Also NOWHERE

TrappedInFullerton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 03:43 PM
MattPippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWolfdog View Post
Uh the same Ron Wilson that led the Sharks to the Conference Finals with 104 points in 03-04 and then to the Conference-Semis three straight years with 99, 107 and 108 points and a Division Title last year? Same Wilson that Setagouchi kept looking over towards instinctively whenever he yelled out a play because of the discipline he instilled? Yeh ... I think we'll take it.

Listen, 13 Cups > 0 Cups.

Congratulations, you won all your cups when there was six teams in the NHL... ooh very hard to do I would imagine!

You should consider not using that argument, it makes you look like a fool.

MattPippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
WildWolfdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPippy View Post
Congratulations, you won all your cups when there was six teams in the NHL... ooh very hard to do I would imagine!

You should consider not using that argument, it makes you look like a fool.
Do we have 13 cups or not?

WildWolfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
WildWolfdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
You're in for a HUGE surprise if you think wilson is good at developing youngsters.
I thought that was supposed to be one of his main strengths? Because of how the Sharks' young players came along so fast and where they're at now.

Old
12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Do we have 13 cups or not?
Sharks = 1st
Leafs = 26th

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Crazy_Ike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM
BillR10

Quote:
I thought that was supposed to be one of his main strengths? Because of how the Sharks' young players came along so fast and where they're at now.
Yeah Ron Wilson will develop you some good players, but that wont stop Brian Burke for trading them all to add 1 veteran that he feels will help. You have the coach to develop a regular season winner, but the GM to destroy it.

BillR10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
Sharks = 1st
Leafs = 26th

Jealousy is an ugly thing.
So is unnecessary anger. The whole my team > your team thing is silly.
Right now, the Sharks are better, yes.

Point is the Leafs/Sharks are bad trading partners because frankly the Sharks don't really need anything right now.

And why do Leaf fans want to trade Kaberle? Its not because he's no good...in fact, I think he's great. Leaf fans are sick of mediocrity, and we want to build a young team that will become a dominant force, and trading Kaberle could potentially help us restock the very bare cupboard more quickly. That is why many propose that he is traded.

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmic Dan View Post
Yes it is. But it cannot be described as anything but jealousy when someone declines someone's argument and the return is "well MY team has won more stanley cups than YOUR team!".

It just reeks of an inferiority complex, and as I said earlier, makes the poster look like a fool.

Old
12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Wilson took prospects with excellent potential (Carle, Bernier) and absolutely stunted their development. Under his tenure, guys like Pavelski, Michalek, Mitchell, and Vlasic started off good but showed little growth. He let players like Gorges play through slumps when they should have been sat. Goc was never given a chance to develop, as Wilson gave his "favorites" playing time over Goc. On the flip side, players like Ehrhoff improved tremendously under his defense-oriented system. Wilson gave Setoguchi the work ethic he has today, and Ryane Clowe emerged as a top-six forward as well. Low-skill players like Rissmiller and Plihal improved their defensive skills under his regime too.

Overall, Wilson was average at developing youngsters. He tried to install a defense-first, hard-work attitude in his players; when it worked, the results were good, but when it failed, it led to disaster. In general, he is awful at developing defensemen, and bad at developing high-skill forwards who are talented offenisvely. Also, one has to think that Doug Wilson helped prevent Ron Wilson from doing too much damage.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

It's not so much that he's "bad" at it. The problem is he's a lot like Mike Keenan - he gets his favorites, and they get a free ride. Meanwhile the rest of the team is subjected to constant mind games.

His coaching style is perfect for getting certain people to overachieve, but it is a MISERABLE style for actually coaxing talent that is not "his" kind of person into performing when it matters.

His mind games were at the core of recent Shark playoff meltdowns.

He is the last person I would hire as a coach for a team I wanted to win a Cup with.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:13 PM
WildWolfdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR10 View Post
Yeah Ron Wilson will develop you some good players, but that wont stop Brian Burke for trading them all to add 1 veteran that he feels will help. You have the coach to develop a regular season winner, but the GM to destroy it.
Lol that's alright thanks - I'd rather trust a Stanley Cup winning GM who's surrounded by people like Fletcher and Nonis and a coach that has more than 500 wins in the NHL ... over someone on a message boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmic Dan View Post
Right now, the Sharks are better, yes.

Point is the Leafs/Sharks are bad trading partners because frankly the Sharks don't really need anything right now.

And why do Leaf fans want to trade Kaberle? Its not because he's no good...in fact, I think he's great. Leaf fans are sick of mediocrity, and we want to build a young team that will become a dominant force, and trading Kaberle could potentially help us restock the very bare cupboard more quickly. That is why many propose that he is traded.
Lol don't bother dude - there's a reason I put him on my ignore list the first day I registered for this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Wilson took prospects with excellent potential (Carle, Bernier) and absolutely stunted their development. Under his tenure, guys like Pavelski, Michalek, Mitchell, and Vlasic started off good but showed little growth. He let players like Gorges play through slumps when they should have been sat. Goc was never given a chance to develop, as Wilson gave his "favorites" playing time over Goc. On the flip side, players like Ehrhoff improved tremendously under his defense-oriented system. Wilson gave Setoguchi the work ethic he has today, and Ryane Clowe emerged as a top-six forward as well. Low-skill players like Rissmiller and Plihal improved their defensive skills under his regime too.

Overall, Wilson was average at developing youngsters. He tried to install a defense-first, hard-work attitude in his players; when it worked, the results were good, but when it failed, it led to disaster. In general, he is awful at developing defensemen, and bad at developing high-skill forwards who are talented offenisvely. Also, one has to think that Doug Wilson helped prevent Ron Wilson from doing too much damage.
Hmmm ... interesting perspective. I guess we'll just have to wait and see to find out how he works out.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Lol don't bother dude - there's a reason I put him on my ignore list the first day I registered for this forum.
Pretty clearly someone so ******** by me at some point that he had to make a new poster...

Old
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFromSantaFe View Post
Petrecki = Going NOWHERE
Clowe = Also NOWHERE
Petrecki's looking great in the BC vs. BU game at the moment.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
:|

Leafs take this, run, and don't even have the decentcy to send a Christmas card!
We wouldn't send a christmas card, agreeing to a trade like this would be more generous a gift then anything Santa could give.

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote