HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins injury prone??

Old
12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
And I still say Higgins is a valueable member of this team, because he still contributes even if he is not scoring.

No Lats fan has answered these questions;

1) If Lats is a better player than Higgins, why does he not play on the PP? Kill Penalties?

2) If Lats is a better player than Higgins, why doesn't any other GM want him; he certainly isn't part of any trade rumors.

3) If Lats is not scoring, what else does he bring to the team?

My guess, he will be out of the NHL within 3 years IF he can't find a true niche on this team or any other team.
1- Higgins has lost some of his PP time to D'Ago. Lats was doing well on the PP early, Higgins came back from injury and took over Lats's PP Time. He wasn't doing bad, Carbs just wanted to give Higgins his PP Time because he was pretty much a 30G scorer last year. As for the PK, nobody ever once disputed Higgins is a more complete player.

2- You think you know every single rumor surrounding the Habs?..There was 18Scouts yesterday, since you think you know it all please tell me what were they all after.

3- Lats was leading our team in Hits before he was scratched.

Your guess is as good as crap.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:13 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
No Lats fan has answered these questions;

1) If Lats is a better player than Higgins, why does he not play on the PP? Kill Penalties?

2) If Lats is a better player than Higgins, why doesn't any other GM want him; he certainly isn't part of any trade rumors.

My guess, he will be out of the NHL within 3 years IF he can't find a true niche on this team or any other team.

These are all pretty simple (and obvious) questions:

Lats is not a better player than Higgins...yet. But has more potential.

Because he's not on the block. It makes absolutely no sense to move Lats at this stage in his career.

Physical presence and and puck control.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
These are all pretty simple (and obvious) questions:

Lats is not a better player than Higgins...yet. But has more potential.

Because he's not on the block. It makes absolutely no sense to move Lats at this stage in his career.

Physical presence and and puck control.
2 was correctly answered. 1 & 3, ridiculously answered How do you know he has more potential than Higgins? haha anyways.

Physical presence.. hmm a little. Puck control, not at all. He can't have it for too long because he is slow. And also, Lapierre has a better puck control than Lats We gave too much hype to Lats, and not enough to Lapierre. I would take Lapierre any time in my team before Lats.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:30 PM
smon

Latendresse really would've benefited from a season or two in the AHL. Would have done wonders for his conditioning. I just think it was handed to him too early, he never really had to work for a shot at the bigs - even the first round picks like Kostitsyn (Andrei), Komisarek, Price all had spent considerable time in the AHL improving their games.

It's just too late to send him there now - it would just cause a whole lot of controversy for no reason, and he would probably have attitude problems down there. So, with a forward spot opening up in Montreal...let's see what he can do, before saying he's worse or better than whatever player.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:39 PM
33Roy33

Is there any reports on Higgins MRI results yet? I am assuming the worst, but hopefully it is minor and we don't miss him for too long.

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Latendresse really would've benefited from a season or two in the AHL. Would have done wonders for his conditioning. I just think it was handed to him too early, he never really had to work for a shot at the bigs - even the first round picks like Kostitsyn (Andrei), Komisarek, Price all had spent considerable time in the AHL improving their games.

It's just too late to send him there now - it would just cause a whole lot of controversy for no reason, and he would probably have attitude problems down there. So, with a forward spot opening up in Montreal...let's see what he can do, before saying he's worse or better than whatever player.
Good point. The same is happening to Sergei, he came too early. Now he's struggling a little but still, he does better than Latendresse. As I said earlier, Latendresse was overrated, it was when the Canadiens needed a good forward.

Old
Mue

http://habsinsideout.com/main/12349

Not much news yet.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Yes, he is the most injury prone on our team IMO.

I can't wait to see how this team perform without Mr. Higgins. My guess ? Latendresse will perform better and will easilly fill in Higgins spot.

I said before and I will repeat it again, please Bob, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value.

His injury was unfortunate for Higgins but fortunate for the inferior brother, who was probably spared a stay in Steeltown by virtue of his being related to his superior brother, one of the stars on the team. Even with this reprieve, I doubt whether the inferior brother will notch more than 12 goals this season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
His injury was unfortunate for Higgins but fortunate for the inferior brother, who was probably spared a stay in Steeltown by virtue of his being related to his superior brother, one of the stars on the team. Even with this reprieve, I doubt whether the inferior brother will notch more than 12 goals this season.
ah... come on you two... You don't need to get on each other face like this... Both are just at the same level this year so far

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Outside of Laraque, I don't think theres anyone that Lats can outperform.
OH SNAP!!!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Just curious, but why do you hate Sergei? Because Erika likes him? If so, that would make you quite the fool.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Yes, he is the most injury prone on our team IMO.

I can't wait to see how this team perform without Mr. Higgins. My guess ? Latendresse will perform better and will easilly fill in Higgins spot.

I said before and I will repeat it again, please Bob, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value.

And I say keep him over Tenderness any day of the week.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Just curious, but why do you hate Sergei? Because Erika likes him? If so, that would make you quite the fool.
Good I see that you can write proper english!

But you must stop insulting others

Old
12-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Good I see that you can write proper english!

But you must stop insulting others
I tried this new thing where I copy/paste the dumbest posts I find on youtube and relate them to hockey when I find questionnable comments (carbo having no skill). I didn't insult you trust me .

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-10-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Keep to the topic.
Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:38 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
1- Higgins has lost some of his PP time to D'Ago. Lats was doing well on the PP early, Higgins came back from injury and took over Lats's PP Time. He wasn't doing bad, Carbs just wanted to give Higgins his PP Time because he was pretty much a 30G scorer last year. As for the PK, nobody ever once disputed Higgins is a more complete player.

2- You think you know every single rumor surrounding the Habs?..There was 18Scouts yesterday, since you think you know it all please tell me what were they all after.

3- Lats was leading our team in Hits before he was scratched.

Your guess is as good as crap.
Ever single rumor... lmao.... if you opened your eyes, did a little research it would be pretty easy to figure out what players other GMs consider valuable.

Higgins is a more complete player and has more potential than Lats...it's not even close.

Lats does not have the vision or hockey sense to be any more than a 4th line player in this league.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It has become a routine for him to get injured..Is he becoming injury prone a la Gaborik?..or is it just bad luck??
I have shovelled my driveway 3 days this week. I must be "snow prone".

This is a provocative question that has no real answer.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post

Look at D'agostini!

Imagine Lats with a few years in the AHL

Gainey

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:56 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
All the injuries have been different though. With Gaborik it is always the groin, with Havlat is it always the shoulder. Higgins had an ankle injury when he crashed into the boards and now it's a wrist/shoulder because he was hit awkwardly. Just some bad luck IMO. Look at his career stats, he played 76 games (Hamilton), 80 games, 61 games and 82 games. So he's been hurt twice in 5 years. Nothing to worry about.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 06:19 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 View Post
I was asking myself the same question this morning. I mean, the guy trains like a beast every summer and is one of the most fit Canadiens. All that work out should cut on the small injuries, but he still manages to stretch his groin. It may only be bad luck, but still, I guess it is legitimate to ask ourself the question.
You could be the most sculpted athelete in sports and pull your groin easily. It is one injury that seems to happen to even the fittest players with no injury history.

I don't think we can consider him injury prone because of a groin in pre-season and a shoulder after a hit. If so then Komi should also be thrown into that mix with his shoulder and reports that during the playoffs he was playing hurt from being worn down after a long season. I don't think either of them are injury prone just unlucky.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Well, Kareem, I don't hate actually him, but I do enjoy puncturing overinflated balloons, whether it's the crush on Sergei Kostitsyn or the hype over Guillaume Latendresse. The fans of each frequently combine their infatuations over these two idols with aspersions about other Habs who they feel usurp their heroes' places on the top two lines (usually Higgins and Kovalev, but recently Kostopoulos as well). Who knows, maybe they'll turn their fire on d'Agostino if he goes into a slump. Not long ago Ryder and even Koivu were the whipping boys. It's almost amusing that Ryder is enjoying a better season than SKost and Lats. By now, even the dullards realize that all of the rookies in recent years owe a lot to playing with Koivu, so there's been a ceasefire on that front. Incidentally, many members of the anti-Koivu cabal have either ceased posting on this forum or have changed their board names.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:28 AM
otto bond

He is playing on the edge. He is playing like someone who is affraid to get traded. Result, injuries come more(for this year so far)

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
True, but we haven't completed a 4th season, and we don't know how long he's going to be out for.

I'm willing to give Higgins a bit more time before I consider him injury prone. It wasn't very long ago that Koivu was considered injury prone *knocks on wood*.
Your fault Habs10Habs!

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1990 View Post
Your fault Habs10Habs!
Yes my bad. *Hangs head in shame*

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

So, did Lats outplay anyone tonight? Sergei, was he on the ice at all?

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Yes my bad. *Hangs head in shame*
You should be ashamed H10H.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote