HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Mats Sundin: The final insult

View Poll Results: Where will the big Swede end up?
Montreal 21 12.07%
Vancouver 79 45.40%
Chicago 7 4.02%
NY Rangers 24 13.79%
Other 43 24.71%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
silkyjohnson50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Who cares anymore, I hope Sundin signs somewheres and doesn't win the cup, even gets a season ending injury. What he is doing is childish and is taking advantage of the league. I do believe last spring he said he did not want to be traded because he wanted to be with a cup winner since Day 1? He has overrun numerous deadlines, he barely knows if his head is screwed on.
I was thinking along the same lines.

Just last Spring one of the main things that he said in not wanting to be traded was because he wasn't with that team from Day 1? What the hell do you call what you're doing this season?

I'd be pissed if i was a Toronto fan. He refused to better your team in the future.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:17 PM
AK

He wants to go to a Cup contender, not cash in for the big bucks.

Vancouver isn't really a Cup contender this year. Yes, I know they have a great goalie and they're playing well, but they're simply not going to win the Cup this year. Sorry. Teams that young with that little experience don't win Cups. Edmonton and Pittsburgh have gotten close recently, but in the end, the more experienced teams have always won.

Montreal's ship seems to have sailed in this regard with their acquisition of Robert Lang, and Gainey said that they were done with Sundin.

I see New York, Detroit, San Jose, Pittsburgh, and Boston as conceivable destinations.

I don't know how much Mats wants to go to San Jose rather than a more traditional hockey market like some of the other ones I mentioned, but I wouldn't rule it out.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Montreal's ship seems to have sailed in this regard with their acquisition of Robert Lang, and Gainey said that they were done with Sundin.
Gainey went to California last month for a well publicized trip to meet with Sundin.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Arselona

Rags, the final grazing grounds for old UFA's.

Arselona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Luongo2008*

Big wow at the results!

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
mytor4*

Well if's a cup he wants and he's willing to accept peanuts for money than i think the Wings Sharks or Penquins.
The Rangers or Vancouver don't win it even with him in their line up.Now imagine Sundin with the Penquins. You could now leave Crosby and Malkin together on one line and put Staal on Sundin's wing on the 2nd line.That puts Pitts in the Stanley cup finals and as good as shot to win it as anybody. If he joins either the Wings or the Sharks i give that team the cup[We all know nothing is for certain]
There are no sure thinks in hockey but Sundin with the Sharks,Wings or the Penquins is next best solution.If he wants to go for a team where he could be the difference maker and still have an outside chance of winning the cup than i see him picking between the Habs and the Bruins. I think it will take a Sundin type player for either one of these two to come out of the East and have a fighting chance against Detroit or San Jose.
Last but not least i really believe it's down to 2 teams. Vancouver,Rangers is where i think he will end up,cup or no cup chances.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
Big wow at the results!
The only meaningful result is the one when he puts his name at the bottom of a contract...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
catters078

watch for the wings to come out of nowhere and grab him...hossa style

(no basis for that guess...i dont even know how much cap space the wings have..im assuming 1million or so??)

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:17 AM
octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post
watch for the wings to come out of nowhere and grab him...hossa style

(no basis for that guess...i dont even know how much cap space the wings have..im assuming 1million or so??)
Not much. Get rid of Lilja. Injure Chelios.Problem solved.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

I think he'll sign a two year deal with Tampa. You watch!

Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Macke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Not much. Get rid of Lilja. Injure Chelios.Problem solved.
Stop hating on Chelios

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I really really really hope that it's Montreal. That's would be amazing. I think a place like New York is more likely. I don't know why Vancouver is leading this poll. They won't contend considering they'll get man-handled by San Jose/Detroit in the play-offs and aren't even a look for the NorthWest. Chicago would be kind of in the same boat as Vancouver, not a big chance of contending. It would be hilarious if he signed somewhere completely random like Nashville or Buffalo. I would laugh for a long time and then cry myself to sleep.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote