HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fourth Period Article (Horton/Bouwmeeester/McLean/Olesz)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Default101

vCash: 500
Fourth Period Article (Horton/Bouwmeeester/McLean/Olesz)

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/fla081207.html

I don't this at all, i read this article that apparently the Ottawa Sun is reporting that Florida wants to move some of their players. Bouwemeester isn't news i'm sure everyone knows JayBo is on the block. Horton alittle suprising but maybe if he doesn't want to be in florida they could move him for someone who will.. Olesz doesn't make alot of sense he's slumping but he's one of their better young players.. Panthers want to trade Brett McLean? That i do not buy one bit, why in the world would a team rebuilding want to move all their top young players, JayBo will hopefully go to the highest bidder, but after that why move these other 3 guys unless you're going to get top end talent, and why move McLean at all, he just made a huge jump and is very valueable to the rebuild of this organization.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Thanks for the link... I don't care either way. I'm ok with a shake-up.

Old
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
johano90

Are we talking about the same McLean? Maybe you confuse him with Booth? The reason I don't see us trading McLean is because he has no trade value. He's more valuable to us now than the garbage we would get back. He has zero goals so far for crying out loud. Olesz I don't see moving because JM is infatuated with him, although he does not look to be shaping up to be the player we expected, and his salary is too much, so that may be case alone to let him try out a new club. Bouw, sure, I would not doubt that he is moved considering our lack of scoring and depth on defense/goaltending. Horton is an interesting case, the article mentions something about his salary being 4 mill as too much, that's just bs. It's not like he's Jeff O'neill trying for a comeback making 4 mill, he's a promising young athlete putting up 65 plus points a year. Give me a break. He doesn't seem to be entirely interested in playing hockey most of the time, which is the main reason I would see that we trade him. If we trade him, we need someone back who can put up 30-40 goals a year, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Conclusion: McLean - not happening
Olesz - maybe
Horton - maybe
Bouw - probably

Old
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
http://thefourthperiod.com/news/fla081207.html

I don't this at all, i read this article that apparently the Ottawa Sun is reporting that Florida wants to move some of their players. Bouwemeester isn't news i'm sure everyone knows JayBo is on the block. Horton alittle suprising but maybe if he doesn't want to be in florida they could move him for someone who will.. Olesz doesn't make alot of sense he's slumping but he's one of their better young players.. Panthers want to trade Brett McLean? That i do not buy one bit, why in the world would a team rebuilding want to move all their top young players, JayBo will hopefully go to the highest bidder, but after that why move these other 3 guys unless you're going to get top end talent, and why move McLean at all, he just made a huge jump and is very valueable to the rebuild of this organization.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=545074&page=7

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=545074&page=7

Old
12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johano90 View Post
Are we talking about the same McLean? Maybe you confuse him with Booth? The reason I don't see us trading McLean is because he has no trade value. He's more valuable to us now than the garbage we would get back. He has zero goals so far for crying out loud. Olesz I don't see moving because JM is infatuated with him, although he does not look to be shaping up to be the player we expected, and his salary is too much, so that may be case alone to let him try out a new club. Bouw, sure, I would not doubt that he is moved considering our lack of scoring and depth on defense/goaltending. Horton is an interesting case, the article mentions something about his salary being 4 mill as too much, that's just bs. It's not like he's Jeff O'neill trying for a comeback making 4 mill, he's a promising young athlete putting up 65 plus points a year. Give me a break. He doesn't seem to be entirely interested in playing hockey most of the time, which is the main reason I would see that we trade him. If we trade him, we need someone back who can put up 30-40 goals a year, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Conclusion: McLean - not happening
Olesz - maybe
Horton - maybe
Bouw - probably
I think the poster might have McLean confused with Brett MacLean, the kid from the Coyotes system. If McLean is the future of this franchise, Keenan save us all.

Old
12-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Madhatter73

JayBo = Wants out, we should help him get out early.
Horton = No heart left for this team.
Olesz = Something's not clicking with him and DeBoer's system
McClean = Not playing as well as expected

If I had to pick 4 players on this team that were the most likely to be shopped, this list would be accurate.

In all honesty, provided we get near equal value for these players, I would be happy to see them go. (Rusty has been my favorite player up until this year)

This team's issue for the last few years has been more psychological than anything else. We need to get Jay and Olli Jr. out before they rub off on others. McClean's expendable and Olesz would get us a good return.

