HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposing a new look...(all "solutions" here)

Old
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
ivrydov

vCash: 500
Bring back Avery. That'll put an end to the sleepwalking.

ivrydov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:26 AM
JKDR1

indeed. a change is needed. for one, there needs to be a legitimate finisher on this team one way or the other. ask yourself : are we closer to contender or pretender? then do what needs to be done. deals can get done we all know that, spare the salary cap nonsense. positive emotions are best, on that many of us agree but enough of the "we`ll learn from this loss" or "theres enough talent in this room" or " its a long season..." or we`ll forget this loss and move forward" etc. we cant score 2.41 goals every game and be a contender. thats how dominant goaltenders like Henrik become not so dominant.
goal support is an absolute must. true, there is plenty of talent on the team ,it just seems to be spread too thin or its complementary. also, Renney is beginning to remind me alot of Obama: great speaker, plenty of promise but not alot to show for it. he seems to be grasping at straws. you have heard the defenition of insanity? well it seems that the same thing is continually tried and a different result is expected. unlikely. could it be a square peg, round hole scenario? at any rate i think this team NEEDS a Kovalchuk type at the very least. Henriks groin depends upon it. a shake up is needed in my opinion, sooner rather than later. we lead the division but that is absolutely temporary ,mark my words! hell Dave Maloney has been saying we will struggle to score goals since before Prague....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!! (Sather of course, not Maloney....lol)

Last edited by JKDR1: 12-08-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: grammatical
JKDR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDR1 View Post
indeed. a change is needed. for one, there needs to be a legitimate finisher on this team one way or the other. ask yourself : are we closer to contender or pretender? then do what needs to be done. deals can get done we all know that, spare the salary cap nonsense. positive emotions are best, on that many of us agree but enough of the "we`ll learn from this loss" or "theres enough talent in this room" or " its a long season..." or we`ll forget this loss and move forward" etc. we cant score 2.41 goals every game and be a contender. thats how dominant goaltenders like Henrik become not so dominant.
goal support is an absolute must. true, there is plenty of talent on the team ,it just seems to be spread too thin or its complementary. also, Renney is beginning to remind me alot of Obama: great speaker, plenty of promise but not alot to show for it. he seems to be grasping at straws. you have heard the defenition of insanity? well it seems that the same thing is continually tried and a different result is expected. unlikely. could it be a square peg, round hole scenario? at any rate i think this team NEEDS a Kovalchuk type at the very least. Henriks groin depends upon it. a shake up is needed in my opinion, sooner rather than later. we lead the division but that is absolutely temporary ,mark my words! hell Dave Maloney has been saying we will struggle to score goals since before Prague....DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!! (Sather of course, not Maloney....lol)

W...T...F ?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
JKDR1

not surprised thats all the kool-aid drinkers would get from that post.(that was kinda the point)
another thought was that we keep hearing that the Rangers are working on getting better as a team. seems to me its getting worse while everyone else seems to be catching up and passing them!

JKDR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
sign sundin for $5 mill

trade gomer to LA for o'sullivan, priessing and the right to swap 1sts this year

trade/waive fritche and kalinin

gives you something like this up front

naslund-sundin-zherdev
o'sullivan-drury-callahan
voros-dubinsky-prucha
sjo-betts-orr
dawes

preissing on the back end would be a million times better than kalinin and he's an option on the PP to get this piece of crap going. we save a couple of mill going forward as well.
I'd do that deal in a second.

Problem is, LA won't. They are a team on the "upswing" so to speak, with their young players finally coming into their own in this league. Trading for Gomez would be counterproductive to what they are trying to do.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
TheHotRock

LA never makes that deal.

side note: Vrbata is one waivers 3 mil may be a lot for him, but if we send down prucha and another player, we can afford him. if he ever shows up on re-entry, we can absorb him just by sending down prucha.
is he the guy that can finally click with gomer?
probably not, but it would be his fault, not gomer's.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
LA never makes that deal.

side note: Vrbata is one waivers 3 mil may be a lot for him, but if we send down prucha and another player, we can afford him. if he ever shows up on re-entry, we can absorb him just by sending down prucha.
is he the guy that can finally click with gomer?
probably not, but it would be his fault, not gomer's.
No chance Vrbata went back to the Czech Republic already

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
No chance Vrbata went back to the Czech Republic already
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258958&l...=secStory_main

yep............what does Gratton make?........he's a big dude and may be a solid 3rd line C...............someone would have to go though to make room and that would likely be Prucha.......so I doubt but u never know

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Gratton brings size and toughness but he's bounced around all over the place because he has no skill, I'd shy away from him we have enough bottom 6 garbage on this team

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
TheHotRock

does anyone not think that this team is in need of a MAJOR shakeup?

