HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT : Online buying ... ?

Old
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
OT : Online buying ... ?

I am a beginner with kijiji and online buying and im wondering how you can be sure to get what you're buying. Is paypal the best option and how does it work?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
I am a beginner with kijiji and online buying and im wondering how you can be sure to get what you're buying. Is paypal the best option and how does it work?

You can't. The online businesses are more of a sure thing that privates sales like kijiji or ebay. Paypal works well.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:25 PM
knuck
On and off fan

with kijiji, always meet the saler in person

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
++++1

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Pascal

don't use paypal, their fees are ridiculous. just meet in person and pay cash. I've done it often and never had problems.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post

Exactly...

That's why Kijiji exists.

Also, when you sell, stay away from anything that's not cash money...

Other than that, Paypal is usually the safest.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

the thing is that im maybe buying a ps3 from someone living in matane ... if i use paypal (and the guy give me a fake ps3 or something like that) does paypal refund or something like that?!?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Paypal is usually insured but it might not cover something that's only a few $100.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Never had any problems with Paypal in more then 5 years

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:14 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
the thing is that im maybe buying a ps3 from someone living in matane ... if i use paypal (and the guy give me a fake ps3 or something like that) does paypal refund or something like that?!?
#

13.5 PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy

1.What is the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy?

It is PayPal’s process to help you resolve a problem with a seller through the PayPal Resolution Center for purchases that are not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy is similar to PayPal Buyer Protection in that it enables buyers to file Disputes for Items Not Received (INR), or for items that are Significantly Not as Described (SNAD).However, recovery of any amounts is not guaranteed and is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account, even if PayPal makes a final decision in your favor.

2.What is the process for the Buyer Complaint Policy?

Similar to PayPal Buyer Protection, you must file a Dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center within 45 days of the date you sent the payment. Once you have done so, you should attempt to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller.

3.What happens if I am unable to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller?

You may escalate the Dispute to a Claim within 20 days of the date you filed the Dispute. PayPal will make a final decision for some - but not all - Claims.

PayPal will generally make a final decision for an Item Not Received (INR) Claim, but will not make a final decision for a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim, or Claims involving the following purchases: intangible items, licenses, airline flight tickets, services, vehicles, live auctions, real estate, classified ads on eBay, or other items as determined by PayPal (collectively “Ineligible Items”). This means that unless the seller voluntarily refunds your money, you will not recover any amounts for a SNAD Claim or a Claim for an Ineligible Item filed under the Buyer Complaint Policy.

4.What if PayPal makes a final decision in my favor?

If PayPal makes a final decision in your favor, we will collect any available funds in the seller’s PayPal balance at that time. However, recovery is not guaranteed and is limited only to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account. Any amounts collected from the seller will be placed in your Account.

#

13.6 SNAD Definition

What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?

An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

*You received a completely different item. Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
*The condition of the item was misrepresented. Example: The listing said “new” and the item was used.
*The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
*The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in the listing.
*You purchased three items from a seller but only received two.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described if it is materially similar to the seller’s item listing description. Here are some examples:

*The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.
*The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
*The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
*The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

Also : If it's too good to be true, stay away.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Be careful when dealing with paypal. They are a convenient and secure until you have a problem. I wouldn't rely on them for protecting your investment. I doubt they'll cover something like this. EVen if they do it's going to be a mess to deal with them.

If your trying to avoid getting mugged, just make it clear to the seller that you won't be bringing cash, you'd like to come over and test it for a few minutes and then you'll stop by an ATM afterwards.

If they aren't willing to let you into their home to test for a large purchase then don't do it at all.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote