HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beating God's team and The Refs In The Same Game Edition

Old
12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Vanek - Connolly - Pominville
Gerbe - Roy - Stafford
Hecht - Gaustad - Paille
Kotalik - Mair - Afinogenov

Hm... interesting for sure.
trade max for anything, put Kaleta back in

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
trade max for anything, put Kaleta back in
Actually I forgot about MacArthur too. ****.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Actually I forgot about MacArthur too. ****.
scratch him. he doesn't have a role.

Old
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
YoGman

Quote:
Vanek - Connolly - Pominville
Gerbe - Roy - Stafford
Hecht - Gaustad - Paille
Kotalik - Mair - Afinogenov

Hm... interesting for sure.
Don't know about two guys 5 1/2' tall on the same line. Opposing teams could exploit size defficiency along the boards in our zone. God knows we don't have the Dmen to cover....

YoGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Don't know about two guys 5 1/2' tall on the same line. Opposing teams could exploit size defficiency along the boards in our zone...
It's the exact same line we've put out the last two games

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Don't know about two guys 5 1/2' tall on the same line. Opposing teams could exploit size defficiency along the boards in our zone. God knows we don't have the Dmen to cover....
they've looked pretty good together so far

Old
12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

A reading from the book of Gary Bettman:

In those days once played Mario, also owning the club at the igloo.

Now Mario wore a sweater made of hair, with a penguin on it, and leather gloves on his hands, and his food was pasta, chicken, and gatorade, locusts, and wild honey.

All went out to him the Pittsburghers, and the Alleghenians, and all from around the confluence. And he said, "One greater than I is to come".

Then Sidney came from Nova Scotia, to the confluence, to Mario, to be tutored by him.

As Sidney approached, Mario said, "I am not worthy to unlace your ice skates.", and Sidney said, "do it for now, to fulfill what should be".

And immediately after his skates were laced, the heavens opened from above, the Versus logo descended on a spotlight, alighting on him, and lo, a voice from a very short Gary Bettman saying, "This is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased."

As Sidney was walking the Monongahela trail, he passed two blind men clad in black and white striped shirts, with bright orange arm-bands. They sensed his presence and cried out to him, saying, "Help us." Sidney was moved with pity for them, and gave them each a shiny whistle. They asked, "How can we repay you?" He said, "Follow me, and blow it whenever I tell you."

As Sidney was walking to the igloo, he began to tell the people, "I will win you a Stanley Cup." As he walked by the confluence, he saw some Russians, a few Americans, and several Canadians (including a couple who spoke French), playing pickup games in the street. He said, "Come, follow me." And, immediately they left their nets and followed him.

Sidney was with the others, and a great crowd had gathered to see him at the igloo. He skated onto the ice, with the others, so that the crowd would not press upon him. The others turned to him and said, "It is late, these people have been traveling, are tired, yet we have nothing to entertain them with." One of the others said, "There is a boy here, but all he has are these five sticks and two pucks."
Sidney said to the others, "After the anthem, make them sit down." Now there were many seats in the igloo, so the people sat down. Their number was about 16,000. Sidney took the sticks and pucks, gave thanks that he would not be hooked, held, or impeded in any way, and distributed them to the others, making sure they got a rightie or leftie as they desired. After they finished playing their contest, the sticks and pucks were gathered up, and they filled 12 buckets.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

Now Mario wore a sweater made of hair, with a penguin on it, and leather gloves on his hands, and his food was pasta, chicken, and gatorade, locusts, and wild honey.

All went out to him the Pittsburghers, and the Alleghenians, and all from around the confluence. And he said, "One greater than I is to come".

Then Sidney came from Nova Scotia, to the confluence, to Mario, to be tutored by him.

As Sidney approached, Mario said, "I am not worthy to unlace your ice skates.", and Sidney said, "do it for now, to fulfill what should be".

And immediately after his skates were laced, the heavens opened from above, the Versus logo descended on a spotlight, alighting on him, and lo, a voice from a very short Gary Bettman saying, "This is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased."

As Sidney was walking the Monongahela trail, he passed two blind men clad in black and white striped shirts, with bright orange arm-bands. They sensed his presence and cried out to him, saying, "Help us." Sidney was moved with pity for them, and gave them each a shiny whistle. They asked, "How can we repay you?" He said, "Follow me, and blow it whenever I tell you."

As Sidney was walking to the igloo, he began to tell the people, "I will win you a Stanley Cup." As he walked by the confluence, he saw some Russians, a few Americans, and several Canadians (including a couple who spoke French), playing pickup games in the street. He said, "Come, follow me." And, immediately they left their nets and followed him.

Sidney was with the others, and a great crowd had gathered to see him at the igloo. He skated onto the ice, with the others, so that the crowd would not press upon him. The others turned to him and said, "It is late, these people have been traveling, are tired, yet we have nothing to entertain them with." One of the others said, "There is a boy here, but all he has are these five sticks and two pucks."
Sidney said to the others, "After the anthem, make them sit down." Now there were many seats in the igloo, so the people sat down. Their number was about 16,000. Sidney took the sticks and pucks, gave thanks that he would not be hooked, held, or impeded in any way, and distributed them to the others, making sure they got a rightie or leftie as they desired. After they finished playing their contest, the sticks and pucks were gathered up, and they filled 12 buckets.
Bravo

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post

Fantastic

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
they've looked pretty good together so far
meh- against pit and tb. let's see how they perform against some more physical d's.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
meh- against pit and tb. let's see how they perform against some more physical d's.
the bigger the D men, the easier it will be to skate between their legs

Roy-Gerbe has looked good, don't mess with a good thing. 2 of the 3 best games Roy played this year were the last 2 games.

Old
12-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
the bigger the D men, the easier it will be to skate between their legs

Roy-Gerbe has looked good, don't mess with a good thing. 2 of the 3 best games Roy played this year were the last 2 games.
yep- though stafford's game has picked up as well.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
yep- though stafford's game has picked up as well.
Agreed....although I think that had started 6-8 games ago. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago that mentioned Max coming back into the lineup, and who was going to sit in his place where I mentioned that Stafford's game was starting to come on.....he's had a couple of iffy games since then, but overall the trend is positive.

Last edited by jflory81: 12-09-2008 at 02:33 PM.
jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:10 PM
SpachoMan

Send a message via AIM to SpachoMan
The team defense was stellar last night. Usually, three goals against is nothing to write home about but when looking at the circumstances it was very impressive. The first two goals could be blamed on the D getting schooled but in reality they were amazing plays by Malkin. I'm sure that they could have been prevented but I won't really hold it against our team D, very few teams would have stopped Malkin on those plays.

The third goal was on a 5 on 3, they were bound to score eventually and it was a great shot by Letang. You rarely hold the defense accountable for a 5 on 3 goal against. Killing off the next one made up for it in full.

After that especially, the D really bucked down. They stopped respecting Malkin and Crosby and made them pay when they tried dancing to the net. All three pairings, though the top two in particular, did a great job of collapsing to the net and Miller made the saves. I'm very happy with the effort and even though we allowed the three goals I think it was one of the best defensive games from a Sabre standpoint we've seen all season.

Sekera I thought was struggling in the first but he came into his own in the second and looks great with Lydman. Rivet and Spacek seem promising as a pair, too.

SpachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:31 PM
MayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Maybe it was because the game was in HD, but I didn't mind the Versus coverage either. I thought they gave Miller, Vanek, and the Sabres plenty of talk.
Yeah, I don't know why people are complaining so much about the coverage.

I only saw the 2nd and 3rd periods, but from what I saw, Versus gushed over how dominant the Sabres PK is. They talked a lot about how Ryan Miller was coming up with big saves. And they talked up Vanek quite a bit too. During the 2nd intermission, they talked about how dangerous he was even though he hadn't showed up on the scoresheet, and one of the Versus guys predicted that Vanek could break through in the 3rd.

Sadly, my Versus HD channel was on the fritz for some reason, so I had to watch regular Versus. Ah well, at least I got to see the game.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote