HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Halak

Old
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
HabsHockey

vCash: 500
Halak

Seriously,

This kid is a good goalie, but every time he plays it seems like the Habs seem to play worse defensively than they do with Price in nets.

Happy this kid is here with us, for now, but that's the point i think someone is gonna pick this guy up from us in the next 3 years and he will be a starter one day for another team.

Just wondering how long we have left with these 2 great kids in net.

Gainey better sign one to a multi year deal.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 07:19 PM
TheCH*

This kid was ready to be a starter in the nhl since the year he almost led us into the playoffs. Its a disservice that a great young goalie like him will only get 20 odd starts.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Down low

Anyone else think Halak tracks the puck better down low?

Carey Price has a habit of losing the puck when it's in the crease, or during little scrums or rebounds sometimes he seems clued out as to its location. Even during good games, he seems to lose the puck beneath him or directly in his vicinity.

Tonight I watched Halak seem to have modern radar for where the puck was even during the craziest moshing around the net... I know that was one game but so I was wondering if anyone who remembers more of his play might way in on that??

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Go Habs Go

Halak isn't a bad goalie but a starter he is not... yet. The guy really needs to work on his rebound control, he's starting to look like Aebisher out there. The good news is, he's very young still. By the age of 25-26, he should be pretty damn solid.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Halak just had one of the worse rebound control i ever seen tonight, sure he was great. But his rebound control could have cost us a lot tonight.

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
Halak just had one of the worse rebound control i ever seen tonight, sure he was great. But his rebound control could have cost us a lot tonight.
Yeah and if we didn't score 4 goals we could have lost, but so what.

Anyway, the only way to work on the little things he needs to is to play. Thats not gonna happen here, although i personally think given the same opportunity as Price, he would do just as good. It ain't easy to look perfectly fresh when you only play every 2 or 3 weeks.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote