HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm glad we lost...

Old
12-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I take no offense from your reply. What I can't figure out is Higgins' role:

A scorer?
A playmaker?
A defensive forward?
A hitter/energy player?

Which one is it?

I cannot for the life of me figure out what he does to justify 1st/2nd line minutes. He has not always played such minutes, but for the better part of two years he has. He needs to step up his game - I agree with you he is not a 40/50 goal guy - never will be. But he should at least be making players around him better and I do not see that.

I agree with your assessment on Chipchura: why he is not playing with the big club right now is beyond me. Here is a guy who can do a bit of EVERYTHING well. Smart, protects the puck, has scoring ability, hits, forechecks, cycles the puck effectively and is great in his own end. Will drop the mitts when he has to as well. A bit weak on faceoffs, and not the fastest skater but can skate better than GUI or LANG any day of the week...........
Higgins was by far the best player 2 years ago before he injured his ankle. His production went down after and I think that he thinks he can be a 40 goal scorer.. That puts a lot of pressure on you when you try too hard. He seems to second guys plays and hold his stick too tight.

Now he may be able to score 40 but at his skill level and the way he gets a lot of his goals "Garbage goals as I call them" his hard work will sometimes translate in goals or they won't. So with the same effort day in day out, he can have 20 or 40 goals depending on the season. On average he get's what, 27 goals? That's fine by me. That's also good enough for second like duty.

I agree 100% with you that he's having problems, but it's Carbo's job to find a way to bring his confidence back..

I have not been in the locker room nor at practices nor in the 1 on 1 player/coach meetings that Carbo has had with his players, but from what I have heard Carbo say on TV and in the papers (not what the reports have to say about him) he knows his hockey, but he seems to have a hard time in the psychology department. He seems to have a hard time to know what makes his players tick and doesn't seem to know how to motivate this lazy players and give confidence to his struggling players.. It's only an observations..

I know that Higgins is starting to get some experience in the NHL, but his confidence is still fragile..

And just to make one thing clear, a confident and healthy Higgins is valuable on a second line. He's above average defensively so he can take care of himself in his own end against the other teams top two lines, He can take a faceoff in case the center gets thrown out (which is important in key situations) and he can replace people on the first line when they are injuries and or other slumping players..

WE all have to remember that everyone slumps. Even Crosby was in a slump at the beginning of the season. Look at him now!! It's hockey.. So we just have to be patient and let him find his grove. I'd rather have a slumping Higgins then Perezhogin, Samsonov and Grabovsky combined... For free!

As for Chipchura, it's a question of speed. He's too slow. It's hard to play his style of hockey when he's always second on the puck... As he matures, he'll find his speed. And he'll also have much more leadership experience having been a captain in Hamilton.. The team has depth. We should all be happy about it.. Buffalo could have won the cup a few years back, but their lack of depth in the last round of play-offs cost them after all the injuries they suffered..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I disagree strongly. Tanguay was EXCELLENT tonight, and has been our best forward all year...

Correction

Tanguay was okay vs. New Jersey and Koivu has been Montreal's best forward.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
He's struggling production wise no doubt, but he and Tanguay were great together and just need someone who can finish beside them. Like maybe an Akost or a Lats...
The same Latendresse who has 1 less goal than D'Agostini in 16 more games and has been pretty much useless to this team aside from a handful of games?

Montreal Typical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:50 AM
AH

Quote:
But still got a point. Now hopefully Carbo can get Kosto off that Tanguay/Pleky line. Alex and Thomas have shown great skill, speed and creativity with chemistry, and Kostopoulos is an outstanding 4th liner, but no more that a 4th liner, and was holding that line back. Carbo simply won't change lines as long as we win, and I understand the reasoning, but it's in the teams long term interest to put someone with skill and vision along with those two on that line.

And as opportunistic as D'Agostini has been, he's not ready yet for the roll we're giving him. Next year he, Chips, and Pacioretty will all be ready, but it's time to get Lats and Sergei back into the mix...

Laps and Begin have been great, so I think it's time Kosto takes Laraques spot on the 4th line again. Also Lats and S. Kost need to get back in the top 9 mix, with Kosto dropping down, and once we can justify sending Dago back to Hamilton (which we can't yet but it's only a matter of time) all will be well once again in habland...
So you're glad the team lost so that you can get to play fantasy make a line change on a message board.

You're a real winner...

I really wonder if some fans are not more interested in 'their' ways as opposed to wnning while another strategy is employed...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
I really wonder if some fans are not more interested in 'their' ways as opposed to wnning while another strategy is employed...
Um...we lost.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
la25ecoupe

Tanguay - Plek - SK74

Please!!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Anyone who wishes their team to lose is not a fan of that team, and could be construed as a ****ing loser themselves.

Unbelievable - Mods? We have to put up with this ********? It's as bad as a sens fan trolling, imo. I hope to hell we trade SK and Lats now, so these so called 'fans' can follow them to where ever the hell they end up.

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
AH

Quote:
Um...we lost.
So?

It doesn't mean you make changes ...

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
sampollock

this might make bob tinker with the roster.......

i still say, he wants a big scorer, he has tried to deadlines in a row...

