HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #30 - 12.7.08 | Calgary Flames @ NY Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
lol, viper man....

i mean there are teams like florida who would love to get a player like gomez.....or a team like columbus who needs a speedy center to play with nash.....

there are teams who need a solid defenseman who can put up points and play well in the playoffs....like columbus, buffalo.....

and im sure there would be other teams who are interested...these players are overpaid....but they arent bad players

what would they be wanting with our guys

Zing Zing

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Quit being a pompous a-hole like you usually are and respect an opinion for a change.

You're telling me every single damn player except maybe Lundqvist and Zherdev are having an off season? Give me a break. I will agree that they are responsible for some of this, obviously, but when we're almost dead last in goals scored, dead last on the PP, first in short handed goals allowed, etc... it's time to look beyond the players.

Look at the rosters of other teams around the league. You're telling me we have the worst offense in the whole league? Yeah... right

And your Jagr argument isn't very relevant in my opinion. We had the same problems last year, and the fact that you're assuming we would be better if he were still here doesn't make it true.

In classic fashion, you avoid the question completely.

YOU said that it's Renney's fault if the players are not confident. And I asked you what it is that he is supposed to do in order to make them confident, and how you know he doesn't do this.

Since Renney has been here we've been no where near the top of the league in goals scored. The problem this year so far, especially lastely is that there are too many BREAKDOWNS.

What was so terrible about tonight before the breakdown of the first goal, and then the turnover that led to the second goal?

WHO ON THIS BOARD WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT IF WE WERE THE TEAM WITH ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL THE ENTIRE SECOND PERIOD.

The first goal was a breakdown. The second was a turnover. Look at the bad games lately. It's all the same. Quit blaming Renney and his system. Like I said, if we were Calgary tonight this board would've been going nuts. They did NOTHING offensively, except for capitalize on our breakdowns.

The Jagr "argument" as you call it is merely my point of how last year everyone blamed Jagr for everything. "the team is always trying to get him the puck", "the team never shoots because of him", "The powerplay is too revolved around him",

This board always seems to know what the problem is. Well guess what, Jagr is gone. And I thought that was supposed to solve our problems offensively? Gomez and Drury could worry about the team now. We could be a team that scores.

Yet, do we hear a freakin' word on this board about HOW WRONG EVERYONE WAS about this? NO. NOT A DAMN WORD.

You all just skip on to the next person to blame. Which is Renney. And if he's fired, and this team still struggles, you'll move right on to whoever after that.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:43 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

We're 18 - 9 which is pretty good for a team that's really pretty mediocre. If anything, we're over achieving imho.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:56 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
We're 18 - 9 which is pretty good for a team that's really pretty mediocre. If anything, we're over achieving imho.
Actually this team has a lot of talent. And our record should be indicative of our talent. But we dont play like our record suggests and were getting buy in games we should be clearly just winning. And slowly we are getting more and more exposed.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:57 PM
brettholmesx

this teams solution is not for tom renny to be fired.

the last 2 seasons we had amazing 2nd halfs of the season and we steam rolled our way into the playoffs. and both years when we had our amazing 2nd halfs we did it primarily on tom rennys defensive system. this teams prooved in the past when their playing the system the correct way it can win games. now obviously no this isnt nearly the same team as the past 2 seasons which could be part of the problem. defensive hockey you dont get as many scoring chances, but when you do you capitalize on it and put the puck in the net and we had guys the last 2 seasons who could do that, jagr,shanny,straka,nylander 2 years ago,gomez and drury last year, this year we dont have the same threats to score. and on defense we have kalinin who was coming from a real run and gun style of hockey to us. completely different styles. and then redden whos used to a more run and gun style himself. rozsival is coming off of offseason surgery and didnt really get to work out that much, only now is his game finally coming around. the three guys who were here last year or didnt have to get surgery have been playing great. girardi, staal, mara. no im not making up excuses, but theres a reason for that. no tom renny isnt perfect, but he is a ferm believer in the defensive system as he should be, hes prooved before it can work wonders.

its not rennys fault sather didnt get anyone who can score in the offseason, blame sather if anything.
well have a great night
and uhm lets go rangers

Last edited by brettholmesx: 12-07-2008 at 10:09 PM.
brettholmesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:58 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoastRangersFan View Post
The record gives this team a margin for error. Time to straighten things out if you will.

I guess what we are all wondering is why can't the team get any consistency going.

I wasn't thrilled with the team's play at the start of the season when they were winning but right now I'd ask couldn't the team at least play to that level all the time?

Even if it wasn't a high level it sure as hell was a lot better than this month+ stretch has been.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettholmesx View Post
now he isnt putting up numbers and he sucks?
He would be putting up point if he had linemates who shot. Zherdev's ability is on a Datsyuk level, but he's still developing an doesn't shoot enough.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
zaius

was at the game tonight. VERY upset. changes clearly need to be made, and this is true even if you look at the team as a mediocre group.

zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
this teams solution is not for tom renny to be fired.

the last 2 season we had amazing 2nd halfs of the season and we steam rolled our way into the playoffs. and both years when we had our amazing 2nd halfs we did it primarily on tom rennys defensive system. this teams prooved in the past when their playing the system the correct way it can win games. now obviously no this isnt nearly the same team as the past 2 seasons which could be part of the problem. defensive hockey you dont get as many scoring chances, but when you do you capitalize on it and out the puck in the net and we had guys the last 2 season who could do that, jagr,shanny,straka,nylander 2 years ago,gomez and drury last year, this year we dont have the same threats to score. and on defense we have kalinin who was coming from a real run and gun style of hockey to us. completely different styles. and then redden whos used to a more run and gun style himself. rozsival is coming off of offseason surgery and didnt really get to work out that much, only now is his game finally coming around. the three guys who were here last year or didnt have to get surgery have been playing great. girardi, staal, mara. no im not making up excuses, but theres a reason for that. no tom renny isnt perfect, but he is a ferm believer in the defensive system as he should be, hes prooved before it can work wonders.

its not rennys fault sather didnt get anyone who can score in the offseason, blame sather if anything.
well have a great night
and uhm lets go rangers

An intelligent post.

Just wanted to point that out since because it's intelligent, it will no doubt be ignored by this board.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:13 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZherdev View Post
Actually this team has a lot of talent.
I really always believed that, but I'm not so sure anymore. We have Zherdev and Gomez...

Prucha - little evident skill
Naslund - washed up skill, 2nd line ability
Dubinsky - skill that's budding
Dawes - see Prucha
Drury - we haven't seen a lot so far
Redden - see Naslund

Old
12-07-2008, 10:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
does anybody else miss matt cullen at all?

i like drury, but im starting to think we shoulda just kept cullen instead of signing drury. honestly is drury that much better
no

no

Old
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
An intelligent post.

Just wanted to point that out since because it's intelligent, it will no doubt be ignored by this board.
I agree, we have to play a defensive system because we don't have talent up front. We have to win 1-0 games not 5-4.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
The record gives this team a margin for error. Time to straighten things out if you will.

I guess what we are all wondering is why can't the team get any consistency going.

I wasn't thrilled with the team's play at the start of the season when they were winning but right now I'd ask couldn't the team at least play to that level all the time?

Even if it wasn't a high level it sure as hell was a lot better than this month+ stretch has been.
this i totally agree with.....consistency is what im looking for....either consistently bad, or consistently good.....however i believe that has to do with the age of the players on this team

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Shutout again huh?

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:58 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Shutout again huh?

You seem surprised.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
You seem surprised.
Don't worry, Krapeedo will turn things around

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
You seem surprised.
A little bit. I thought they would get some fire under the ***** after the horrible game against Montreal. Guess not...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:50 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Who on earth is taking these players? Especially with the money they're being paid. Don't even let Mara come out of your mouth. One of the few players on the team who does is job and isn't paid an outrageous amount. Get over it guys, this is the team. Maybe some minor changes here and there but none of the guys you want moved are going to be moved.
that was for the case they somehow decided to tank

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
In classic fashion, you avoid the question completely.

YOU said that it's Renney's fault if the players are not confident. And I asked you what it is that he is supposed to do in order to make them confident, and how you know he doesn't do this.

Since Renney has been here we've been no where near the top of the league in goals scored. The problem this year so far, especially lastely is that there are too many BREAKDOWNS.

What was so terrible about tonight before the breakdown of the first goal, and then the turnover that led to the second goal?

WHO ON THIS BOARD WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT IF WE WERE THE TEAM WITH ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL THE ENTIRE SECOND PERIOD.

The first goal was a breakdown. The second was a turnover. Look at the bad games lately. It's all the same. Quit blaming Renney and his system. Like I said, if we were Calgary tonight this board would've been going nuts. They did NOTHING offensively, except for capitalize on our breakdowns.

The Jagr "argument" as you call it is merely my point of how last year everyone blamed Jagr for everything. "the team is always trying to get him the puck", "the team never shoots because of him", "The powerplay is too revolved around him",

This board always seems to know what the problem is. Well guess what, Jagr is gone. And I thought that was supposed to solve our problems offensively? Gomez and Drury could worry about the team now. We could be a team that scores.

Yet, do we hear a freakin' word on this board about HOW WRONG EVERYONE WAS about this? NO. NOT A DAMN WORD.

You all just skip on to the next person to blame. Which is Renney. And if he's fired, and this team still struggles, you'll move right on to whoever after that.
Im sorry but the personnel has changed to a team that isn't suited for Renney's system. That is why you are see the breakdowns. Renney hasn't been able to adapt so sadly he is the one to blame. The thing is, this if this team is having breakdowns when they are supposedly playing stingy defense, you might as well try to play more offensive, because your going to have the breakdowns regardless. At least try to score to counter-react it.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Celestial Black

Depressing game.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Funny game.