Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Nathan Horton.

Old
12-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Wpg Jets Fan

vCash: 500
Nathan Horton.

Sources say Nathon Horton of the Flordia Panters is being shopped.

EKLUND-HOCKEYBUZZ
*The Canucks (e3), Sabres (e3) and Flames (e2)are all VERY interesterd in Nathan Horton.

SPECTOR
The Panthers are trying to move C Nathan Horton. He is scheduled to make an average of $4 million on a contract that runs through the 2012-13 season, which could make him difficult to trade.
LINK:http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...58216-sun.html

also note: LW Rostislav Olesz and C Brett McLean can be had for a draft pick ...

He's a beauty what kinda deal would get him into a Flames jersey?

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
Sources say Nathon Horton of the Flordia Panters is being shopped.

EKLUND-HOCKEYBUZZ
*The Canucks (e3), Sabres (e3) and Flames (e2)are all VERY interesterd in Nathan Horton.

SPECTOR
The Panthers are trying to move C Nathan Horton. He is scheduled to make an average of $4 million on a contract that runs through the 2012-13 season, which could make him difficult to trade.

Two problems: Eklund and the long contract. If this in case remotely true though and the team can swing it, he would be a great acquisition... I am sure the Panthers would want a player like Langkow etc

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Wpg Jets Fan

yeah, langkow, cammy etc..i was just wondering who it would take.. i mean i doubt he would be traded but if he was good
for whoever gets him right.

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Qubax

If it was Cammy plus Aucoin or Sarich for Horton and one of their fringe defencemen I would maybe do it....

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
If it was Cammy plus Aucoin or Sarich for Horton and one of their fringe defencemen I would maybe do it....
Florida would likely want young, cheap players in return. Cammalleri is an UFA after the season, so he doesn't make sense. Ditto with Aucoin. Sarich's deal is likely too long for them, especially if the Panthers think Horton's deal is too long and for too much.

I would imagine that the Panthers would want Boyd, Irving or Pardy, and a high draft pick for Horton. Might be able to substitue Lombardi for Boyd as the Panthers would need a C in return. I would probably deal Lombardi, Irving, and 2nd-round pick for Horton, but I'm not sure if the Panthers would make that deal.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:00 PM
GoFlames

Lombardi and maybe McE or Keetley but I would be hesitant to trade away Irving. Might be a good deal for McE as he will want more minutes.... and is a free agent this summer. Oh well, all speculation but I really dig Horton!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Miko

I think Horton would be a great first/second line center for this team.Its just that the return would huge from the flames stand point.

The panthers would probably ask for Backlund ,Lombardi and maybe a first in return.If anything were to happen i hope backlund isn't involved.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
ComixZone

Cammalleri + Sarich for Horton + Murphy

or

Lombardi + Sarich + 3rd for Horton + Murphy

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Cool View Post
Cammalleri + Sarich for Horton + Murphy

or

Why would Florida make any of those deals? Please read my post above which explains why Florida likely wouldn't be interested in Cammelleri or Sarich. Specifically, if they think Horton makes too much (5 years left on his contract at $4M per year), why would they want to acquire an impending UFA who will get more than $4M annually on a long-term contract (Cammelleri) and a #4/#5 defenceman that still has 4 years remaining on his contract that pays him $3.6M annually (Sarich)?

AGain, Florida would likely want to receive a combination young, cheap players; top prospects; and/or high draft picks for Horton. They're not going to give Horton away for players who do not fit their long-term plan.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
id definitely do that one

itd keep florida with a good top4 dcore in the likelihood they trade bouwmeester for a top6 forward?

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 06:29 PM
soulj43r

vCash: 50
To get him, we will probably have to deal Backlund or Boyd + Irving or Keetley + Picks.

soulj43r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

You'd have to give up a DAMN good package to get Horton at this point.

I think I'd offer Dustin Boyd, Leland Irving (or Matt Pelech), and Calgary's 2009 1st rounder for Nathan Horton and a 2009 3rd rounder.

You gotta give to get. That 1st is in a deep draft, and I don't think Florida would accept anything less than a first in some package for him.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:56 AM
tfong

I don't really like Horton, hes good but might not be what we're looking for. Plus doubtful you'll get him easily as he is the Panthers next " Olli"

Note: Plus hes not the greatest looking guy, I cringe at his face sometimes as much as Ricci

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:00 AM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
You'd have to give up a DAMN good package to get Horton at this point.

I think I'd offer Dustin Boyd, Leland Irving (or Matt Pelech), and Calgary's 2009 1st rounder for Nathan Horton and a 2009 3rd rounder.

You gotta give to get. That 1st is in a deep draft, and I don't think Florida would accept anything less than a first in some package for him.

Hell no. Our best young forward, our best goalie prospect and our 1st in an extrememly deep draft....no sir. No.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

Quote:
Hell no. Our best young forward, our best goalie prospect and our 1st in an extrememly deep draft....no sir. No.
Well, that's too bad, then. That's what I would give up for Horton, he's a special young talent signed for cheap. I think my offer is more than on par with his value.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Horton is not a Calgary/Western Conference type player. I know how you fans and the organization are with players. He don't fit the mold.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
cross16

Horton is not a guy I would give up futures for. His motivation and work ethic have been called into question in the past and IMO, he work ethic would not fly here or in the Western Conference.

No question it would take a top young player/prospect and top picks to get him. IMO, he isn't worth that at all.

cross16 is offline   Reply With Quote