HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2008, 06:26 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
the NHL's voting system is a farce...

i spend an hour voting (50 votes) and i checked numbers and montreal players went up 1,000 to 2,000 votes in that timespan but yet a player like Whitney goes up by 3,000 votes in that timespan.

Is Whitney even a top 2 defenceman on most teams?

Old
12-09-2008, 06:57 PM
gregk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
the NHL's voting system is a farce...

Is Whitney even a top 2 defenceman on most teams?
Is Whitney even eligible to play in the ASG?

Old
12-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk View Post
Is Whitney even eligible to play in the ASG?
he is just as eligible as Gonchar

Old
12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
axman88

hmmm.....close to 100,000 votes for the Penguins in less than a day...something smells fishy....I'm wondering if we can legally sue the nhl and bettman for discriminating against canadiens fans....taking away votes from us only...just because we will be hockey fans no matter who plays in the all star game...while fans from other cities and states need motivation to continue being fans by watching Crosby and Malkin in the all star game...hmmm.....

Old
12-09-2008, 09:15 PM
MacHabs93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Is it Canadiens or Habs to vote via Txt msg?? Cause last time I tried, I got a response back when I voted Habs, but nothing when I tried Canadiens?

I have an unlimited txt plan, and really want to abuse it!
When I write in Canadiens I get the reply from the NHL... The only problem is I can't seem to be able to vote more then once, by entering the 81812 more than once... Doesn't seem to work on my phone...

Old
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
hmmm.....close to 100,000 votes for the Penguins in less than a day...something smells fishy....I'm wondering if we can legally sue the nhl and bettman for discriminating against canadiens fans....taking away votes from us only...just because we will be hockey fans no matter who plays in the all star game...while fans from other cities and states need motivation to continue being fans by watching Crosby and Malkin in the all star game...hmmm.....
not sure about that but i read an article where you could vote more than once per text message and it was all over a pittsburgh site...and suddenly votes started going up. my question is where is the montreal radio stations on that one?

What are the stations? If a campaign is started habs will go back up...

Old
12-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Sparepart

Does anyone have the NHL email address we send complaints about voter fraud to?

The rules state you cannot vote more then once time per minute. Pens fans are clearly violating this rule with their multi-text message voting.

Hey, if the NHL is going to delete Habs votes, its only fair they delete pens votes too. Cause, NO WAY is it possible that Pens fans could legitimately outvote Habs fans, its just not possible. Habs fans have much much greater numbers of fans.

Old
12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Does anyone have the NHL email address we send complaints about voter fraud to?

The rules state you cannot vote more then once time per minute. Pens fans are clearly violating this rule with their multi-text message voting.

Hey, if the NHL is going to delete Habs votes, its only fair they delete pens votes too. Cause, NO WAY is it possible that Pens fans could legitimately outvote Habs fans, its just not possible. Habs fans have much much greater numbers of fans.
100% Agree. If enough complain perhaps they will void the votes that are cheated. its only fair considering what they have already done

Old
12-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
not sure about that but i read an article where you could vote more than once per text message and it was all over a pittsburgh site...and suddenly votes started going up. my question is where is the montreal radio stations on that one?

What are the stations? If a campaign is started habs will go back up...
Team 990, and CKAC.

Old
12-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Jani8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparepart View Post
Cause, NO WAY is it possible that Pens fans could legitimately outvote Habs fans, its just not possible. Habs fans have much much greater numbers of fans.

Now ask yourself if the rest of the league, outside the Habs fans, wants to see "all-stars" like Tanguay and Kovalev in the ASG instead of Crosby and Malkin? You know everyone can vote, not just Habs fans and Pens fans.

Old
12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani8 View Post
Now ask yourself if the rest of the league, outside the Habs fans, wants to see "all-stars" like Tanguay and Kovalev in the ASG instead of Crosby and Malkin? You know everyone can vote, not just Habs fans and Pens fans.
Now ask yourself if the rest of the league, outside Pens fans, care THAT much if Crosby/Malkin plays the 2nd shift instead of the 1st.

and while at it, ask yourself who's retarded enough to vote for two injured d-men...

Old
12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
But most of Malkin and Crosby votes come from Pens fans. You just have to look at Gonchar/Withney/Fleury votes, don't tell me that a Rangers fan would vote for Fleury instead of Lunqvist and a a Bruins fan would vote for Withney instead of Chara. It's so obvious that the 400 000+ votes that Crosby and Malkin got come from Pens fans only, since Gonchar/Withney/Fleury also got 400 000+ votes.

Old
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Jani8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Now ask yourself if the rest of the league, outside Pens fans, care THAT much if Crosby/Malkin plays the 2nd shift instead of the 1st.
It's not about the 1st shift or the 2nd shift, it's about voting for "deserving" players rather than just homer-votes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
and while at it, ask yourself who's retarded enough to vote for two injured d-men...
Agreed, that's just plain stupid. Well, just as stupid as voting for Komisarek.

Old
12-09-2008, 11:58 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
It's not about the 1st shift or the 2nd shift, it's about voting for "deserving" players rather than just homer-votes,

True, if it wasnt for the votes, guys like Crosby and Malkin would never make it to the ASG...

Old
12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
axman88

Quote:

That's not the point...if u are going to take away votes because of the legality of how they were casted, then don't just focus on the team where the all star game is going to be played (not to mention the team with the most fans in the nhl)....it just shows how far Bettman will go to see the players HE wants to see playing in the all star game...not the FANS

Old
12-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
They are definately using the text message loop-hole !

too bad I don't have a unlimited text message plan

Old
12-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Jani8

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
....it just shows how far Bettman will go to see the players HE wants to see playing in the all star game...not the FANS
Now you're missing the point here, it's also the fans of every other team in the league voting to get Crosby & Malkin there. Do you really think that fans of the rest 29 teams in NHL want to see Tanguay's and Kovalev's in the ASG? Habs fans are a minority against the rest of the NHL fans. Come on, Komisarek in the ASG

Old
12-10-2008, 04:14 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Now you're missing the point here, it's also the fans of every other team in the league voting to get Crosby & Malkin there. Do you really think that fans of the rest 29 teams in NHL want to see Tanguay's and Kovalev's in the ASG? Habs fans are a minority against the rest of the NHL fans. Come on, Komisarek in the ASG
you like to bring up Crosby and Malkin, but what about Withney, Fleury, Gonchar... gonna tell us it's just a coincidence they're "climbing up" at the same time as the other two ?

BS awnser you gave, and we both know it.

Old
12-10-2008, 06:35 AM
vbelanger

I guess pens fans will enjoy to see their stars booed at an ASG.

Old
12-10-2008, 07:10 AM
BadHabit

A simple way for the NHL to have stopped this would have been to charge 15 cents a text message or something - services do that all the time so you get charged by them even if you have unlimited text.

I think it would be funny for all those Pens fans if somewhere in the fine print on that page it said that each message would be charged at 50 cents. I think we would hear them all scream when opening their bills from here!

Old
12-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Q038

I would think the Habs fans pissed off a few fans across the league with this whole debacle..

I know myself im voting for the top players in the list that are not habs..

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Gonchar, Withney and Fleury

Price, Markov and one of the three hab forwards are shoe ins at this point.. id piss myself laughing though there were no hab starters

Old
12-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q038 View Post
I would think the Habs fans pissed off a few fans across the league with this whole debacle..

Price, Markov and one of the three hab forwards are shoe ins at this point.. id piss myself laughing though there were no hab starters
which means your one of the idiots

Gonchar and Whitney combined dont have enough games to be eligible for the all star game.

Does Komisarek deserve to be there? no, not at all, but that doesnt change the fact that voting for guys who havent played is just as stupid.

Old
12-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Q038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
which means your one of the idiots

Gonchar and Whitney combined dont have enough games to be eligible for the all star game.

Does Komisarek deserve to be there? no, not at all, but that doesnt change the fact that voting for guys who havent played is just as stupid.
Id vote for OJ if it ment pissing you off even more

get over yourself

Old
12-10-2008, 08:23 AM
axman88

Quote:

Those players are considered top in the league??? Whitney and Gonchar are both injured...and Green (from washington) and Chara are the top defensman in the east....and Fleury?!?!?! Tim Thomas is the top goalie not a hab...don't give us that bull that u are voting the top players

Old
12-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Theran189

Quote:

Yeah... Markov could win the Norris but is deserving less than Withney and Gonchar that have combined 0 assist, 0 goal, 0 game played.

And we are pissing off the league? Come on, this is just dumb!

Closed Thread