HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I'm Gainey for 5 min...

Old
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I stopped reading, and started laughing at Perez for 7 mil
5 mins? It took me 5 seconds to laugh at him when he said offering Perez 7 mill isn't much of a risk!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
ThaDevilGirl

If Sergei is a small, skilled player, then what is Perez? A dwarf?

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:23 AM
habsfan56

whats the hate for sergei, people tend to forget he's just a 2nd year player. His play will turn around. Players just dont forget how to play good, unless your jose

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
1-

Paccioretty could get a call up at some point to make our team tougher if needed..
Have you seen any Bulldog games lately?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Mad Habber

If you were Gainey for 5 minutes, it would take you 30 seconds to get fired.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
shealy04

THe only way Sergei gets traded is if we get immediate help in return for this year... why would you trade away a promising, young player for a "shot" at a high draft pick?

Ridiculous.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

The only thing I will add :

Ardee-haarr-haarr...

And uhm, if Perez is captain Hook, does that make Carbo Peter Pan?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Sergei isn't going to be traded. He's been benched for a few games but it's not the end of the world. He needs to mature a little bit and that will come with age.

If Hab fans (this isn't directed to anyone in particular) would just watch and follow other teams in the NHL then maybe they would understand that the stuff that is happening to our team and with the players HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM. Young players get sent to the pressbox, it happens.
Great post man...i've been saying this for the last two weeks.

I don't know why Kostitsyn and Latendresse being benched, means that they're all of a sudden on the trading block or that the organization has thrown in the towel. Both of these guys AND O'Byrne are key parts to the immediate and long term future of the Habs.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
THe only way Sergei gets traded is if we get immediate help in return for this year... why would you trade away a promising, young player for a "shot" at a high draft pick?

Ridiculous.
Well, it is the 2009 draft, the most anticipated draft since 2003, with a bulk of talent and a few future franchise players.

Although, I do agree we have many 6 foot wingers and need some height and weight added to the forwards, we do have Maxwell at 6'1 and MaxPac at 6'3 coming, yet we'll need some more. But would I want to get rid of SKost to take a 'chance' on a 'probable high draft pick from Edmonton? I would tend to say no. Now if we trade SKost to TB for their 1st pick in 2009, then I might say 'HELL YEAH'.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Roulin

Quote:
1- I try to get Oilers' first round pick offering them S.Kostitsyn.. I think we have enough young small skilled wingers on the team for a year where there is alot of pressure to win the cup.. and next draft is in MTL, so having a high draft pick would be amazing.. Dont tell me Andrei Would cry and leave for Russia, they took a very opposite way to get in the NHL and I dont think thats something that would disturb their life so much.. Our line-up would still look solid and Paccioretty could get a call up at some point to make our team tougher if needed..

2- When the season end, I contact Perezhogin's agent and offer him the possibility to come back, I do everything possible to work on a deal.. I would even take the risk to give him 7 millions for 2 years, or 3,5 for 1 year.. The risk isnt big, I give him the opportunity to establish his real value in the NHL, on the other side I give us the opportunity to bring back a beautiful hockey talent that never reached his full potential in the NHL, a guy who after all those years, could finally blossom and become the player we thought he would become.. With a pretty young core of fowards, I think Perez wouldnt take long to feel confortable..

3- The only UFAs I resign are Komisarek and Koivu unless Perez stay at home, then I try to resign Tanguay, not over 5 millions.. About 10 millions saved (Kovalev, Tanguay, Brisebois, Dandy, Begin)

4- I would try hard to sign the best defenseman on the UFA market.. Jay Bouwmeester, I would make him an offer he cant refuse.. If not, there are other pretty interesting guys on the market.. with a strong D, it will be easier for Carbo to work with our young fowards, the competition between them will be sane, no more prima dona like Kovalev to give the bad exemple, everyone will have to push in the same direction..
1 - As it stands now, Edmonton would have the 13th pick. The last few 13th picks: Teubert, Eller, Tlusty, Zagrapan, Stafford, Dustin Brown, Semin, Hemsky, Hainsey. You probably make the deal for Brown, Semin or Hemsky, probably not for any of the rest. I don't like the risk.

2 - I like this idea. I don't think Perezhogin will come back to the NHL - it seems like he just didn't like the lifestyle here. However, he seems to have developed enough to be worth 3.5mil per. Might as well give it a shot.

3 - I disagree about Tanguay, I would go up to 6mil. The way I see things, Tanguay guarantees production, he is a safer bet than any of our other forwards. That aside, cutting Begin loose doesn't save money. His replacement will earn about the same salary.

4 - "I would make him an offer he cant refuse.." IMO, that's a very dangerous stance to take, entering the free agent market. As Billy Beane said, when you feel you absolutely have to do something, that's when you make bad decisions. Who are the last few big time free agents who were made offers they couldn't refuse? Gomez, Briere, Drury, Chara, Khabibulin and Jovanovski is the list I've come up with. I'd say only Chara's signing has been good for his team.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
You mean you resign as GM and check into a mental institute?

But actually you're not that crazy trading to get Edmonton's first pick, cause it could end up being very high, but not for S. Kostitsyn please! Maybe he's sucking now, but as people would say, he's shown some flashes of brilliance, and can become a heck of a player if we let him develop properly.

Perezhogin no thanks.

I actually think Sergei is our forward with the most potential

Given the right situation, he is the one who could become the best player that we have now...

What I mean is that guy would do 60-80 assists with a guy like Kovalchuk

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:45 AM
la25ecoupe

I would slap Carbo in the ass.

la25ecoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
I don't think Edmonton will end up as bad as you may think, their pick very well could be just a few spots closer to the top than the Habs

Doesn't Perez have a contract with the team that has to be ocmpleted before you can offer him a new one?

I'd keep Tanguay around, the guy can make plays and plays well defensivly

2 of the top 6 are rookie players? Nice going, even better, Perez is in the top 6 as well, you rock! 3rd line center is a rookie as well....and another rookie on the 4th.
Did you watch some Oilers games this year? They are aweful, there is no doubt in my mind that they will slip at the bottom of the standing in no time and MacT is probably the next coach to be fired.. A top 5-7 pick without any doubt.. I put my head on the woodshed..

Yes, Tanguay plays well offensively, has experience and plays decent defensively as well, the only knock Ive on him is his softness, he tends to desapear when it becomes more physical, Im liking the guy but I would rather save 5 millions, going with more kids and working to make our team tougher..

That would be a pretty young team up front thats for sure, but it would be easier for Carbo to work with a bunch of kids that wanna learn and improve.. At some point you have to give some young guys more responsabilities, giving them the opportunity to play a bigger role with the team.. Just look at A.Kost since liberated from playing with Kovy.. We have guys like Pleks Higgins as young vets as well.. Chipchura would be already playing with the Habs if it wasnt of the 100th.. Gainey decided to go with Lang to increase our chances to win the cup.. Thats the year.. There will be less pressure next year to win it all, so I expect Gainey to bet on the youth up front, giving our kids the opportunity to establish their value at the NHL level.. Thats why I would not be surprised to see Gainey try hard to convince Perezhogin to come back in the NHL, offering him similar money guys like Higgins Pleks A.Kost will get.. A.Kost is already signed at 3 millions per year, I expect Higgins and Pleks to get similar money, so why not take a chance on Perezhogin who is dominating the KHL, offering him 3 millions for 1 year or 6 millions for 2 year, giving him another chance to make his mark at the NHL level? After that contract expire, you sit back at the table with his agent to renegociate a new contract depending how he did.. We have little to lose, but so much to gain, if someone can come back big in this league, its him!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
If Sergei is a small, skilled player, then what is Perez? A dwarf?
Go ask Keith Primeau how soft Perez was..

Perez was 6"0 over 200 lbs, was solid on his skates and was definitely looking stronger than S.Kost, whats to expect considering how young Sergei is..

Old
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan56 View Post
whats the hate for sergei, people tend to forget he's just a 2nd year player. His play will turn around. Players just dont forget how to play good, unless your jose
Ive nothing against Sergei I think he will become a pretty good player but this year is the big year, 100th, there is alot of pressure to win, there is no place for passengers and I dont think Sergei reached the maturity yet to help this team winning, especially against big skilled disciplined teams like Boston, San Jose where there is basically no room on the ice to make a play, the time to react is extremmely short.. Sergei hasnt reached that level yet and doesnt look mature enough physically to face those teams.. Sending him back to Hamilton? Doesnt look like the best option to me, getting an early first round pick could be a very interesting option..

Old
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
1 - As it stands now, Edmonton would have the 13th pick. The last few 13th picks: Teubert, Eller, Tlusty, Zagrapan, Stafford, Dustin Brown, Semin, Hemsky, Hainsey. You probably make the deal for Brown, Semin or Hemsky, probably not for any of the rest. I don't like the risk.
What are you trying to prove? 1 is questionable, 3 are key to their team and 3 are 20 or under. Do you even know the last 2?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Judge Sauer*

Did I watch the Oilers? Just about 3 games, I'm sure it's three games more than you have. The Oilers for a top 7 pick? Don't see it happening even if Mactavish got fired.
You know who's all worse? Dallas, Columbus, Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta, Isles and a few others will end up with a worse record.

Tanguay is soft? You reading what Keenan has been saying instead of watching him on the ice? He takes hits to make plays and threw a couple decent ones last week. He doesn't dissappear, you probably just went on a washroom break.

Almost half the forward corp being a rookie is Ok with you? Name me the last team that did this and went deep into the playoffs or even past the first round.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
I'm Gainey for 5 min...
So we're now the Montréal Bulldogs.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

I think S. Kost is as good as any 15th pick can be...

It makes no sense, we have a good player that's cold right now, you want to trade him for a potential bust... hum no way... And even if he isn't filling the scoresheet right now, Sergei plays good 2-way hockey...

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 04:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMario View Post
I think S. Kost is as good as any 15th pick can be...

It makes no sense, we have a good player that's cold right now, you want to trade him for a potential bust... hum no way... And even if he isn't filling the scoresheet right now, Sergei plays good 2-way hockey...
Ottawa traded Meszaros to the Lightning last year, they got their first round pick.. Who would have thought that Ottawa would be closer to get Tavares than Toronto.. hehe

Oilers arent a mid ranking team, they will end the year at the bottom of the standing believe me..

Old
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Did I watch the Oilers? Just about 3 games, I'm sure it's three games more than you have. The Oilers for a top 7 pick? Don't see it happening even if Mactavish got fired.
You know who's all worse? Dallas, Columbus, Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta, Isles and a few others will end up with a worse record.

Tanguay is soft? You reading what Keenan has been saying instead of watching him on the ice? He takes hits to make plays and threw a couple decent ones last week. He doesn't dissappear, you probably just went on a washroom break.

Almost half the forward corp being a rookie is Ok with you? Name me the last team that did this and went deep into the playoffs or even past the first round.
I watched between 5-10 Oilers game this year, they are horrible defensively, this team is going nowhere..

If I say that Tanguay is somewhat soft, its not because Keenan has said that, you should know me better.. I watch the guy play and its obvious he doesnt like to have his nose dirty.. I like what he is doing for us right now but I wouldnt invest 5 millions on him, especially considering the depth we have on the wings..

Old
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Go ask Keith Primeau how soft Perez was..

Perez was 6"0 over 200 lbs, was solid on his skates and was definitely looking stronger than S.Kost, whats to expect considering how young Sergei is..
Go ask Steve Downie how soft Skost is...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 04:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
So we're now the Montréal Bulldogs.
Isnt Chipchura NHL caliber?

Isnt DAgostini NHL caliber?

Is it stupid to think Paccioretty might be NHL caliber at worst to start the next season? I just like how he cuts the ice, how big he plays.. Is it unrealist to think he could have about the same impact Wheeler is having with the Bruins?

Am I crazy to think Stewart has what it takes to play on our fourth line next year?

May I still dream about Perezhogin becoming the player I always tought he would become?

Im proposing to add another impact defenseman to the team, what would make our D one of the best in the league if not the best one..