HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

12/8/08: Nashville @ St. Louis

Old
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Why pull the goalie if your just going to put Fiddler and Smithson on the ice?

Also, Slake, do you how do you not blame not only Hamhuis but d'Vries both on that 4th goal. d'Vries left his man to instead of playing the 2 on one that Hamhuis created.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I don't see a problem with Legwand on that play. He was back checking the puck carrying forward when Hamhuis fished for the puck, Devries then charged(fishing for the puck) the guy leaving his mark unaccounted for. Which in the end made it a 2 on 0.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I don't see a problem with Legwand on that play. He was back checking the puck carrying forward when Hamhuis fished for the puck, Devries then charged(fishing for the puck) the guy leaving his mark unaccounted for. Which in the end made it a 2 on 0.
agreed

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Undisciplined play in the defensive zone killed us in the third period and drives me insane.

The problem had continually reared it's ugly head all game long, but was totally present in the third period when we allowed STL to cycle the puck in our zone for 2.5 shifts without a break, then allowed Steen to deke Hamhuis and move the puck over to Crombeen for essentially an empty netter, then immediately turn around and fail to clear the puck, allow a slapshot from the point that is deflected in the slot by Boyes standing all alone past Rinne.

Pekka was upset tonight on several occasions and rightfully so...glad to see that although he is happy to be here, that he will not roll over and allow our defense to play dead.

Gotta tighten up the defense tomorrow night against Vancouver. Efforts like tonight's make me sick to be honest...horrible feeling after watching that period that I hope is shared by those that matter.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Why pull the goalie if your just going to put Fiddler and Smithson on the ice?

Also, Slake, do you how do you not blame not only Hamhuis but d'Vries both on that 4th goal. d'Vries left his man to instead of playing the 2 on one that Hamhuis created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Sorry, I agree. Made a rash judgment out of frustration without actually looking at the play. Simply saw Legwand finish behind Crombeen and didn't compute initially how he got there.

Horrible, horrible mistake by Hamhuis fishing for the puck there. That's juvenile crap that will get burned time and time again at the NHL level.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

This team has serious problems with a) playing 60 minutes & b) taking too many farking penalties, especially when we are down a man already

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 12-08-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
DManPreds11

Toots was called on a B.S. interference call trying to stay onsides, I can understand the ref calling Fiddler I was waiting for the whistle even though the Blues player was clinching his stick between his arms and did a good acting job to draw it. Didn't really catch the Hammer penalty but the play should've been blown dead on I believe Zanon getting a stick on the puck. Colaiacovo on the next penalty taken buy the Blues got less of the puck than Zanon and they blew it dead. I really HATE inconsistent officiating, we seem to get a lot of it.

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:29 PM
DManPreds11

Oh and as much as most would like to blame Legwand because people love to bash him, de Pylonvies left his man leaving Crombeen a wide open net. I understand he was trying to help out Hammer because he was being "P"ssed on but step up and play the body and that body can't pass the puck to the man you just left open.

Old
12-08-2008, 11:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Something is not right with Hamhuis. He might need to take a night off to get some rest and re-focus.

Something has to be done with Erat as well. His Radim Vrbata impression is too uncanny for my liking.

But, to try and swing a mild injection of optimism into this post, Pihlström is playing like a man possessed. I hope that continues. I mean... damn.

Bottom line, we let a game against one of the best special teams units in pro hockey come down to special teams. Brilliant.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:54 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Five of six StL goals came with around 3:30 or less left in each period. The other goal came with 5:04 left in the period.

Only ONE shot in the third period. ONE.

Forget playing a full 60 minutes, it would have been nice for them to play a full 20 minutes at a time.

Erat's giveaway was disgusting. That goal really gave StL jump and they came out in the second started outworking us. I was happy to see Rinne yell at Erat and continue to be mad at the goals that got by him.

Horrible defense coverage by deVries and Hamhuis.

Someone please get Weber some new sticks that won't break every time he gets ready for a good shot.

Nice goals by Klein and Pihlstrom!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Toots was called on a B.S. interference call trying to stay onsides, I can understand the ref calling Fiddler I was waiting for the whistle even though the Blues player was clinching his stick between his arms and did a good acting job to draw it. Didn't really catch the Hammer penalty but the play should've been blown dead on I believe Zanon getting a stick on the puck. Colaiacovo on the next penalty taken buy the Blues got less of the puck than Zanon and they blew it dead. I really HATE inconsistent officiating, we seem to get a lot of it.
Wrong ... even Crisp said it was the right call

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Yeah interference is the "right" call for what transpired but I've seen it not called in a few games this season. Toots rep. is why it was "called", which IMO makes it a B.S call.

Old
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I thought the Tootoo call was weak, it could have gone either way.

Is deVries supposed to be a veteran in this league or not? How do you let your man go so you can fish for the puck at that stage of the game? what is his problem?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
tulsytrid1

Problem is that he just isn't that good.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
tulsytrid1

I thought those calls were ticky tack as well; how a 6-3 was essentially awarded for that crap is shameful. My wife won't watch hockey anymore because of the referee inconsistancies.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:07 PM
OpenWheel

Yeah, de Vries messed up there.

I say that despite it not being Legwand's fault on that goal he did loaf a few strides at the blue line, once the play was past him, until he saw the open man and then tried to catch up. If he hadn't quit briefly he may have been able to make a difference and bail the dee out.

He's shown much more consistent hustle since he was "called out" and he's very effective then. But this time he slept a bit.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:35 AM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
I thought those calls were ticky tack as well; how a 6-3 was essentially awarded for that crap is shameful. My wife won't watch hockey anymore because of the referee inconsistancies.
Oh, come one, your wife won't watch it anymore because she's gotten pregnant TWICE since she started. Not worth risking that again.

How you all doing, anyway?

John

JR303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yeah, de Vries messed up there.

I say that despite it not being Legwand's fault on that goal he did loaf a few strides at the blue line, once the play was past him, until he saw the open man and then tried to catch up. If he hadn't quit briefly he may have been able to make a difference and bail the dee out.

He's shown much more consistent hustle since he was "called out" and he's very effective then. But this time he slept a bit.
Legwand didn't need to hurry...his man, the third one into the zone, wasn't even in the play.

The center isn't supposed to just blindly skate back as fast as possible to cover for any brainfart by a d-man. He was in a support position just like he is supposed to be. If the center did try to chase down every play from behind, just in case the D has a brainfart, he'd be completely out of position to do his job on breakouts and transitions.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2008, 10:28 PM
DManPreds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Hate to bring up old "s" but this play looked all too familiar without a call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-rA1O4PPM

The exact same play in this Blues game landed Tootoo in the box for "interference", no call here on Knuble.