3 of these 4 players are still considered very valuable. If we use them to bring in a top 4 D-man, a true top line center and a couple scoring/checking wingers, this team could become something VERY special, very quickly.

Old
12-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Olesz didn't board the flight on the road trip, which seems strange to me. Stillman, Horton, Booth, Zednik and Murphy all did. Olesz injury went from being questionable against Boston, now he's out for this 8 day road trip? It could just be that his groin is worse then expected, but it still doesn't sound right to me that he wouldn't be on the trip.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:42 AM
Captain Conservative

Caps fan here who wishes Mcphee would trade for this guy. He's only 23 and has averaged almost 30 goals a season for the past 3 years. It seems like florida has a few holes and 4 million is good price for someone as talented with the potential to be even better.

Fleischmann, Carlson and a 1st at the deadline?

Some of my fellow cap fans may think that is too much, but i don't want to end up like Ottawa, coming so close and not winning it all.

Obviously you could have Nylander if you wanted him, but i'm hoping Chicago will give us something when Khabibulin heals up and gets traded.

Old
12-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative View Post
Caps fan here who wishes Mcphee would trade for this guy. He's only 23 and has averaged almost 30 goals a season for the past 3 years. It seems like florida has a few holes and 4 million is good price for someone as talented with the potential to be even better.

Some of my fellow cap fans may think that is too much, but i don't want to end up like Ottawa, coming so close and not winning it all.

Obviously you could have Nylander if you wanted him, but i'm hoping Chicago will give us something when Khabibulin heals up and gets traded.
I hope that offer is for McLean

Old
12-08-2008, 07:11 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

The issue with this is whilst Fleischmann is having a good season, is he truely a top 6 NHL forward at this point? He is fairly young, but i figure he'd be rendered useless in Florida. I know he sees time with the big 3 (I wish Semin would stop being injured) and im not sure if he would produce at all here. Problem with any Caps trade is, we need forwards. Your top 3 forwards - well, Horton is not going to acquire them, Oveckin, Backstrom and Semin are sick. After that, there is too much of a dropoff, your other forwards do not help us now or in the future.

The failure of Florida can be contributed to the inability to acquire a true elite forward and then give him solid players to play with. Not sure Horton will ever be that guy for us.

Old
12-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
The issue with this is whilst Fleischmann is having a good season, is he truely a top 6 NHL forward at this point? He is fairly young, but i figure he'd be rendered useless in Florida. I know he sees time with the big 3 (I wish Semin would stop being injured) and im not sure if he would produce at all here. Problem with any Caps trade is, we need forwards. Your top 3 forwards - well, Horton is not going to acquire them, Oveckin, Backstrom and Semin are sick. After that, there is too much of a dropoff, your other forwards do not help us now or in the future.

The failure of Florida can be contributed to the inability to acquire a true elite forward and then give him solid players to play with. Not sure Horton will ever be that guy for us.
Yeah I agree here. We need to trade with someone who has alot of depth at forward, like Philly. I would've loved to have gotten Carter before the year started, but now he's tearing it up and that doesn't look likely. Though, I don't see why they wouldn't trade him for Bo straight up, they have an abundance of solid forwards.

Old
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Thing is, Horton's a part of Florida's "holes." Doubt Horton goes at the deadline, it'd likely be sooner, and I doubt he goes for that.

12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Whitney for Horton?

or

Goligoski + pick/ prospect for Horton?

Old
12-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Whitney for Horton?

or

We need scoring, not more defenders. I think if were to trade Horton it would be for another forward, or a couple of forwards. But I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. He's got too much potential.

Old
12-08-2008, 12:38 PM
phil725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Whitney for Horton?

or

More like Staal and a pick.

Old
12-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil725 View Post
More like Staal and a pick.
Seriously! Whitney for Horton?

Old
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Seriously! Whitney for Horton?
Go look on the trades forum, I got hammered by Pens fans.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Go look on the trades forum, I got hammered by Pens fans.
Yeah, I saw those. I wish they would just trade Staal already and get a good reality check. One of those guys was the same fellow who was telling me Bouwmeester had one of his worst years last year, despite having 15 goals.

Old
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:

as a cap fan here in DC, you want to move carlson and a 1st???? brutal

Old
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Acadmus

This is simply a rehashing of a story whose source was Bruce Garrioch, which was moved to the "News Around the NHL" thread for reasons that the source is weak. And apparently, the editor of the article also agrees on that point.

Please move the discussion there, and bear in mind any fantasy trade offers belong in the trade offers thread or they'll be deleted.