HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

12/06/08 New Jersey @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD, CBC, MSG-HD

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I thought it was a pretty entertaining game despite the loss.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i'm not putting the blame on sak, but i would rather seen plek or higgy there...
the thing is, on a Pk in that situation you put your best faceoff man out. Higgins would be ideal if he could win a draw to save his life but he can't. Pleks i can see but he is the only other option really despite Pleks improvement on the faceoff, you try and play %. It didn't work out but you have to put yourself in the best situation to start. I bet Koivu leaves the ice if Montreal wins the draw and fires it the length.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
mlandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
Reality hurts. I didn't come on here being all offensive saying Montreal sucks etc. I came on here wanting to talk honest about a hockey game that fans of both teams watched. I did that in all my posts, even when I complimented Montreal. But that post that you just quoted was by no means unfair.
I understand your point but let me give you an example. I hate the Bruins, a lot.

And when we beat the Bruins, they spend the next few hours calling the Habs divers, making fun of the Kost "sisters", making fun of french people, etc, etc ,etc. Even if it bothers me and it doesn't make sense sometimes, I stay out of it. Because I know it will do no good, and that no one wants to hear it.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
so is this kostistyn rumor true or just some dumb trolling?

also the TK with pleks and tangs has to come to an end.
rotate him with laraque and bring sergei or gui to play with them
i really think a simple switch between higgins and kosto would give us 3 really good lines, you have 2 pass first guys in plek and tangs...i'll take higgins finishing abilities over kostos...and i think kosto would fit well on the Lang line...

Old
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Agreed, let us pray. Because with Markov out, this team will be in a whole lot of trouble.
team 990 reporting he's going to be ok. some stitches, lost a few teeth, but ok

Old
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
i really think a simple switch between higgins and kosto would give us 3 really good lines, you have 2 pass first guys in plek and tangs...i'll take higgins finishing abilities over kostos...and i think kosto would fit well on the Lang line...
Make it so, Carbo.

Old
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
habtastic

please...kovy did not intentionally trip Langenbrunner. When he had the puck, we were all excited as he was bringing it accross the line, then before you know it, Langenbrunner falls down (not a dive, but he got caught in Kovy's stickhandling). Look at the replay. Totally a ****** call. The refs need to use discretion with stuff like that. 4 on 3 in OT is just as good as a win. What's more disappointing is that we didn't score on the late PP that WE had. I blame Lang. This guy is the king of missing empty nets. After the 20th time, it makes you reflect on how many games we might have won. That goal seemed like it was in slow mo...price overcommiting cuz of the good puck distribution and then yawwwwning net. Why don't other teams ever pull a lang?

Old
12-06-2008, 09:31 PM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
please...kovy did not intentionally trip Langenbrunner. When he had the puck, we were all excited as he was bringing it accross the line, then before you know it, Langenbrunner falls down (not a dive, but he got caught in Kovy's stickhandling). Look at the replay. Totally a ****** call. The refs need to use discretion with stuff like that. 4 on 3 in OT is just as good as a win. What's more disappointing is that we didn't score on the late PP that WE had. I blame Lang. This guy is the king of missing empty nets. After the 20th time, it makes you reflect on how many games we might have won. That goal seemed like it was in slow mo...price overcommiting cuz of the good puck distribution and then yawwwwning net. Why don't other teams ever pull a lang?
that and the fact the habs were down to 4 D for the final 8-9 mins of the game +...no markov for the last pp or the OT pk

Closed Thread