Old
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
does anyone not think that this team is in need of a MAJOR shakeup?
I think all they need to do is move Rozsival for a cheaper D option and then Sign Sundin ........that's pretty major to me

Old
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
levski87

We don't need Vrbata OR Gratton! What is wrong with you people?

Yes, lets just add two nonscoring overpaid players to our team to help us improve our offense. Someone please point out the irony in that.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think all they need to do is move Rozsival for a cheaper D option and then Sign Sundin ........that's pretty major to me
i agree with this line of thought, but i think we should try to move gomez as well. maybe not for a scoring winger, but it is my opinion that his salary needs to go to open up space for us to acquire a scoring winger. if we sign sundin, we don't need a 2nd line c making 7mm, we'll have our 3rd line c doing it.
with 5-7mm open (depending on how much sundin signs for), we could get havlat for cheap, gaborik for a reasonable price....or we could give atlanta a serious offer for kovalchuk. i's personally rather get havlat, see how he performs this year and then pursue hossa in the offseason.

i realize that there are a lot of "ifs" in the above.

Old
12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
i agree with this line of thought, but i think we should try to move gomez as well. maybe not for a scoring winger, but it is my opinion that his salary needs to go to open up space for us to acquire a scoring winger. if we sign sundin, we don't need a 2nd line c making 7mm, we'll have our 3rd line c doing it.
with 5-7mm open (depending on how much sundin signs for), we could get havlat for cheap, gaborik for a reasonable price....or we could give atlanta a serious offer for kovalchuk. i's personally rather get havlat, see how he performs this year and then pursue hossa in the offseason.

i realize that there are a lot of "ifs" in the above.
I agree..........why do people think it's not feasible to move Gomez to Vancouver?..........if they lose out on Sundin then they have the cap space..........Kessler is a fair return

I am one of the few people that feel a 3rd line Centre like Kessler would really balance things...........putting him between Korps and Cally would help alot

Then try Voros, Dubinsky,Zherdev again...............top line could be Naslund ,Sundin, Drury.............then the 4th is the same

Old
12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
NYR Viper

trade gomez to CLB for their 1st rounder and a good prospect....

sign sundin

trade rozsival to buffalo/carolina for a 1st rounder + a #5 or #6 defenseman.....

bring up potter

naslund-sundin-callahan
voros-dubi-zherdev
korpikoski-drury-prucha/dawes/fritsche
sjostrom-betts-orr

staal-mara
redden-girardi
kalinin-potter
trade(player from rozi trade)

rangers instantly get 7+ million off of the book, add two first rounders in a deep draft and sign sundin. if sather really wants to finish the rebuild ASAP, that is the way to do so....this team may not be a stanley cup contender, but in a few years when those players develop they will be

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Forget about personnel moves.

Instead of trying to fit in players under the cap and turning over the roster (AGAIN) - how about playing a different style game, like the one they should be playing. They have the personnel to play an uptempo forechecking game, like they started the year.

Renney should grow a pair of balls for a change.

Try that before sending guys packing.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

sign sundin

trade rozsival to buffalo/carolina for a 1st rounder + a #5 or #6 defenseman.....

bring up potter

naslund-sundin-callahan
voros-dubi-zherdev
sjostrom-betts-orr

staal-mara
redden-girardi
kalinin-potter

rangers instantly get 7+ million off of the book, add two first rounders in a deep draft and sign sundin. if sather really wants to finish the rebuild ASAP, that is the way to do so....this team may not be a stanley cup contender, but in a few years when those players develop they will be
CLB could use Gomez, but they onyl have 6.8 free in cap room. They need to unload someone back to us thats worth a mil at least. I also doubt they give up a 1st rounder for Gomez. Maybe 2nd.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
NYR Viper

oOoOoOoO....

do you think florida would trade JBo for gomez?......i would do that trade in a heartbeat

Old
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
CLB could use Gomez, but they onyl have 6.8 free in cap room. They need to unload someone back to us thats worth a mil at least. I also doubt they give up a 1st rounder for Gomez. Maybe 2nd.
considering CLB has been looking for a center to play with nash pretty much their entire history of existence i think they would give up a first rounder for a center like gomez who would be able to keep up with nash and win some faceoffs for them....he is also signed for another 5 seasons which woul dbe nice for them because they have been having a hard time getting UFA's to go there

Old
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

sign sundin

bring up potter

naslund-sundin-callahan
voros-dubi-zherdev
sjostrom-betts-orr

staal-mara
redden-girardi
kalinin-potter

What planet are you on to think these teams will take on so much salary without sending anything back in return? Gomez for a draft pick and a prospect? C'mon.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What planet are you on to think these teams will take on so much salary without sending anything back in return? Gomez for a draft pick and a prospect? C'mon.
so they send someone back....thats something i would have to ask their fans about....also, carolina has been looking for a defenseman who can shoot the puck from the blue-line for a while now....there defense also has a lot of holes.....roszival would solve quite a few problems for them

Old
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

How to fix the Rangers.

