HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs extenguish the Flammeches

Old
12-10-2008, 11:41 AM
antoniojr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Anyone else notice Kovalev has gone back to his Gold Warrior two piece shaft? He was using a white Warrior one before. Think that may have had something to do with his shooting? He did place a much better game last night.
I actually mentioned that to my dad the other day, sarcastically. Said I thought Kovy should try going back to his old twig, maybe it'd help get his game back. I'm sure at this point he's down to try anything to get in the Goal column.

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Pascal

i just heard Keenan's comments on the refs and the "knee on knee hit"... he didn't mention the goal we missed because his player pushed the net off on purpose of course... or the number of interference calls the refs didn't make on his team.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Iwishihadacup

the highlight of the night: Iginla trying to go with Brisebois

I give a big at that

Brisebois wouldnt fight Brian Gionta to save his life

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
the highlight of the night: Iginla trying to go with Brisebois

I give a big at that

Brisebois wouldnt fight Brian Gionta to save his life
What are you talking about? Didn't you see that Iginla was afraid? You could see the fear in Iginla's eyes.....the fear of maybe killing Brisebois if he had drop the gloves...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What are you talking about? Didn't you see that Iginla was afraid? You could see the fear in Iginla's eyes.....the fear of maybe killing Brisebois if he had drop the gloves...
Brilliant

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
People ragging on Phaneuf is hilarious.

Despite being over-hyped he's still a talent and is only 23. There's a lot of time for him to round out his game. Big deal, he's not a cyborg and has some weaknesses.
what's wrong is putting him in the top5-10 D in the league. He's not even close. He sucks. But I agree that he's young and he has a lot of time to improve. But he might be a case of a player who peaked really young imo.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
what's wrong is putting him in the top5-10 D in the league. He's not even close. He sucks. But I agree that he's young and he has a lot of time to improve. But he might be a case of a player who peaked really young imo.
Sucks?..okay there..

Overhype is one thing, sucking is another. You just lost all credibility.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Im a big Iginla fan....the guy is awesome, but make no mistake, Big Georges would kill him in a scrap (if he could get that visor off!).

Kinda puzzled why Carbo would sit BGL against a physical team like the Flames, but oh well no harm done and it was a nice win.
Not saying he wouldn't...just saying, I don't think Iginla does anything different last night whether or not Laraque is on the bench/ice.

Iginla's fearless...a great, great player and an underestimated one as well

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Whatever credibility you had, you just lost it ALL, right there.
+1, you can't even compare Phaneuf to Bourque at this moment, never mind saying he's better. Bourque was elite at BOTH sides of the ice. Phaneuf is barely elite on the offensive side and is merely average in the defensive end from what I've seen this year.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Guillemin

Best game I've watched this year. Too bad it wasn't national on HNIC so everyone in the country could see what a talented team this can be.

Keep the momentum against the Bolts.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Keep the momentum against the Bolts.
That will be so tough to do. A team that struggles like they do with frenchies coming over....recipe for disaster....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i just heard Keenan's comments on the refs and the "knee on knee hit"... he didn't mention the goal we missed because his player pushed the net off on purpose of course... or the number of interference calls the refs didn't make on his team.
Yep - I rewatched that several times now. Giordano clearly and obviously charged into the crossbar - the only other person there at the time was Kipper, so unless he's trying to crosscheck his own goalie in the head....He might have, though, not too bright these flames

Ref clearly taking pity on them - they needed it.

As for the knee? It was an accident, and Big George will be dressed to let them know (in February).

Last edited by Davebo: 12-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
ehh that guy was a Norris candidate last year.

Please be serious for a second, with Iginla, he is their franchise player.

You might peak early talent wise but you will always get better with time because of the experience factor, even more for a defenseman (unless you are on the decline because of your physical abilities).

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That made me laugh so hard.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sucks?..okay there..

Overhype is one thing, sucking is another. You just lost all credibility.
yeah, I didn't want to type three lines to explain he was underacheiving so I took the easier way to put it down into words and said he sucks. But you know what I mean, he's not even close to be what some people pretend. But he hits hard and he's good offensively, so he doesn't really sucks lol.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Pr3Va1L

Completely different player than say, Markov.

The D ability will probably come with time, but the big thing about this guy is he's a leader (like Iginla) and he's ALWAYS showing up.

Markov, I'm sure, is barely visible in the room..

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:42 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
ehh that guy was a Norris candidate last year.
Most of the awards are awarded on hype, which is the only reason Phaneuf was considered ahead of some of the other candidates.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Anyone catch Dandenault go to the front of the net as a defender with a broken arm? Say what you want, but that took guts - big time.

One other thing that I've just noticed on rewatching is that gutless puke Boyd crosschecks Dandenault in the BACK and left shoulder when Dandenault does his hero routine. No respect at all for Boyd - I hear he's injury prone - can't happen too soon for me.

Davebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
I actually mentioned that to my dad the other day, sarcastically. Said I thought Kovy should try going back to his old twig, maybe it'd help get his game back. I'm sure at this point he's down to try anything to get in the Goal column.
Ya, he actually switched last game back to it. In his only other game using it this season he scored a goal, so I guess he figured he might be able to change his luck by going back to it. Btw his black AK27 was also a two peice.

Did anyone else think he scored on the Markov goal? I didn't really see too many comments about it. The way the puck slowed down and the way he celebrated, I was so happy for him to finally score...

Adam91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Ya, he actually switched last game back to it. In his only other game using it this season he scored a goal, so I guess he figured he might be able to change his luck by going back to it. Btw his black AK27 was also a two peice.

Did anyone else think he scored on the Markov goal? I didn't really see too many comments about it. The way the puck slowed down and the way he celebrated, I was so happy for him to finally score...
I thought so too, it changed direction, I was sure he tipped it. Didn't see until today that Markov got credit.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Anyone catch Dandenault go to the front of the net as a defender with a broken arm? Say what you want, but that took guts - big time.

One other thing that I've just noticed on rewatching is that gutless puke Boyd crosschecks Dandenault in the BACK and left shoulder when Dandenault does his hero routine. No respect at all for Boyd - I hear he's injury prone - can't happen too soon for me.
I've never been a big fan of Dandenault, even before he became a Hab. But he earned a lot of respect from me these last few games. Being able to come back and play decent defense, after not playing that position for quite sometime is commendable.

Throw in the part that I've bolded, and I'm ready to order up an order of crow.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Carbo N8

[QUOTE=Habs10Habs;16742568]I've never been a big fan of Dandenault, even before he became a Hab. But he earned a lot of respect from me these last few games. Being able to come back and play decent defense, after not playing that position for quite sometime is commendable.

Throw in the part that I've bolded, and I'm ready to order up an order of crow.[/QUOTE]

That includes a lot of us I think. Good to see you back on the job as a mod.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Most of the awards are awarded on hype, which is the only reason Phaneuf was considered ahead of some of the other candidates.
17 goals, 60 points, +12 and 182 PIM. That a pretty damn good reason for me.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Much as I admire A.Kost (and I really do), I wish the Habs had picked 9th instead of 10th in the 2003 draft and selected Phaneuf.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote