HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguin Vote Stuffing?

Old
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboys99 View Post
And having Komi and Kovy isn't?
Well, we can debate as much as we want if Komi is deserving of being in the ASG starting line-up...

but Withney, Gonchar, they havent played a single game, so... how are they better than Komisarek this year ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:09 PM
smon

Aww, why's everybody else doing it? We're the only ones who are allowed to do it...

Ever think they got the idea after reading about the Canadiens ballot stuffers?

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Aww, why's everybody else doing it? We're the only ones who are allowed to do it...

Ever think they got the idea after reading about the Canadiens ballot stuffers?

So, what you're saying is you're slow... I mean, took you weeks to react...

Old
12-08-2008, 02:17 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
So, what you're saying is you're slow... I mean, took you weeks to react...
Weeks to react to what? Your little comment only makes sense if I was one of the people voting for the Penguins. I'm not a Pens fan, if that's what you are trying to insinuate...I just think that we shouldn't be stuffing ballot boxes just because it is possible to.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Weeks to react to what? Your little comment only makes sense if I was one of the people voting for the Penguins. I'm not a Pens fan, if that's what you are trying to insinuate...I just think that we shouldn't be stuffing ballot boxes just because it is possible to.
my bad, 1st time I see you here so...

they neither

Old
12-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

I say that All Star Game Kovalev will get a hat trick and it will light a fire up his ass for the rest of the season!

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboys99 View Post
And having Komi and Kovy isn't?
As I've said before..Whitney and Gonchar have not played 1Game this year. Fleury played 14games..

So Komi and Kovy deserve it more ya. Heck, Laraques deserve it more..

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:32 PM
panorama01*

The league wants an all-Penguins all-star East team.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
totalrecall

Someone should post this in Pens forum

Not it

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
sheed36

The thread on the main board about this topic is hilarious....Some of the guys posting there wouldn't know sarcasm if it bit them on the a$$....Funny stuff.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Couldn't the NHL have restricted the votes to 1 per IP address and phone number? Why didn't they?
bc it's a stupid system that shouldn't be. People complain about others stuffing the votes in but then the system does nothing to prevent it.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Courtnall6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederixx View Post
That's only for the rookies.
The voting site doesn't specify that, it just says:
"To be eligible for the 2009 All-Star team, a player must have played 20 games by January 2, 2009"

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Our fan is using the internet and can only put in a couple of hundred votes per day per fan. Pens fans use SMS text messaging and could put in several thousands votes per day per fan. We simply can not compete.
Why can't we compete? We have intarwebs but no cellphones?

Also, I don't think it's better for the league if the starting lineup is Crosby Malkin Fleury Whitney and Gonchar, the last 3 of whom were injured for most of the year, than if Price Markov and Koivu make it. After all the ASG is in MONTREAL and I don't want to see any Penguins, particularly not those who are undeserving. I'd sell my tickets if I had any and the lineup had one guy from the habs and all pens starting.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:37 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Why can't we compete? We have intarwebs but no cellphones?
I have cellphone but I do not have unlimited text messaging. If you have cellphone with unlimited text messaging then please help to vote our players to the ASG.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
It's different in the way that the current Pens voting hasn't come under any scrutiny, and they didn't have 20% (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that number) of their votes taken away.
That's exactlly what I have issues with. I honestly don't care who gets in(I'd like all Habs though) but when Habs fans did this the media and other fans were up in arms. It was considerd a joke. Why? Cause everyone whined like a bunch of babies when Habs fans took advantage of the voting process. The process that says "Vote now, vote often" It's a double standard and it's reaks of hypocrisy. I truely hate how a blind eye is being turned to this sudden spike in Penguins voting yet when Habs fans did it they took votes away. It's pretty disgraceful really. Now that Penguins fans have started it(honestly how in the world could penguin fans suddenly out vote Habs fans by such an insane margin, something's fishy) there's seems to be no problem. The league is happy casue babyface Crosby will be a starter. If fans of other teams and the league are so concernd with the votes being legit than why is nobody argueing Ovechkin's case? It seems pretty impossible to me that Crosby is actually legitimately leaving Ovechkin in the dust.

I'm not so naive to think the Habs players deserve to be there more than Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin based on their play or skill or superstar status. And I have nothing against Crosby. But I'm not naive enough to not see what's going on. Vote now, vote often as long as you're voting for Crosby. The league has basically flipped off Habs fans. They said what we did was unfair and illegit and they took votes away. Penguins fans do it and they dont' care cause it's a benifit to Crosby. It's pretty pathetic really.

Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Lone Rogue

Once again,

FAN VOTING FOR ALL STAR GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO DESERVES SOMETHING, BUT WHO IS MOST POPULAR.

Jesus christ this just pisses me off. This is a popularity contest, not a "who is the best" contest. That's the very reason why the Stanley Cup Champions and the host of the All-Star Game have the most selectable without written ballot players on the All-Star Game voting.

So stop with the "Crosby deserves it more" or "Kovalev doesn't deserve to be there" nonsense. Like it was said a few years back, if Rory Fitzpatrick is popular enough to be in the ASG, so be it. It's funny, because if this was an All-Star ballot vote in 2003 and the games were held in Toronto, you know Tie Domi would be in the starting lineup for the Eastern Conference All-Stars.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I have cellphone but I do not have unlimited text messaging. If you have cellphone with unlimited text messaging then please help to vote our players to the ASG.
just so you know, I have unlimited text messaging, and it's still 10c or even 15c per vote, can't recall how much my company charged on my CC.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:32 AM
panorama01*

The Penguins are the league's most hated team. Imposing them on the All-Star Game is designed to increase that hatred as this the league thinks will increase its revenues.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Seguins Dragon*

ummmmm..... did it ever occur to you that maybe most fans aren't such hardcore homers as Habs fans and will vote for who they feel is most deserving...ie, Im sure if you surveyed most fans of different teams in the league, who they voted for, chances are most will both say "for the East Sidney, Malkin and Ovechkin"....the only people voting Habs in, is Habs fan.

I honestly think Markov is the ONLY deserving starter (not only all star, but only deserving starter)...Price, and Koivu should make it, but not as starters, goalie starter should be Lundquist

Its not some great conspriacy against montreal, its just that other fans will vote with their brains, and who they feel deserve it, not all fans vote with their heart like the passionate habs fans

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
ummmmm..... did it ever occur to you that maybe most fans aren't such hardcore homers as Habs fans and will vote for who they feel is most deserving...ie, Im sure if you surveyed most fans of different teams in the league, who they voted for, chances are most will both say "for the East Sidney, Malkin and Ovechkin"....the only people voting Habs in, is Habs fan.
No one but Pens fans are voting for Whitney, Gonchar and Fleury. No one here is saying Malkin and Crosby shouldn't be there. The game is in Montreal, and Montreal should be overrepresented... the home team always has a few more guys. If Gonchar and Fleury end up passing Markov and Price for an ASG in Montreal the whole league will look like fools.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
No one but Pens fans are voting for Whitney, Gonchar and Fleury. No one here is saying Malkin and Crosby shouldn't be there. The game is in Montreal, and Montreal should be overrepresented... the home team always has a few more guys. If Gonchar and Fleury end up passing Markov and Price for an ASG in Montreal the whole league will look like fools.
well if thats the case your right...those guys should not be there and that would be the work of pens fans ballot stuffing

the 3 all star goalies for the east should be between these 4... Lundquist (as starter), Thomas (stats wise should be starter, but he isn't nearly a sexy pic as King Henrick), Price and Miller...thats it

Defense starter...should be Markov (hands down)...and after him, its speculation, personally i say Mike Green, but he is hurt so Jay Bow

Forwards to start, Sid, Malkin and Ovie, if they want to give Habs fans a chairty and allow Koivu to start, I would be okay with that...Dont get me wrong, Koivu belongs on team, but I dont think he should be starter....

On flip side, having it in MTL the classy thing to do would have Saku start and have him as Captain of East, and I would be totally cool with that, Saku is a class act all the way

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:53 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://fanballoting.nhl.com/leaders
To be eligible for the 2009 All-Star team, a player must have played 20 games by January 2, 2009.
The votes for Gonchar and Whitney are completely useless. The pens only play 11 games from now till Jan 2nd deadline and I doubt either is back by the all-star game itself.

I feel it just makes Pens bandwagon fans worse then the habs bandwagon fans. But the habs ones are lazy. They aren't voting because they got bored.

Hate the all-star voting, best line takes the opening faceoff. Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin would be something i want to watch. I see Kovalev with Koivu and Tanguay-->we know that isn't the most fun to watch. Price a starter... sure maybe. Markov a starter, MOST DEFINITELY. Komisarek... not this kind of all-star.

I want to watch Crosby, Malking and Ovechkin on a line!!!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:00 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post

I honestly think Markov is the ONLY deserving starter (not only all star, but only deserving starter)...Price, and Koivu should make it, but not as starters, goalie starter should be Lundquist

Its not some great conspriacy against montreal, its just that other fans will vote with their brains, and who they feel deserve it, not all fans vote with their heart like the passionate habs fans
Aaaaaah! that explain the Gonchar, Withney and Fleury votes...

Old
12-09-2008, 02:06 AM
KrazyTea*

Wait a minute. Are Habs fans complaining about Pens fans stuffing the box?

KrazyTea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:14 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTea View Post
Wait a minute. Are Habs fans complaining about Pens fans stuffing the box?

Who invited you here ?