1. Fire Tom Renney.
2. Hire Torts. Let's see what a high energy guy can do.
3. Trade Rosival , Gomez, and Kalinin for whatever you can get. Draft picks, players for the AHL, whatever you can get. Dump the salary and the players.
3.a - Sign Shanny
4. Call up Potter, Fahey.
5. Insert all players into Lineup. Yes they are young, but you gotta keep playing them, they will get better. And rotate lines for christ's sake.

Naslund - Drury - Callahan
Shannahan - Dubi - Zherdev
Dawes - Fritche - Prucha
Voros - Betts - Sjo
Extra Korpedo
D.

Mara - Staal
Girardi - Redden
Fahey - Potter

6. Throw out the old system. Play a puck possession game, cycle the boards, sneak in a dman and crash the frekin net. Old school, Eddie Shore baby.
7. Throw out the old PP system, stop trying to force shots from the point while people aren't moving, cycle the puck down low, sneak a dman in for free shots. This forces the defenders to watch them more closely freeing up your forwards for quality chances.
8. Instill the idea that shots aren't the goal, quality shots are. Start taking quality shots, in tight, down in the slot.
9. D strategy, one man back that can play defense. Staal, Mara, Potter are the only dmen allowed to stay back as they are good dmen and can break up two on ones.

This will cause higher scoring games, but also get us on the board a lot more. Today.

Last edited by MikeyLikesHockey: 12-08-2008 at 03:27 PM.
MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

double post.

Old
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGSpot View Post
How to fix the Rangers.

1. Fire Tom Renney.
2. Hire Torts. Let's see what a high energy guy can do.
3. Trade Rosival , Gomez, and Kalinin for whatever you can get. Draft picks, players for the AHL, whatever you can get. Dump the salary and the players.
4. Call up Potter, Fahey.
5. Insert all players into Lineup. Yes they are young, but you gotta keep playing them, they will get better. And rotate lines for christ's sake.

Naslund - Drury - Callahan
Voros - Dubi - Zherdev
Dawes - Fritche - Prucha
Sjo - Betts - Korpedo

D.

Mara - Staal
Girardi - Redden
Fahey - Potter

6. Throw out the old system. Play a puck possession game, cycle the boards, sneak in a dman and crash the frekin net. Old school, Eddie Shore baby.
7. Throw out the old PP system, stop trying to force shots from the point while people aren't moving, cycle the puck down low, sneak a dman in for free shots. This forces the defenders to watch them more closely freeing up your forwards for quality chances.
8. Instill the idea that shots aren't the goal, quality shots are. Start taking quality shots, in tight, down in the slot.
9. D strategy, one man back that can play defense. Staal, Mara, Potter are the only dmen allowed to stay back as they are good dmen and can break up two on ones.

This will cause higher scoring games, but also get us on the board a lot more. Today.
Well then, Im certainly happy you're just a blowhard on a message board instead of someone thats actually making the decisions for the Rangers.

I think its interesting that you'd fix the Rangers by making the personnel worse, including the coach, who was run out of Tampa even though he had more talent there than we could ever dream of.

Also, magician that you are, Im sure you could easily clear 15 million in salary for draft picks and whatnot.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Well then, Im certainly happy you're just a blowhard on a message board instead of someone thats actually making the decisions for the Rangers.

I think its interesting that you'd fix the Rangers by making the personnel worse, including the coach, who was run out of Tampa even though he had more talent there than we could ever dream of.

Also, magician that you are, Im sure you could easily clear 15 million in salary for draft picks and whatnot.
It can be done and was years ago when we cleaned house. You just have to expect to get nothing for 3 guys that you didn't trade for but signed, you actually lost nothing except to free up cap room for future signings and made yourself competitive.

Torts was run out because he didn't play Lightning politics. That's the guy I want. Anyone But Renney. He has proven after 3 seasons he is not the guy for the job. And you will say but the playoffs, yeah losing the playoffs is still losing in my book.

Some of us hold our Franchise to a higher standard than others. You want to keep the bar low, that's fine by me.

Shannhan is an improvement in that he's a TRUE LEADER. And his mere prescence on the ice says something about the team. Hank liked him, and he played hard as a Ranger.

Gomez smiles after every giveaway, Kalinin smirks after a score, and Rosi keeps handing the puck over. I just got rid of your teams biggest negatives in +/- and eaters of ice time with nothing to show for it in terms of production.

Watch, it will happen.