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:23 AM
sampollock

i never have, or will cheer against the habs, win at all costs

that is a leaf thing, let's lose to get a better draft pick

Old
12-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
Thank God Kovalev is an UFA at the end of the season...the sooner hes gone the better.
He contributes to the goals scored... he's not exactly a liability

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:42 AM
LesCanadiens

Yeah...lets hope we lose to justify our own opinion. Sure, lets send back Agostini...who besides his goal created several more solid opportunities by putting himself in the correct scoring position...yep, lets replace him with a perimeter player like SK who does not produce - and who puts himself before the team by constantly taking stupid and selfish penalties.

Oh, and lets replace TK....a player that also creates tons of opportunities for his teammates by forechecking like a demon and causing havoc in the offensive zone.

I find fans/posts like this monumentally offensive....just like EK who cheers for the other team so her beloved SK has a better chance to be reinserted. Please, don't call yourselves fans of the Montreal Canadiens...'cause you're not.

Last edited by LesCanadiens: 12-07-2008 at 11:48 AM.
LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:56 AM
C4KOMI

"la chaise musical' continues, lets see what line up guy come up after this loss. he seems to think a coach's job in nhl is just to change lines. he has no creativity as a coach and when things go bad he gives up and blames the players.
he needs to mature as a coach but by that time he wont be here and we'll be looking to give another chump from alh a shot as a coach.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlandry View Post
Tanguay is good but he's not our best forward and he's having problems recently.

We have no clear best forward this season, except MAYBE Koivu because of his consistent effort, but even he has been less visible these past few games (mostly due to AKost shining, probably due to playing with Koivu).
Koivu has been our most consistent forward so far along with Tanguay before his injury. I love Carbo but I disagree with him breaking up the pair of Koivu/Tanguay. Having said that, Andrei Kostitsyn found a second life since being put on that line so why not get Tanguay back on the right side with them?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:13 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

One think for sure...Koivu is magic

You play AKost with him, AKost is awesome again.
When Tangs was playing there he scored in bunches.
Tender produces only with Koivu
Higgins delivers only when he plays with the Saku, sucks big time on any other line.
Koivu rocks and he is sooooooooo underrated, hope he signs again with us.

PS

I want to see Kost, Koivy, Kost

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I can't believe this entire thread.........

Tanguay played like crap??? He was misfiring on the PP early, but otherwise was the best player on his line tonight.

WHEN WILL HABS FANS AND THE COACHING STAFF ALIKE REALIZE THAT CHRIS HIGGINS IS THE PLAYER LEAST DESERVING OF HIS ICE TIME?

He is just AWFUL. No hands, no hockey sense, passes into people's skates all the time. If he is such a defensively aware player like many seem to claim he is, then why is he not one of our top PK guys?

I do notlike Latendresse any more than Higgins, but Lats deserves a chance to get back in the lineup over Higgins.

How he manages to wear the "A" is beyond me................

Move him before he becomes absolutely worthless.
please leave and never come bak!!!

he wears the A because hes a leader and he is very good offensively and defensively.....not great but very good

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
One think for sure...Koivu is magic

You play AKost with him, AKost is awesome again.
When Tangs was playing there he scored in bunches.
Tender produces only with Koivu
Higgins delivers only when he plays with the Saku, sucks big time on any other line.
Koivu rocks and he is sooooooooo underrated, hope he signs again with us.

PS

I want to see Kost, Koivy, Kost
You can add to his resume the fact that he made of Ryder a 30 goals' scorer, same with Zednik, and he made a 20 goals scorer of Jan Bulis!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Hilarious thread.

This board becomes a joke when this team loses. It's sad and embarassing some of the crap written here.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Sergei Kostitsyn says hi for next game alongside Tanguay and Plekanec.

Stop it!!!

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 01:31 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
Thank God Kovalev is an UFA at the end of the season...the sooner hes gone the better.
NO KIDDING!

I want him out...NOW!

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:51 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Hilarious thread.

This board becomes a joke when this team loses. It's sad and embarassing some of the crap written here.
yes it is

Old
12-07-2008, 08:50 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
He's struggling production wise no doubt, but he and Tanguay were great together and just need someone who can finish beside them. Like maybe an Akost or a Lats...
Gotta tell us where's the chemistry between the two cause from what I've seen so far they have NONE.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
CaptKirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Stop it!!!

I didn't know Gui was a cross dresser

CaptKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Stop it!!!

I didn't know Rita MacNeil had a daughter.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

I don't even get this thread. D'ago isn't ready why? 3 goals, 1 assists, 4 points in 4 games. What's wrong with it? No **** he won't keep it up, he's max d'agostini, not matt ovechkin. He's producing, helping us win, he's doing fine in my book. At this point rather send sergei down then d'ags.

As for tang/plek/kosto. Fine, remove kosto, put higgins, put sergei on the line with lang/kovalev and throw lat on the 4th line with lapierre/kosto.

The best part about this thread is how the first post ends "all will be well once again in habland..."

Back to what? Playing bad hockey and winning games on skill then going on bad streaks, dman right, can't wait for it.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote