HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread 08-09, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Could it be an indication of a replacement for D'Agostini staying in Montreal.
Perhaps, but there is a more pressing concern in Hamilton. Here is a Hamilton Spec article that discusses the injuries to Michael Aubin and Karl Chipchura. Perhaps

Aubin out for most likely a couple of months, Chipchura is out for at least a week. Double whammy of misfortune there. Aubin was playing his best hockey as a Bulldog that I can remember and the loss of K'C'C is obviously huge for them. They probably need some depth in Hamilton and it sounds like Lats Snr is deserving of a callup. Good time to give him a shot.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:34 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Tonight, I saw Olivier Latendresse didn't play for the Cyclones, I thought it was stupid because he was on a 16 games points streak but then I just saw he was called to Hamilton
Nice, congrats to him Lats, can't wait to see him with the Dogs. Looks like he's been ripping it up in the ECHL this year. Too bad for the Cyclones though, tough break to lose what I assume is their top player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelight View Post
With what's going on with the big team with regards to injuries and all. If we had to call up someone from Hamilton, who would/should it be?
My guess would be that they won't call up anyone, as I assumed that once Komisarek was back, that O'B would have been sent down, but now that Dandy is out, O'B I assume will stick around after Komi returns.

Due to cap reasons, I would think that they won't call up someone unless they really have to, as Lats can fill in for Higgins and we still have BGL around.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:34 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
With what's going on with the big team with regards to injuries and all. If we had to call up someone from Hamilton, who would/should it be?
I'm not sure about forwards. Agostini is up (maybe for good) and Chips is hurt. As for the defense, if it's to fill in the 6/7th position then I would say Henry. The others are younger and will benefit from the playing time in Hamilton not sitting in Montreal.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Did I read the Spec article correctly? Is Wyman back up front 'cause of those injuries?

Old
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Did I read the Spec article correctly? Is Wyman back up front 'cause of those injuries?
Yes, he was back up on the wing and scored his first pro goal as a winger.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Weber, IMHO. He has been getting shots to the net (60 shots in 23 games, second only to D'Agostini). He didn't look out of place in training camp. I think he could benefit from the kind of treatment David Perron was given last year in St Louis: minimal ice time at even strength, time on the top PP unit, and a lot of work in the weight room.

Old
12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just saw the highlights from the To-Hamilton game....what was that? Beyond awful the goal that Desjardins gave to make it 5-5....He was all over the place, not steady at all during that game. And Denis who keeps being beat up high......I say stick with Denis for a while, but Hamilton is far from going with the owner's prediction of 2-1 games and it's more likely going to be a lot of 5-4's...

Old
12-10-2008, 10:07 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Just saw the highlights from the To-Hamilton game....what was that? Beyond awful the goal that Desjardins gave to make it 5-5....He was all over the place, not steady at all during that game. And Denis who keeps being beat up high......I say stick with Denis for a while, but Hamilton is far from going with the owner's prediction of 2-1 games and it's more likely going to be a lot of 5-4's...
Can't say I'm the biggest Desjardins fan from the games I've seen of him in Hamilton, hope he can work on his game with Denis giving him some pointers. My guess is that Lever was sending a message to Denis by playing Desjardins again, again just a guess, but perhaps he was letting Denis know that he needs to get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Weber, IMHO. He has been getting shots to the net (60 shots in 23 games, second only to D'Agostini). He didn't look out of place in training camp. I think he could benefit from the kind of treatment David Perron was given last year in St Louis: minimal ice time at even strength, time on the top PP unit, and a lot of work in the weight room.
Weber would be my choice since he would be a nice addition to the PP but I don't know if the Habs will do that, for cap reasons and they may not want to rush his development, as a guess. Weber needs to work on his defensive game and get stronger but I love his shot, he rarely misses the net.

Old
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Toro

Too bad for Aubin, he was playing great. Right when he was making a name for himself he goes and gets injured for a couple months. Must be very frustrating for him as he has been trying to make this team for a few years.

Oliver gets his chance in Hamilton, wonder who his linemates will be?

My take on the defence depth list, is that Weber still needs more time in the AHL. Carle would be a better choice to get a callup for an offensive defenceman replacement at this time and Henry for a defensive one. But O'byrne will get another chance first as others have posted.

Old
12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Chris Nilan

Quote:
http://www.thespec.com/article/479698

I love the little jab here from the journalist...."With D'Agostini appearing more and more entrenched in the Habs' lineup and Montreal seemingly in no hurry to send anyone down, Olivier Latendresse has been called up from Cincinnati of the ECHL."
Yep. This is the guy who writes every story with the chip on his shoulder that everything is a slight against Hamilton, especially that unproven Jr. A goalie Montreal jammed them with right before the playoffs . . .

In fact, the injuries to Higgins and Dandenault, which preclude anyone being sent down, occurred last night, which was the 9th and McKay's (predictable) story wasn't published until the 10th.

However -- and here's the slight against Hamilton -- the Spec goes to bed before 7pm (ever seen their "boxscores," er, half line sets of unrelated numbers that look more like a VIN than a sports report?) which means that the story was filed before the injuries occurred. This means that the Canadiens were so dedicated to depleting the Hamilton roster that Higgins and Dandenault joined Komisarek on the injured list just to make sure nobody could be sent down! It's a conspiracy, Mr. McKay!

Funny, though, how McKay never mentioned how very long the Canadiens waited to actually recall D'Agostini . . . In fact, when AK46 went down with a concussion and Komisarek went down, nobody was called up at all. Oh, yeah, that's right. Not calling up anybody was the insult that time.

Maybe all of this has something to do with scheduling around practices, games, road trips and injuries for three teams, at three levels, in three cities? Darn those variables. Then again, that's also an insult to Hamilton, where a planning project probably means figuring out how to have an equal number of each variety of timbits in the 60 pack.

Last edited by Chris Nilan: 12-12-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo in html format sequence
Old
12-10-2008, 03:19 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nilan View Post
Yep. This is the guy who writes every story with the chip on his shoulder that everything is a slight against Hamilton, especially that unproven Jr. A goalie Montreal jammed them with right before the playoffs . . .
This is geting tiresome, to say the least.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to watch a free Bulldogs game online. www.ahllive.com just sent me an email saying that this Sunday (14th December) is a free preview night where it seems all their games are available for free. That includes the Bulldogs taking on the Marlies at 4.05PM EST.

For those who don't want to/can't pay for games/season pass, it could be a good chance to catch up with the Dogs this year.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Bullsmith

Thanks for the tip Qui Gon. I can't say no to a free Dogs game.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Just a heads up for anyone who wants to watch a free Bulldogs game online. www.ahllive.com just sent me an email saying that this Sunday (14th December) is a free preview night where it seems all their games are available for free. That includes the Bulldogs taking on the Marlies at 4.05PM EST.

For those who don't want to/can't pay for games/season pass, it could be a good chance to catch up with the Dogs this year.
Thanks man! I'll be there!

Old
12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post

thx much appreciated..

Old
12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Mue

Zubov on IR: Stars re-call Jancevski

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2593...=headlines_nhl

Old
12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I guess St-Denis might be recalled....

Old
12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Bullsmith

Unless O'Byrne shows up....

Old
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
I guess St-Denis might be recalled....
I don't think so:
Anderson, Belle, Carle, Henry, Weber, Wyman.

Habs Prospects website
Old
12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
I don't think so:
Anderson, Belle, Carle, Henry, Weber, Wyman.
Wyman is playing up front 'cause of Chipchura's and Aubin's injuries and D'Agostini call-up.

Edit: Didn't know that Shelast is back with Hamilton. Still, I guess it depends of Koivu's injury. Maxwell could get the call.

Old
12-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Wyman is playing up front 'cause of Chipchura's and Aubin's injuries and D'Agostini call-up.

Edit: Didn't know that Shelast is back with Hamilton. Still, I guess it depends of Koivu's injury. Maxwell could get the call.
**** that would be epic. If it doesn't send a message to Plekanec, I don't know what will.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
**** that would be epic. If it doesn't send a message to Plekanec, I don't know what will.
Well you need a center anyway if he's gone. Sure you could have a Lang-Pleks-Lappy-Bégin at the center position, but I just would like to see BenMax at work.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
kostitsyn1489

I think Chipchura will be called up, not Maxwell. He played last year, started the season in Montreal so at some point we gotta give him the chance to stick with the team.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:45 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think Chipchura will be called up, not Maxwell. He played last year, started the season in Montreal so at some point we gotta give him the chance to stick with the team.
But Chipchura is out for now.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Chris Nilan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
This is geting tiresome, to say the least.
Yes, Mr. McKay, the plot against Hamilton stories are getting tiresome.

Seriously, though, I'd like some coverage of the Bulldogs -- ie, the ones who are actually in Hamilton -- not the hypothetical ones.

Is it too much to ask for McKay or anybody to actually call Timmins or Gainey about their plans for the roster? Is it too much to ask McKay or anybody to ask the Bulldogs' coaching staff or GM about the plans to fill roster spaces? Instead, we get nothing but complaints and inferences that Montreal doesn't care about Hamilton. There's an old rule in journalism (I guess only journalists follow it, then) that says "If your mother tells you she loves you check it!" In other words, have facts before going to press.

Ask yourself this: are the boys in H-town "working out" in the hallway under the south end by riding stationary bikes and clothes racks (er, rowing machines) that looked like they came from the Sally Ann across the street from Copps? That's what they had when Edmonton cared so damn much about the team.

Then again, I'm asking for sanity and professionalism on an internet message board.

Closed Thread