HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguin Vote Stuffing?

Old
12-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Spectaculard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyTea View Post
Wait a minute. Are Habs fans complaining about Pens fans stuffing the box?
How bout' them Jets?

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Once again,

FAN VOTING FOR ALL STAR GAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO DESERVES SOMETHING, BUT WHO IS MOST POPULAR.

Jesus christ this just pisses me off. This is a popularity contest, not a "who is the best" contest. That's the very reason why the Stanley Cup Champions and the host of the All-Star Game have the most selectable without written ballot players on the All-Star Game voting.

So stop with the "Crosby deserves it more" or "Kovalev doesn't deserve to be there" nonsense. Like it was said a few years back, if Rory Fitzpatrick is popular enough to be in the ASG, so be it. It's funny, because if this was an All-Star ballot vote in 2003 and the games were held in Toronto, you know Tie Domi would be in the starting lineup for the Eastern Conference All-Stars.
Kovalev is not even the 20th most popular amongst Habs fans right now. If popularity and having the most fans would be the thing, Kostopoulos would have more votes than Kovy. So go vote for Kostopoulos!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
habsfan56

what pisses me off is how the hell did crosby get so many votes so quickly, if habs fan 'cheated' what are crosby/pens fans doing now.

habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Just pathetic.

Business as usual for the NHL.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Delat

What I don't understand is why everybody make it seems like it's over, we can still make it. All we need is to send messages everywhere, to RDS if that is possible. We can still bring our guys to the All-star game, and god please no Claude Julien behind the bench...

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
What I don't understand is why everybody make it seems like it's over, we can still make it. All we need is to send messages everywhere, to RDS if that is possible. We can still bring our guys to the All-star game, and god please no Claude Julien behind the bench...
If that happens, for the first time of the history of the all-star game, a coach will use the trap and bench players who don't try to hook, interfere or trip opposing players.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Sorrry, too busy mailing Weiss some money to give you a response to that.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Shred

By the way is there somewhere we can see the updated vote tally live or we have to wait for the nhl to make news with it every few days?

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
We are saying that they should get 20% of their votes removed just like the Habs players did because they're doing the exact same thing. Read the thread next time.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Sleazy P Martini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
We are saying that they should get 20% of their votes removed just like the Habs players did because they're doing the exact same thing. Read the thread next time.
how do you know they're using a script to generate votes?

Sleazy P Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy P Martini View Post
how do you know they're using a script to generate votes?
They are using the cellphone hax loophole. We know because it's all over teh internets.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:05 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Kovalev is not even the 20th most popular amongst Habs fans right now. If popularity and having the most fans would be the thing, Kostopoulos would have more votes than Kovy. So go vote for Kostopoulos!
How do we get Kostopoulos on the ballot?

And don't let message boards fool you as there is only a very very insignificant amount of the habs fan base that actually post online(probably like 0.001%), Kovalev is still very popular among habs fans!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Terminator

I believe that the Pittsburgh Penguins web site offered a method of voting through text messages. All you need to do is type in "pens" and it would vote for the Penguins players. That might explain why Gonchar and Whitney are getting a lot of votes. They are being dragged up by Crosby and Malkin. Neither of them will start, let alone play in the ASG, so I don't see what the fuss is all about. This also probably wouldn't have been an issue if there was no ballot stuffing in the first place.
Just my two cents.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC87 View Post
I believe that the Pittsburgh Penguins web site offered a method of voting through text messages. All you need to do is type in "pens" and it would vote for the Penguins players. That might explain why Gonchar and Whitney are getting a lot of votes. They are being dragged up by Crosby and Malkin. Neither of them will start, let alone play in the ASG, so I don't see what the fuss is all about. This also probably wouldn't have been an issue if there was no ballot stuffing in the first place.
Just my two cents.
No, the HF community hates you guys too.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Whoa Malkin just passed all 3 habs and is in 2nd.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Not only has Crosby (deservedly so) overtaken Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay (with Malkin now a close 5th), but Gonchar and Whitney are fast approaching Markov and Komo plus M.A. Fleury is heating up behind Price. If the NHL checked out Habs ballot stuffing, they may do the same for the Pens-- seems like way to much of a jump in so short a period of time

On a more serious note: assuming Crosby and Malkin finish in the top 3 among forwards, I think Koivu is the most deserving Hab forward to be selected as a starter. Certainly not Kovy (as much as I love watching L'Artiste). At the moment, Kovy has a slight lead over Koivu.
Is this serious?

Let me get this straight - the first and second leading scorers in the entire league are starting to get some love from the voters.... so that threatens the Canadiens from having every starter in the All-Star Game, and your question is about Penguin vote stuffing?

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Is this serious?

Let me get this straight - the first and second leading scorers in the entire league are starting to get some love from the voters.... so that threatens the Canadiens from having every starter in the All-Star Game, and your question is about Penguin vote stuffing?

Nobody has gripes about Crosby and Malkin.
The question about Penguin vot stuffing is because of Whitney and Gonchar, who haven't played a single game and can't participate in the game anyway.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 08:19 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Nobody has gripes about Crosby and Malkin.
The question about Penguin vot stuffing is because of Whitney and Gonchar, who haven't played a single game and can't participate in the game anyway.
Nonetheless, anybody on the Montreal Canadiens board griping about "ballot stuffing" by another team's fanbase looks pretty silly in my opinion.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Not only has Crosby (deservedly so) overtaken Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay (with Malkin now a close 5th), but Gonchar and Whitney are fast approaching Markov and Komo plus M.A. Fleury is heating up behind Price. If the NHL checked out Habs ballot stuffing, they may do the same for the Pens-- seems like way to much of a jump in so short a period of time

On a more serious note: assuming Crosby and Malkin finish in the top 3 among forwards, I think Koivu is the most deserving Hab forward to be selected as a starter. Certainly not Kovy (as much as I love watching L'Artiste). At the moment, Kovy has a slight lead over Koivu.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Phozzwald

honestly i think we should just all keep voting religiously for the habs, becuz i dont see how its possible for this to have happend. Get out habs in there

Phozzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Unbelievable...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=397061

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Being Gene Malkovich

The NHL All Star balloting is a joke. It started with the fact that computers were "stuffing" the ballot box with an automated program, and now has continued with the fact that Ryan Whitney and Sergei Gonchar are on the ballot and thanks to the text message craze, these players (with MA Fleury) are gaining votes on the coattails of two players who deserve to be the starters of the All-Star Game.

I understand that you want your players to be starting the game, but how many of them honestly deserve to be on the team? Malkin and Crosby are 1 and 2 in the league in scoring (and look at their wingers).

To be completely honest, I'd vote for Ovechkin right now and I am a Penguins fan (a.k.a.Caps hater).

So, take the system for what it is, vote using the computer (please no cheating) or your cell phone (I guess there is a way to cheat, so please don't do that) and we will see how it ends.

My guess:

1. Crosby
2. Malkin
3. Koivu

Being Gene Malkovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
bruinforstanley

The irony of this thread......

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

This thread is awesomeness.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Should we blame the fans or the NHL?Everyone knew Gonchar and Whitney were out for a good 2 months each why the hell are they even on the ballot in the first place?NHL should just go back to the old system or make the coaches pick the players
It won't matter for Gonchar and Whitney in any case, as they won't be accepted for having played less than 20 games. I assume it'll default to the next two highest vote getters

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote