HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundy & Gomer Friends again

Old
12-07-2008, 03:58 AM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Lundy & Gomer Friends again

As per the Post, looking forward to seeing Potter, we finally get a physical presence on the Blue line.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12072008..._im_143010.htm

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Chimp

I would have been surprised if it was otherwise. I think they're both intelligent enough to understand there was nothing personal. Lundqvist just critiscized Gomer in the heat of battle because of a bad play. While it may be unnecessary to scream at your teammate because of a bad play, (because Gomez was probably the first to know that he screwed up) I can understand Lundqvist finally had enough and had to throw out some anger. Didn't Lundqvist, after screaming at Gomez, continue to the bench to lash out some harsh words on the same sequence?

Unless Lundqvist's teammates and Renney want a goalie stick in their forehead pretty soon, they better start acting like a NHL team.

There's one positive though. Lundqvist doesn't seem to decline in skill that much when he is pissed off. Alot of goalies lose their heads and start playing like crap when they lose their focus, but Henke seem to be able to handle it through adrenaline. I remember him talking about his rookie season, then he played the games with adrenaline, nowadays he relies on pure focus.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-07-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Fataldogg

Like Henrik said in the article, when you feel like your the only one out there you can get pretty frustrated. I can't blame him. He is the heart and soul of this team. He is the only reason why this team can compete. Scott Gomez deserved to get lashed into. Henrik is the star of this team and if he sees others playing below their potential he has every right to let him know. It's important to keep Henrik happy, not Gomez whom is a second line center or a third line caliber center in Chris Drury.

Remember Jagr lashing out at Roszival last year on the PP? Jagr had every right to do that just as Lundqvist had every right to lash out at Gomez for piss pour play.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Scott Gomez deserved to get lashed into.
that's a giant pile of steaming crap.

no one goes into Lundqvist's crease and gets in his face when he lets up a bad goal, it's just as ridiculous when it's the other way around.

and please don't give me this "would you rather he didn't care?" crap. there are plenty of players who manage to care about winning while acting like an adult at the same time. the guy Lundqvist lashed in front of everyone is a great example.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post

no one goes into Lundqvist's crease and gets in his face when he lets up a bad goal, it's just as ridiculous when it's the other way around.

and please don't give me this "would you rather he didn't care?" crap. there are plenty of players who manage to care about winning while acting like an adult at the same time. the guy Lundqvist lashed in front of everyone is a great example.
... and yet our goalie is still only human. Every person has their limit. Lundqvist showed us how much it'll take before he finally snaps out of frustration. It was quite alot, actually, considering the "Disney on ice" that has been going on for quite some time now. It just happened to be Gomez that was the final guy that pushed Lundqvist over the "gruaaargh!" limit, it could just as well have been someone else.

Either players will get criticized by some because they don't care enough, or they will get criticized because they overreact and are childish. That's just how it is, but I rather have an emotional player that hates losing, because those have the biggest potential to become great players.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-07-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old
12-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Hank acts like a spoiled brat. When he is on he is the king of NY but when the team falters he points fingers? Fu##ing spoiled brat. Win more then one playoff series then *****

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:12 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Lundqvist is not a robot, he gets emotional. Big deal. The players know he plays his ass off every game and probably wouldnt even be in top 8 if it was for him right now.

Its not like he handed Gomez a 2 handed chop to the back of his leg and yelled "THAT WAS YOUR MAN!"

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
... and yet our goalie is still only human. Every person has their own limits. Lundqvist showed us how much it'll take before he finally snaps out of frustration. It was quite alot, actually, considering the "Disney on ice" that has been going on for quite some time now. It just happened to be Gomez that was the final guy that didn't do what he's supposed to do, it could just as well have been someone else.
again there are plenty of humans who don't show up their teammates like that.

it could have been someone else, sure, I don't care though. he shouldn't do it to anyone.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:23 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Hank acts like a spoiled brat. When he is on he is the king of NY but when the team falters he points fingers? Fu##ing spoiled brat. Win more then one playoff series then *****
Seriously?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Seriously?
That's a notorious Lundqvist hater since he entered the league. Don't quote him either please.

Old
12-07-2008, 03:38 PM
ThirdEye

I remember Gomez saying that Lundqvist was horrible during preseason, which wasn't particularly nice. Even if he was joking, that's not something that's going to inspire your teammates

Guess Lundqvist returned the favor

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:11 PM
TomLaidlaw

I love the title of this thread. Did Henrik make Gomez a friendship bracelet?

Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 12-07-2008 at 04:27 PM.
TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
dagoon44's opinions are moot.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:

Gomez didn't? Last I checked he didn't do anything on that shift, didn't cover the player, and was a main reason why that goal went in.

If you were a team mate, knowing that Henrik Lundqvist is the sole reason why you are a winning team or have any attempt at winning, would you get in his face if he let up a bad goal? No.

Henrik is the STAR of this team. You keep the STARS happy. I know it sucks and it isn't fair but thats how it is. It's his team. He can tell the others "listen you suck you got to improve" without getting any flack. Sorry, thats the way it is.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
That's a notorious Lundqvist hater since he entered the league. Don't quote him either please.
I am not a hater you blabbering idiot. I even went as far as saying hank should sue the team for lack of support this season and how great he has become this and consistent. Hank looks bush league when he acts this way. A win is a win a lose is a lose and keep the bush league crap like yelling at a teammate in the room. Don't quote me lol your a child

Last edited by Dagoon44: 12-07-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Tumsh

Anyone know what he said when he lashed out?

Stuff like that happens, it's not great when it happens, bit it happens. As long as it doesn't happen too often, and when it does, it's nothing personal, but rather along the lines of: "Take your $%%#$%$% man!" or so. If they can talk about it later, it should be fine, and I don't think anyone will think less of the other afterwards. Happened to me a few times (in soccer, and by no means professional) and as long as it was about my play, when it was bad, I was always rather fine with it.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Bury Your Head

I hope they name a Captain soon. That's probably why everyone is getting so testy...

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:38 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:

I am guessing he is on your ignore list chimp

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote