HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Philadelphia Eagles: Part Wait..What?

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2008, 06:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
LOL at Tony 'oh no' Romo.
better yet. LMFAO@ TO pitching a fit at the end of that game.

Old
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
i loved the close ups of T.O at the end of the game. "Give me THE BALL!"

Old
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
AaronTrieu

if the skins lose tonight which they are already down 14-0, what does this mean as far as the eagles playoff hopes?

Old
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
MountainHawk

Eagles playoffs are simple. 10-5-1 will, almost certainly, be in. 9-6-1, almost certainly, will not.

The tie makes it very easy for the Birds. Win 3 more games, get to play more.

Old
12-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Eagles playoffs are simple. 10-5-1 will, almost certainly, be in. 9-6-1, almost certainly, will not.

The tie makes it very easy for the Birds. Win 3 more games, get to play more.
Who'dathunkit, right? That was the only silver lining from that game against the Bengals, and one that basically everyone (including yours truly) disregarded because of the collective disgust felt over this team. I mean, I considered the possibility... I just never thought it would have a chance to be relevant.

Assuming the Falcons lose one more game, the Eagles will be in the playoffs if they win out.

Old
12-08-2008, 10:54 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

The tie simply eliminates the tie-breakers from being used on the eagles as they won't be tied with anyone after the season.

It doesn't make it any easier for the eagles, it only makes playoffs scenarios a lot simpler.

Their 3 divisional losses won't harm their chances concerning tie-breakers. BUT, the head-to-head with the falcons isn't helping them anymore either.

As said before, eagles have to win out and hope for the falcons to lose one.

Old
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I love when Dallas losses

LOL@Tony Romo, he blows under pressure.
And when has our QB been any different???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
i loved the close ups of T.O at the end of the game. "Give me THE BALL!"
I wish he was still here.....

Say what you want about him, but this team has had ZERO personality since he left.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

I wish he was still here.....

Say what you want about him, but this team has had ZERO personality since he left.
If by personality, you mean suicide attempt publicity stunts, a locker room cancer, and a self-absorbed narcissist who doesn't care about the team, then yeah, I can do without.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
If by personality, you mean suicide attempt publicity stunts, a locker room cancer, and a self-absorbed narcissist who doesn't care about the team, then yeah, I can do without.
How many superbowls have we been to without him???

Old
12-08-2008, 01:06 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Unlike Tony Romo, McNabb has won a playoff and other crucial games. Is he Joe Montana? No. But he has shown he is capable of winning a big game in December and January, Romo hasn't and won't this year either.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:11 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
How many playoffs games did TO play in to get us to the Superbowl????

Old
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
How many has he been to since he left?

Old
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Unlike Tony Romo, McNabb has won a playoff and other crucial games. Is he Joe Montana? No. But he has shown he is capable of winning a big game in December and January, Romo hasn't and won't this year either.
McNabb gets as far as crunch time and then chokes.....He was brutal in the 3 NFC Championships, and then brutal in the superbowl (last games of each year)

The year they got to the superbowl they faced the most pathetic excuse for a QB in Vick in the NFC championship.....We could put a team together from the posters on this board and beat him. It was simple.......make him throw the ball.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
PhillyPhantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_28 View Post
The tie simply eliminates the tie-breakers from being used on the eagles as they won't be tied with anyone after the season.

It doesn't make it any easier for the eagles, it only makes playoffs scenarios a lot simpler.

Their 3 divisional losses won't harm their chances concerning tie-breakers. BUT, the head-to-head with the falcons isn't helping them anymore either.

As said before, eagles have to win out and hope for the falcons to lose one.
Well we have to run the table for sure and it's not all peaches for the Carolina and Atlanta either. With this weeks loss Atlanta is going to Tampa Bay, then Minn & St Louis. I can see them losing against the Bucks and the Vikings isn't a gimme either.

The Panthers still have to play the Bucks tonight, then home vs the Broncos, @Giants, @NO. So they might not be locks to make the playoffs.

Of course the schedule is brutal for us. Cleveland should not be a gimme. Still Washington doesn't look that great, and the last game of the season might determine if us or Dallas getting in. How great is that?

Old
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
How many playoffs games did TO play in to get us to the Superbowl????
He led this team to a 13-3 record so that we had the easy path to the superbowl, or did you forget about that one????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
How many has he been to since he left?
I am not claiming Romo is anything great by any means, but you cant go complaining that he chokes when McNabb's numbers in the playoffs, especially the nfc championships and the superbowl arent anything special....

Why does a guy that has been known his whole career for protecting the ball and NOT throwing interceptions, all of a sudden throw a **** load more during the playoffs????

Old
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
He led this team to a 13-3 record so that we had the easy path to the superbowl, or did you forget about that one????
I remember that season very well actually.

But you can't sit here and act like TO got us to the Superbowl, because he didn't.

You can't sit here and act like TO led this team as a real leader would, because he wasn't a leader. He was a show-off, and a great reciever, but Dawkins is a leader. Trotter that season was a leader. McNabb was a leader at that point too. TO was a media circus. Did he do great things during the season? YES. Did he catch 14 touchdown passes that season? YES. But the fact of the matter is that the Eagles won the NFC bid for the Superbowl without him, and lost to a better team when he did come back. Even though it was such a close game, and the Eagles could have won the Superbowl that year, they didn't. And at this point in his career, TO is closer to retirement then worth being brought back. TO has a few good seasons left in him, but he is on the downside of his career now. This Eagles team needs a stud WR opposite Jackson and Curtis, someone who is tall and dominating and YOUNG.

Did you forget what TO did to the Eagles the following year after the Superbowl? How he got in a fight with Donovan and split the locker room? Did you forget the Eagles suspended him until they released him?

Did you forget that????

Old
12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
mikedifr

Quote:

But you can't sit here and act like TO got us to the Superbowl, because he didn't.

You can't sit here and act like TO led this team as a real leader would, because he wasn't a leader. He was a show-off, and a great reciever, but Dawkins is a leader. Trotter that season was a leader. McNabb was a leader at that point too. TO was a media circus. Did he do great things during the season? YES. Did he catch 14 touchdown passes that season? YES. But the fact of the matter is that the Eagles won the NFC bid for the Superbowl without him, and lost to a better team when he did come back. Even though it was such a close game, and the Eagles could have won the Superbowl that year, they didn't. And at this point in his career, TO is closer to retirement then worth being brought back. TO has a few good seasons left in him, but he is on the downside of his career now. This Eagles team needs a stud WR opposite Jackson and Curtis, someone who is tall and dominating and YOUNG.

Did you forget what TO did to the Eagles the following year after the Superbowl? How he got in a fight with Donovan and split the locker room? Did you forget the Eagles suspended him until they released him?

Did you forget that????
You are flat out wrong, sorry....

TO was a media circus the FOLLOWING year. The superbowl year he was on his best behavior. I dont give a crap what he did the following year. It was proof that there was no leadership structure on this team (player or coach) to deal with him.

You havent seen the Cowboys implode or suspend him or cut him with the few stunts he has pulled down there. They dont have an insecure baby playing the QB position who has to remind himself and everyone around him every year that "I am the leader of this team"

Yes Donovan, we know.....now lead us somewhere for once.

Never said TO was a "leader" in the traditional definition of the term, I just said he led them to the superbowl. He brought a swagger, confidence and attitude to this team that a leader typically would.....and THAT is something that has been missing big time ever since that season. The same with Douglas, Trotter, Dawkins, Vincent, etc. did at different points in their careers here. McNabb has never been that type of player and never will. Westbrook, while having all the talent in the world, and the player that this team leans on, does not have that attitude or swagger either.

As far as the better team winning, true, but find a recording of that superbowl and watch it again. We caught NE on a very beatable day. The only difference being when Brady needed to get his team down the field he did. McNabb threw 3 interceptions and then COULDNT get his team down the field at the end of the game when he needed to, they only needed a field goal to tie it, they couldnt even get that.....

And the Eagles won the NFC championship against the worst QB ever in my opinion....someone who had no right to be a QB.....I think the home field advantage that TO got us was pretty important as well.

Old
12-08-2008, 02:17 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

By the way, we're making the playoffs

I'm a believer!

Old
12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:

Did you forget that????

We park our cars in the same garage

Old
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
You are flat out wrong, sorry....

TO was a media circus the FOLLOWING year. The superbowl year he was on his best behavior. I dont give a crap what he did the following year. It was proof that there was no leadership structure on this team (player or coach) to deal with him.

You havent seen the Cowboys implode or suspend him or cut him with the few stunts he has pulled down there. They dont have an insecure baby playing the QB position who has to remind himself and everyone around him every year that "I am the leader of this team"

Yes Donovan, we know.....now lead us somewhere for once.

Never said TO was a "leader" in the traditional definition of the term, I just said he led them to the superbowl. He brought a swagger, confidence and attitude to this team that a leader typically would.....and THAT is something that has been missing big time ever since that season. The same with Douglas, Trotter, Dawkins, Vincent, etc. did at different points in their careers here. McNabb has never been that type of player and never will. Westbrook, while having all the talent in the world, and the player that this team leans on, does not have that attitude or swagger either.

As far as the better team winning, true, but find a recording of that superbowl and watch it again. We caught NE on a very beatable day. The only difference being when Brady needed to get his team down the field he did. McNabb threw 3 interceptions and then COULDNT get his team down the field at the end of the game when he needed to, they only needed a field goal to tie it, they couldnt even get that.....

And the Eagles won the NFC championship against the worst QB ever in my opinion....someone who had no right to be a QB.....I think the home field advantage that TO got us was pretty important as well.
I think your flat out wrong.

"...the home field advantage TO got us was pretty important." We had home field advantage before in the playoffs. In fact, Donovan and our Defense got us into the NFC title games 3 years in a row. When Donovan had a legit star WR, he had his best year ever, because until that season and ever since, he has had **** to throw to.

"We haven't seen the Cowboys implode..." WHAT?????? Have you actually WATCHED the Cowboys? They have mini-implosions EVERY YEAR. Romo sucks just as much as McNabb does. Which is not much, but enough to not win a Superbowl.

"TO was a media circus the following year... I don't give a crap what he did the following year." How can you not give a crap what TO does from year to year? Your the one saying you wish he was still on this team, and your only using one solid season, where the ENTIRE TEAM played great, as your point of reference. I'm sorry to break it to you, but TO has been in the league a long time, and has not played in a single Superbowl other then that one. Your logic is WAY off. If you want to be a star in this league, you need to be on good behavior for MORE THEN ONE SEASON. TO is a distraction, and hasn't helped a superior Cowboys teams win anymore then Donovan and the Eagles have in this decade.

"Yes Donovan, we know.....now lead us somewhere for once." You can hate Donovan all you want, Donovan has played in a Superbowl and many many playoff games. TO and Romo have won less playoff games then Donovan and Fred-Ex have.

Maybe you should watch more football. Do you think Kevin Kolb is going to be a suitable replacement for arguably the best QB this organization has ever had?

If Kolb wins a playoff game then maybe I will eat some of my words, but your TO argument is poor.

WR is generally an overrated position, but this team has had bad WR's, and up until a few years ago, won over 10 games with lousy receivers.

Old
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Why does a guy that has been known his whole career for protecting the ball and NOT throwing interceptions, all of a sudden throw a **** load more during the playoffs????
You're aware that happens to every quarterback, right? They stop playing cupcake defenses and their numbers get worse? Shocking! Brady and the good Manning's numbers drop in the playoffs. Even your boy Favre throws a ton of picks in the playoffs. McNabb is no different than any other QB in that regard.

Old
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I don't see how anyone can defend TO looking at how awful the Cowboys lockerroom is right now and how little intestinal fortitude they've had over the past 2-3 years.

Donovan is no saint, but he's a long ways from being as bad as TO.

I mean, you see the Eagles actually try running the ball (shocker) and Donovan has a decent day against one of the best defenses in the league.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:03 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
"We haven't seen the Cowboys implode..." WHAT?????? Have you actually WATCHED the Cowboys? They have mini-implosions EVERY YEAR. Romo sucks just as much as McNabb does. Which is not much, but enough to not win a Superbowl.
Enough said, you made my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
You're aware that happens to every quarterback, right? They stop playing cupcake defenses and their numbers get worse? Shocking! Brady and the good Manning's numbers drop in the playoffs. Even your boy Favre throws a ton of picks in the playoffs. McNabb is no different than any other QB in that regard.
Favre always threw interceptions, I never use him when talking about something of that nature. There is a HUGE difference between McNabb and those other three, I will give you one guess what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I don't see how anyone can defend TO looking at how awful the Cowboys lockerroom is right now and how little intestinal fortitude they've had over the past 2-3 years.

Donovan is no saint, but he's a long ways from being as bad as TO.

I mean, you see the Eagles actually try running the ball (shocker) and Donovan has a decent day against one of the best defenses in the league.
I am not defending TO by any means, I simply made one minor point.....the original post I quoted said that Romo chokes and doesnt come through when the pressure is on, well, I consider throwing 3 interceptions in the superbowl and not being able to move your team up the field for even a field goal when needed is the same damn thing

Old
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Enough said, you made my point
Ok, so you want to run McNabb outta town because he lost the Superbowl, awesome.

Kevin Kolb will def lead us to one, since McNabb couldn't, right? Right?

McNabb gives us a better chance then anything we have currently or anything we could get. If we want a Superbowl, we need to stick to the run, and our defense needs to step it up. Defense wins Championships.

Your boy Farve throws INT's, his TEAM came through.

Oh, and since you made a point to say that this ownership and coach has a problem, and you cite the TO situation as your reference, AND THEN you point to the Cowboys as a team with a clue, please read this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,127609

Old
12-09-2008, 09:13 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
WR is generally an overrated position, but this team has had bad WR's, and up until a few years ago, won over 10 games with lousy receivers.
Tell me who the lousy wide receivers were? I will give you James Thrash and Todd Pinkston. Outside of them, who?

Closed Thread