HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Proposal: MTL-MIN

Old
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
C4KOMI

vCash: 500
awful. plus 2 brothers on a same team almost never works out, you have the example already in montreal.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
So let's not try to get him then.

Every time a player has a good year we see a thread on here that we have to go out and get that player even if it costs half our roster.
Your comparison between M.Koivu and M.Richards, the perfect amalgam of an offensive and defensive center, is bang on and that's exactly what I had in mind except that M.Koivu is bigger and has a meaner streak to him. He's the type of guy like Komo that will push you back down after giving you a solid hit.
That's why we'll have to overpay to get him and since we don't have anyone who projects to be a No1 center like that, I think it's alright to overpay. We have great winger depth ready for the big club and a greath defensive depth that we should use to fix the holes on our team.

Higgins and Plekanec, even though they are slumping right now, have great value across the league because they are still RFA and have shown that they can produce at a high level. We bash Higgins at the moment because we're lucky and we don't know what we have, but most GM in the league crave for a player like Higgins who's defensively responsible, good for 25/30 goals a year and good in the locker room.

Last edited by JAVO16: 12-08-2008 at 01:55 PM.
JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
awful. plus 2 brothers on a same team almost never works out, you have the example already in montreal.
The Richard brothers?

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
The Richard brothers?
I think he forgot the

Old
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Actually, I believe a smaller trade, involving G. Latendresse for Marc-Andre Bergeron is a possibility. The Wild have some depth on defence, and could use some more depth at forward. The Wild would gain a little cap space, and be able to retain Latendresse's rights longer, since he will be a RFA in the summer. Bergeron could give the Habs a good shooter from the point on the power play, something they've been missing this season. Since he's expecting to be a UFA in the summer, the Wild may be more willing to give him up if he hasn't indicated he's willing to stay in Minnesota.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
RE-HABS

Mikko would be awesome to have, but he is the franchise player in Minny over Bouchard, Gaborik and others.

He has size, leadership and a good two way game as well to go with his youth.

We almost had a chance to have him, Minny picked him 6th overall before our pick in 2001. We had to settle for some guy named Mike Komisarek.

Ben Maxwell has the potential to be a Mikko Koivu type of player, we have one in the system already as far as I'm concerned.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:35 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout View Post
Actually, I believe a smaller trade, involving G. Latendresse for Marc-Andre Bergeron is a possibility. The Wild have some depth on defence, and could use some more depth at forward. The Wild would gain a little cap space, and be able to retain Latendresse's rights longer, since he will be a RFA in the summer. Bergeron could give the Habs a good shooter from the point on the power play, something they've been missing this season. Since he's expecting to be a UFA in the summer, the Wild may be more willing to give him up if he hasn't indicated he's willing to stay in Minnesota.
That's a major over payment for a player who has been dumped all over the league because of his weak defensive game and lack of size. If we wanted Bergeron we could have him for a pick, not a roster player or prospect.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Nix that chite.

Let's just wait for July 2011. Won't need to lose any players, and we'll have two aces in our hands to pull it off. 1- Lemaire and Minesota being what they are 2- Saku

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
That's a major over payment for a player who has been dumped all over the league because of his weak defensive game and lack of size. If we wanted Bergeron we could have him for a pick, not a roster player or prospect.
I would'nt say "major" overpayment. You know, not everybody sees Guillaume as the promised super talented godly powerforward you and others seem to think he is, or will be.

Yes, overpayment, but not by much.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:20 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I would'nt say "major" overpayment. You know, not everybody sees Guillaume as the promised super talented godly powerforward you and others seem to think he is, or will be.

Yes, overpayment, but not by much.
Exactly, I knew it was an overpayment, but not on a massive one. And, like I said, the only way we could get him is if we overpay.

I don't think we only have to wait until 2011 though. Mikko seems like Saku in that regard, a player really loyal to his team and franchise. Finally, I don't think he'd sign with us to play with Saku since they didn't grow up together. I'm sure he wouldn't be unhappy if he was traded on a team with Saku which is why I think he would produce here too.

Last edited by JAVO16: 12-09-2008 at 12:31 PM.