HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who do you want to sacrifice when Komi is back.

Old
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i agree. clearly they need some work. lapiere did this last season and it is not so bad in the end. they get to play top minutes in hamiton as opposed to sit in the pressbox at the bell center. with dago up and running, and komi back soon, this should be a no brainer.
If you think Sergei should go down then so should Latendresse IMO.Sergei can create some chances but is still missing something,and Latendresse just needs 10-15 games down there and play like 20 minutes a game and try to get some confidence back

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
LeMAD

Aren't Sergei and D'Agostini the only players that can be sent down?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Aren't Sergei and D'Agostini the only players that can be sent down?
O'Byrne can also be sent... I think.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
O'Byrne can also be sent... I think.
not 100% sure but I think he needs to clear waivers first

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If you think Sergei should go down then so should Latendresse IMO.Sergei can create some chances but is still missing something,and Latendresse just needs 10-15 games down there and play like 20 minutes a game and try to get some confidence back
You can't send Latendresse to hamilton without losing him on the waivers.

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Losing Latendrese to waivers, who cares? His been surpassed on the development chart and rightfully so.

All I've read is, potential this, potential that and Power forwards take longer to develop...he isn't a poward forward, rubbing someone against the boards doesn't necessarily mean his wearing down the opposition.

There are better players in Habs depth charts, so let the bum go

Edit: Latendresse the great power forward, Latendresse the Kid who'll score 30 goals, Latendresse who plays exquisitely with Koivu...Amounts to Nothing more than a White Elephant!

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Iwishihadacup

Dandela este dandenault es

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
HE CAN'T BE SENT DOWN WE WOULD LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING!!!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
HE CAN'T BE SENT DOWN WE WOULD LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING!!!
His worth nothing!

Old
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm still not sure why Latendresse would need to go through waivers, since he's still on his two-way entry level contract.

I though anyone who had a two-way, regardless of how many games they've played in the NHL, could go to the AHL without passing through waivers.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

That question has been cleared up maybe a 1000 times

Old
12-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Lats has played the required number of games where he now has to clear waivers.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
That question has been cleared up maybe a 1000 times
I havnt seen anyone LEGIT (no offense) cleart his up.

Do you have a link to that rule?

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
His worth nothing!
He's worth a lot more than nothing...thanks for showing you lack of hockey knowledge.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Edit: Latendresse the great power forward, Latendresse the Kid who'll score 30 goals, Latendresse who plays exquisitely with Koivu...Amounts to Nothing more than a White Elephant!
Ummm... white elephants exist

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Darz

I don't think this is even an issue. O'Bryne will be sent down.

12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
TrueHabsFan

ArcticHabsFan i totally agree with you. Lose him for nothing. He does not fit in with our style of play. The fact that everyone still makes excuses for him is ridiculous. He is in his third FULL season in the NHL. Sergei is in his FIRST FULL seaon in the NHL. Yet we are willing to dump him off to the AHL. LMFAO. Seriously. OByrne has played 50 games in the NHl in what has to be the hardest of positions to perfect. We are all quick to dump him off the AHL also. We have a forward that come up from AHL and is totally on fire, not to mention that he is doing everything Latendresse can't do. Yet, the so-called fans cant wait until D,agostini fails so they can send him back to the AHL also. Are you guys serious? Why would u want D'agostini to fail? The kid has unlimited potential. He has shown more in 4 games the Guillaume has in 2 plus years. His three goals in three games surpass Guillaumes 2 goal total. And Guillaume played on the first line for at least 10 games this season. Lets get serious. Put Guillauem on waivers, and let some other team take the time to develop. I am fed up of watching this kid develop with the Habs. This is not peewee hockey. You wanna learn how to skate, you wanna learn how to play hockey, u do that in the farm leagues, not in the big leagues. Power forward this, and power forward that. How can an 18 year old, 5'8 Patrick Kane develop in half a season, but some big lug of 6'2, 240 pounds, be useless for three years. PUT HIM ON WAIVERS AND TELL THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING to have fun with him. He'll have some good company on the team, Vincet Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis, Eric Perrin...(u see where im going with this..) He will feel right at home. And here in Quebec we can go about finding a new posterboy a la Alex Tanguay to push as our leader. He actually has the skill set an the attitude to deserve it.

Last edited by TrueHabsFan: 12-08-2008 at 01:57 PM.
TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:04 PM
HCH

The question of who to sacrifice when Komi returns is a very difficult one but I think even bigger changes are in order.

I would like to see Markov and Komisarek re-united. Hamrlik and Gorges would be the second pairing. For now, those two combinations could eat up the bulk of the even strength minutes, perhaps 45 minutes per game, along with special teams minutes.

It is with the third pairing that I think the team could become more creative. Keep Bouillon who would take the occasional regular shift and who would play on the penalty kill. Then bring up Carle or Weber who would also take the occasional regular shift and who would play on the power play.

The first PP tandem would include Markov and Carle/Weber. The second could be Hamrlik/Gorges and perhaps one of the forwards (one of the Kostitsyn brothers?). Hamrlik and Gorges are responsible defensively and either would be a good choice to combo with a forward on the PP.

That would leave Brisebois, O'Byrne and Dandenault serving as the 7th defenseman. Pick your favourite from that group. They would only play defense in the event of injury, suspension or perhaps in the second of back to back games. For me, any of the three would be acceptable. Some thought would have to be given to which of the three, if any, you would want available for the following year.

It would mean more work for the top four defensemen and less time for the bottom two (sorry Francis). The coach would have to pick his spots for the bottom two when playing at even strength.

What I would hope to achieve is better power play results at the expense of a weaker third pairing. I think it would be a good trade off. At this point Brisebois has one measly point on the power play in 60 power play minutes. That is horribly ineffective. There has to be a better solution and it might lie in Hamilton.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHabsFan View Post
ArcticHabsFan i totally agree with you. Lose him for nothing. He does not fit in with our style of play. The fact that everyone still makes excuses for him is ridiculous. He is in his third FULL season in the NHL. Sergei is in his FIRST FULL seaon in the NHL. Yet we are willing to dump him off to the AHL. LMFAO. Seriously. OByrne has played 50 games in the NHl in what has to be the hardest of positions to perfect. We are all quick to dump him off the AHL also. We have a forward that come up from AHL and is totally on fire, not to mention that he is doing everything Latendresse can't do. Yet, the so-called fans cant wait until D,agostini fails so they can send him back to the AHL also. Are you guys serious? Why would u want D'agostini to fail? The kid has unlimited potential. He has shown more in 4 games the Guillaume has in 2 plus years. His three goals in three games surpass Guillaumes 2 goal total. And Guillaume played on the first line for at least 10 games this season. Lets get serious. Put Guillauem on waivers, and let some other team take the time to develop. I am fed up of watching this kid develop with the Habs. This is not peewee hockey. You wanna learn how to skate, you wanna learn how to play hockey, u do that in the farm leagues, not in the big leagues. Power forward this, and power forward that. How can an 18 year old, 5'8 Patrick Kane develop in half a season, but some big lug of 6'2, 240 pounds, be useless for three years. PUT HIM ON WAIVERS AND TELL THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING to have fun with him. He'll have some good company on the team, Vincet Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis, Eric Perrin...(u see where im going with this..) He will feel right at home. And here in Quebec we can go about finding a new posterboy a la Alex Tanguay to push as our leader. He actually has the skill set an the attitude to deserve it.
Lol, you are such a clueless tool, I really hope that you never ever get into a GM job, If you were on the sharks you would probably already have waived Ryan Clowe and Devin Setoguchi and lost them for nothing because "they werent producing enough"

now, Clowe is a PPG player and Setoguychi is awesome

Old
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Did you forget the ?

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Benzaza

http://www.nhlpa.com/CBA/index.asp

page 66

enjoy..thast why many agents are ex or still are lawyers

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

The point is, Latendresse has been soooooo overblown over his potential it ain't funny. There is no way I'd compare Latendresse to any young star in this league, Devin??? Clowe??? Get a grip.

Old
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Lol, you are such a clueless tool, I really hope that you never ever get into a GM job, If you were on the sharks you would probably already have waived Ryan Clowe and Devin Setoguchi and lost them for nothing because "they werent producing enough"

now, Clowe is a PPG player and Setoguychi is awesome
Tool, lol, listen clown, there is a reason why he is a healthy scratch. Cuz he stinks. If hadn't played enough games, he would already be in Hamilton. If he were not a local boy, he never would have made the team. What do you not understand about that. Since when is 16 goals something to praise. He does nothing. Wow, 53 hits. Wow. Hits that do not cause turnovers, hits that take him completely out of the play. What game are you watching. He cannot play defense. He cant skate, deke or pass. He has great hands but a 8% shooting percentage. Almost the wrorst on our team. He has been given chance after chance and cannot capitalize. He cant put himself in front of the net cuz he a p...y. What do u see in him? Maybe you like his boyish looks? It cant be because of the untapped talent he will never have. The guy is useless. He skates around the neutral zone like a lost case. He doesnt even come off in time for his line changes. He Sucks. Plain and simple

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
The point is, Latendresse has been soooooo overblown over his potential it ain't funny. There is no way I'd compare Latendresse to any young star in this league, Devin??? Clowe??? Get a grip.

Clowe is 29 BTW, it took him 7 seasons at least to settle to his actual level

and the sharks kept him

Old
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Godamn are you ever beyond clueless about hockey! I bet you more then half a dozen teams would be willing to give us there 1st round draft pick and then some for Sergei Kostitsyn. Sergei is a potential 1st line gritty playmaker with top notch vision and speed to sell. Many players have alot of difficulties in their second seasons because 1) They are more looked for then their rookie seasons and 2) They're desperately looking to surpass their stats, sometimes losing alot of confidence just like Sergei has. Next year when Alex Kovalev will probably be gone, Sergei will become our primary RW with vision, and by that will had gotten back on his feet. Weither or not he needs to go to Hamilton right now is another question, personnaly i think he does, but top give him up for nothing, keep reading and start learning before you post more BS like that to real smart hockey fans like we have here

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote