HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

12/06/08 New Jersey @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD, CBC, MSG-HD

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Really can't believe that they kind find any adjustments to do on the PP.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Wow RDS didn't even give a star to the devils goalie... incredible.
Also they gave Price 1st star, who played well but didn't really make much difference in the game.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Are you kidding? Please tell me you are? Koivu is our best player since the start of the seaon and for ONE mistake you want him to sit important spots?

Alex Ovechkin is the best player in the league, i don't think he plays 4 on 3s, or other critical defensive missions. I don't care that Koivu has been doing really well. If a player isn't the best player to send out for a particular goal, then don't send him.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jacques Demers View Post
Also they gave Price 1st star, who played well but didn't really make much difference in the game.
Montreal lost but Price was the 1st star..

Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Boston keeps winning.
Let's not go crazy. Boston is good but is also playing waaay above their heads right now.

Last year, they were a non-playoff caliber team and snuck in largely because Buffalo was unlucky. They even had a negative goal differential. I don't think they got that much better just by adding Bergeron and Ryder.

Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Can someone tell me what Koivu was doing on that 4 on 3? He was totally out of position.

He was neither in a pass-lane blocking postiong nor in a shot-blocking /rebound control position. Wtf?

I don't even know why carbo sent him out. He's okay but he shouldn't be our go-to guy.
you do realize that for most teams aside from a Montreal 4-3, it is the toughest to defend. For most teams its a guaranteed goal.

Who else is going to do the PK in that situation who is a centre. Lappy who is always out of position. Lang? A slug who was brutal tonight. Pleks? maybe. Thats your options

Old
kovalost27

Its an OT loss, get over it. We were lucky to even get one point!
Carey Price made as many dumb plays as he did saves, he should stop trying to play like Brodeur behind the net until he works on his stick handling.

Mind you, good goal from D'Agostini.

Kovalev had his stick on the puck and the New Jersey Devils player tripped over his stick, dumb call.

Old
sheed36

I didn't watch any of the game tonight.I just don't have stomach to watch the Devils play hockey anymore.Just another typical Habs Saturday night home game....The Habs can't have a very good record in Saturday night home games the last 2-3 years..

Old
12-06-2008, 08:46 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Alex Ovechkin is the best player in the league, i don't think he plays 4 on 3s, or other critical defensive missions. I don't care that Koivu has been doing really well. If a player isn't the best player to send out for a particular goal, then don't send him.
Except Koivu is good on the PK.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Rosensnose*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotrox View Post
I watched from the New York area and even the Devils announcers thought it was a bad call.
They also said the penalty on Leach was a joke and the one on Pandolfo was non-existant. Refs were bad for both teams.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
Montreal lost but Price was the 1st star..
He played a good game.. but what about Clemmensen? Wow.. didn't he make a difference in this game? Yet, no star.

Bah. Let's hope Markov is fine.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
There should be a rule against playing such boring hockey like NJ does. Send them to the minor leagues like they do in european soccer leagues when teams get demoted to minor leagues and have to work their way back to the top league.

Boring game.

Too bad.

We had some good chances but did not put enough of them away.

We played a solid game but did not get that 2nd goal.

Cannot win them all I guess. Even though it would be nice if we did.

WTG Dags on yet another goal.

Hope Dandy is ok. He has been doing well playing Defence lately.
Don't the losing teams go to the minor leagues. But come on. A boring team. You can't tell me that Zubrus, Elias, Parise and a few others were not exciting. They were no more boring than Montreal. As for the refs. It could have went both ways. The last call people on the Devils board said it was questionable, but I honestly was looking at Kovies stick which you couldn't see at the camera angle, but when Leach got his penalty at the end, he had his stick held up and there was no call on that. I thought that was what the penalty was for. It works both ways. Look at it this way. Montreal got so many chances the first period cuz Jersey was giving the puck away. Montreal was just horrible in the third period. If you want to win a game you can't play like that when it is 1-1 going into the third. If anything call Kovalev boring, but don't call Jersey boring cuz they won. Typical excuse that couldn't be argued 5 years ago, but it can be now.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Sweets View Post

Let's hope Markov is fine.
Agreed, let us pray. Because with Markov out, this team will be in a whole lot of trouble.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Let's not go crazy. Boston is good but is also playing waaay above their heads right now.
I was thinking this two weeks ago. I'm now beginning to believe they're the real deal. Until further notice, I'd say they're the team to beat in the East. There's Boston...and then the rest...but I'd say we're pretty near the top of the rest, so that's not too bad!

Old
12-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Sweets View Post
He played a good game.. but what about Clemmensen? Wow.. didn't he make a difference in this game? Yet, no star.

Bah. Let's hope Markov is fine.
he should have got a star two. Top players in the game aside from the goalies were D'Agostino, Elias and Zubrus, and Martin. Not to say Jersey deserved moire stars, but I tend to evaluate their players more as they are my team.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Agreed, let us pray. Because with Markov out, this team will be in a whole lot of trouble.
Not gonna help the PP. I don't get how this team can't get thier PP to work. They forcheck well 5 on 5.

Old
12-06-2008, 08:56 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I was thinking this two weeks ago. I'm now beginning to believe they're the real deal. Until further notice, I'd say they're the team to beat in the East. There's Boston...and then the rest...but I'd say we're pretty near the top of the rest, so that's not too bad!
The Bruins will come back to earth this season sooner or later and the Bruins board will be whining just like this board is right now.....

Old
12-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Not gonna help the PP. I don't get how this team can't get thier PP to work. They forcheck well 5 on 5.
Maybe not, but his first pass is second to none, and I don't wanna say it, but do you want to see O'Byrne back in the lineup? Because I don't.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
of Montreal's 4 centers, who is best suited to play in this situation? Can you answer that.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Don't the losing teams go to the minor leagues. But come on. A boring team. You can't tell me that Zubrus, Elias, Parise and a few others were not exciting. They were no more boring than Montreal. As for the refs. It could have went both ways. The last call people on the Devils board said it was questionable, but I honestly was looking at Kovies stick which you couldn't see at the camera angle, but when Leach got his penalty at the end, he had his stick held up and there was no call on that. I thought that was what the penalty was for. It works both ways. Look at it this way. Montreal got so many chances the first period cuz Jersey was giving the puck away. Montreal was just horrible in the third period. If you want to win a game you can't play like that when it is 1-1 going into the third. If anything call Kovalev boring, but don't call Jersey boring cuz they won. Typical excuse that couldn't be argued 5 years ago, but it can be now.
You can post on other teams' forums but when a team just loses, no one wants to see that type of post. You know the way to the Devil's forum if you can't help but make them.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:10 PM
emb24*

frustrating. give up 1 goal in 60 mins and lose.

we played a great first, but got lost midway through the 2nd

Old
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
of Montreal's 4 centers, who is best suited to play in this situation? Can you answer that.
i'm not putting the blame on sak, but i would rather seen plek or higgy there...

Old
couz

The PP is killing us...its not just that we're not scoring its deflating us.

Old
emb24*

so is this kostistyn rumor true or just some dumb trolling?

also the TK with pleks and tangs has to come to an end. rotate him with laraque and bring sergei or gui to play with them

Old
12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:
You can post on other teams' forums but when a team just loses, no one wants to see that type of post. You know the way to the Devil's forum if you can't help but make them.
Reality hurts. I didn't come on here being all offensive saying Montreal sucks etc. I came on here wanting to talk honest about a hockey game that fans of both teams watched. I did that in all my posts, even when I complimented Montreal. But that post that you just quoted was by no means unfair.

Closed Thread