HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Flames @ Rangers, Game 27

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Miikka Kiprusoff 24 82.76%
Jarome Iginla 0 0%
David Moss 4 13.79%
Dion Phaneuf 0 0%
Other - Please Specify 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-08-2008, 12:40 AM
flamesfan12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I think using a rarely used backup against a weaker team is flawed. I'd rather use the backup against a top opponent when the odds are stacked against like on the road, 2nd of back to back games, etc. That's why McEl makes sense for Wed IF we beat Montreal on Tuesday.
I was thinking about this tonight as well. I think I would be starting McElhinney on Wednesday regardless of how we do on Tuesday though.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 12:56 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Also to note Peters has been sent down according to Rob Kerr (can't find a link anywhere). Good debut for Peters and I imagine he'll be back up if needed. Also probably means Boyd will be back in the lineup.

Old
12-08-2008, 01:17 AM
GoFlames

Kudos for a decent first NHL game for Peters. The first star.... drum roll... Kipper. Wow we were up 2-0 being outshot something like 25-10.... I am starting to shed my earlier in the season doubts on the guy. The whole team played like a team which is my first choice for number one star but as an individual a SO always goes to Kipper...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
serratedmuffin

I love the post game threads, dont remove them! I'm always working during the games so this is the game for me. Sounds like our road trip is going way better than I thought. I feared a 0-4 or 1-3 road trip. Even if we drop the last 2 it's a successful trip. I'm impressed how solid the forward core has been, the depth moves sutter has made have turned out to be golden so far. Keenan's constant shuffling does leave a bit to be desired though. I agree with the guy who mentioned McE getting some more starts. He's on a one year contract, and he's probably not going to stay sadly, but giving him some starts will make him better prepared in case of a kipper injury since he's playing all the time, or possibly fatigue (ala last year).

serratedmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Northern Neighbour

Kiprusoff definitely was the story early on and gave the team a chance to win. After Iginla's goal, the team played an excellent defensive road game. The puck support has been great of late and every line is contributing. Great effort by the team after a slow start.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I was thinking about this tonight as well. I think I would be starting McElhinney on Wednesday regardless of how we do on Tuesday though.
I am usually one of the biggest supporters of starting McElhinney more often, but I hope for selfish reasons, that Keenan does not start him Wednesday!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 11:19 AM
DownInFlames

Great game. Great start to the road trip. Gio and Pardy are stepping up. Aucoin looks more and more expendable with the emergence of these two. I am in complete agreement with Lunatik that Lombo should be packaged with Aucoin. Lombo is good and all we just don't really need him once young Boyd is back. Lombo is getting outplayed by at least 8 players and he could be worth something in a trade.

Kipper, MVP, played an incredible game. His rebound control was impeccible.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Kipper's hot. He needs to play both games.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Also to note Peters has been sent down according to Rob Kerr (can't find a link anywhere). Good debut for Peters and I imagine he'll be back up if needed. Also probably means Boyd will be back in the lineup.

Yeah, Peter Maher just confirmed on the Fan 960 that Dustin Boyd will play tomorrow.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Yeah, Peter Maher just confirmed on the Fan 960 that Dustin Boyd will play tomorrow.
Now that is great news.

I expect Kipper to play the entire road trip the way he is on his game right now.

Old
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
flamesfan12

So where does Boyd fit in now? Start him slow on the fourth line for a game or two? Try to get him back up in the top 6? Nice to have the depth that is for sure.

Old
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
So where does Boyd fit in now? Start him slow on the fourth line for a game or two? Try to get him back up in the top 6? Nice to have the depth that is for sure.
This is a new problem that I am getting to like! Team depth and chemistry with a hot goalie...

Old
12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I am guessing he will start on the 4th as you suggest... but I think we could see him stay there but get PP time... although if he plays with the same fire he had prior to the injury I would like to see him with Conroy and Bourque very soon... I can only imagine the complaining from Flames fans when their beloved Lombardi gets bumped to the 4th line as a result

Glencross - Cammalleri - Iginla
Bertuzzi - Langkow - Moss
Boyd - Conroy - Bourque
Nystrom - Lombardi - Roy

the reason why this wouldn't be so bad is you will see all of Iginla, Bourque and Bertuzzi double shift and play a bit with Nystrom/Lombardi

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:32 AM
flamesfan12

While I have loved what Glencross has done this season I really don't see him as a first line guy. Perfect 3rd liner who can at times fill in the top 6 when needed.

Either way with Boyd healthy I don't really think we will see set lines. Whoever is hot will be playing on the top 2 lines and at the moment that is Moss and Glencross. I like the depth on this team.

Old
12-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Danny__K

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I know the PGTs were originally my idea... but doesn't it seem kind of pointless when there is fewer than 50 posts in a GDT?...
possibly true. but the PGT poll is cool.

Danny__K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny__K View Post
possibly true. but the PGT poll is cool.
its definitely true.... and a poll could be added by a mod after the game is over

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote