HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs settle in to new practice facility

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
  #1
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Habs settle in to new practice facility

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...trainement.php

first practice at Dix30. Komi was the first to skate on the new ice, as he practiced alone. they say 200 ppl were watching and that the main ice can seat 350 ppl. does this mean that anyone can walk in and watch them practice every day? i would for sure like to drop by on a weekend sometime. hopefull thre will be no RAPHEL incident, although i am sure Price is up to the task lol.

imo they did not build this place big enough. they have 2 ice surfaces, htey should have build it to accomodate at leas 2000-5000 fans for one of them so that a minor league team or Bulldogs could play there in the future.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
  #2
AlexMeth
Registered User
 
AlexMeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
Komi was the first to skate on the new ice
He's going nowhere in the off-season
My bet is that he will be a Hab for life.

and FYI, it's Komo, not Komi.

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:51 PM
  #3
Turboflex*
 
Turboflex*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,152
vCash: 500
Would cost A LOT more for it to have 5000 capacity

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
  #4
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,816
vCash: 500
its funny how we make threads for absolutely no reason.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
  #5
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
its funny how we make threads for absolutely no reason.
You and who else?

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:47 PM
  #6
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
its funny how we make threads for absolutely no reason.
its funny how you make useless post for no reason.

Not that funny actually...

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
  #7
HabsGuy19
Registered User
 
HabsGuy19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PEI, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabsGuy19 Send a message via Skype™ to HabsGuy19
I wanna see some pictures of the new facility.

HabsGuy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:53 PM
  #8
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
its funny how you make useless post for no reason.

Not that funny actually...
I guess its funny how yours was way more useful.

Actually, not too funny either :

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
  #9
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Posted on Habs Inside/Out

Quote:
Canadiens' new facility is off the charts
posted by Dave Stubbs at 15h23 EST on Dec 8

Mere words fail to describe the Canadiens' new practice facility in suburban Brossard, across the St. Lawrence River in South Shore Brossard. It will not hurt GM Bob Gainey when he's squiring potential free-agent signings through Montreal next summer.

The dressing room is probably one and a half times the size of what the team has at the Bell Centre, and the training and medical areas are so cutting edge that you'd swear half the stuff they have hasn't been invented yet.

A story, photos and audio to come here late afternoon or early evening when it's all processed. And may we recommend you check out the video that RDS surely will post later today. Seriously, you're not going to believe it.

And because this is a public facility, the Canadiens a prime tenant in it, fans can drop in to watch practises, even if they might not have access to the stands and will be required to watch from behind floor to ceiling glass walls.
looking forward to the pics

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
  #10
Erngueva
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 500
Here are the pics :

http://photos.cyberpresse.ca/33-5548/

Erngueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
  #11
Habinger
 
Habinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Awesome facility, thanks for the link.

Habinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  #12
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: White Rock, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva View Post
WOW.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  #13
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
what time are the practice?

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
  #14
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post

and FYI, it's Komo, not Komi.
"Komi" is used by all the little groupie girls who don't know anything about hockey, "Komo" is his real nickname!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
  #15
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
its funny how we make threads for absolutely no reason.
its funny because i think this is a valid thread on the topic of the Canadiens new practice facility. with news articles and photos being released today, many ppl are interested in this and have comments to post.

if anything its funny how you make POSTS for absolutely no reason. and before you tell me i made this post for no reason, you are wrong, because my reason was to point ou tthat this is a usefull thread and that you are not a usefull contributer.

kthxbye ****

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
  #16
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,778
vCash: 500
The soccer field looks nice

Dwight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:25 PM
  #17
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
maybe sudin was waiting for this?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:33 PM
  #18
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
its funny because i think this is a valid thread on the topic of the Canadiens new practice facility. with news articles and photos being released today, many ppl are interested in this and have comments to post.

if anything its funny how you make POSTS for absolutely no reason. and before you tell me i made this post for no reason, you are wrong, because my reason was to point ou tthat this is a usefull thread and that you are not a usefull contributer.

kthxbye ****
I guess all your 1847posts were useful too Good For You!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:46 PM
  #19
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
"Komi" is used by all the little groupie girls who don't know anything about hockey, "Komo" is his real nickname!
What do you have against me and my friends..its Komi

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
  #20
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
RIDICULOUS

What a place.

Thats where my 30$ of "service fees" have been going.

They are relaxing on my coin.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:58 PM
  #21
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,853
vCash: 50
At this point the habs might as well add the trainer from 3E and mike and chris will stay in mtl all year.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
  #22
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,853
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
maybe sudin was waiting for this?
He hasn't decided if he's waiting for this. When he decides if he's going to decide about deciding, i'll let you know.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:15 PM
  #23
couz
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
OMG !!!!

That place is awesome.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
  #24
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25
 
Habs4Lyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississauga
Country: India
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Habs I/O has posted some pics now as well...

http://habsinsideout.com/photos

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
  #25
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
its funny how we make threads for absolutely no reason.
It's funny how useless this post is.

If you're not interested in the thread, stop *****ing like a little girl and don't post in it.

The new practice arena looks sick. Sweet pics.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.