HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

My Flyers wish list

Old
12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
pcgflyers12*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
It's that time of year again, so what's your wish list for your team?? Here's mine

Trade Briere - very good in a run and gun style buuuut, Flyers' aren't a run and gun team and their PP seems to be just fine with out him. When he comes back he'll be on the 3rd line making 6.5 mil, YIKES! (I understand he has a NMC, but so do a lot of guys -- i'm sure some towns are pretty enticing to play in, make it work Homer)

Lock up Knuble for another 3-5 years. Is this guy not playing like he's 30 yrs old at most?! He's solid, rough and tough, works the corners and the front of the net, decent shot. Has also expressed he does not want to be anywhere else. He's perfect on the top line and shouldn't go anywhere PERIOD.

What's with Coburn and Lupul?? Get these two back on track, last year they dominated. This year?? ehh, not very good.

Trade Jones for a pick -- pretty simple, thinkin like a 3rd rounder. Still can't believe his contract...ridiculous.

Bring back Jimmy Dowd!! Dowd did everything Metro does plus that killer mustache and he doesn't have a lame nickname

Landing Bouwmeester w/o losing something we don't want to lose (ie. JVR, Parent, Richards, etc.) --

well that's my take, yours?
Ru kidding me? trade briere? and knuble maybe 2 or 3 but not 4 or 5 or more and no don't bring Jim dowd back.

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 01:46 PM
dawkins121

Briere has a no movement clause, he's not going anywhere.

Now that Hatcher is on the LTIR we're also basically in cap hell since him coming off the books won't even matter. Most of our cap space will be towards signing a goalie (or goalies since both are UFA's).

Upshall is going to be gone and our chances of re-signing Knuble at an affordable price are slim at best. We'll probably be bringing either JVR, Giroux, or both up to fill in the spots.

Our defensive core will be Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Jones (assuming he doesn't get traded), Parent, and probably Sbisa unless we re-sign Vanaanen.

So where does J-Bo fit in who is reportedly looking for around 8 mill per year?

Best thing you could possibly hope for is an upgrade in goal (Tim Thomas? Niklas Backstrom?) Other than that, the Flyers team you are looking at now is going to be very, very similar to the one we'll have next season.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:08 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Trading Briere is tops on my list.
Before Lupul, too.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:13 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCupChamps08 View Post
ill say it again briere and jones for antro and kubina sounds like a great trade for philly and one Toronto fan are supporting it too it sounds like but the NMC is a big PROBLEM.
Fixed that for you.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:27 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
kubina and antropov for briere and jones is a done deal. where do we sign?
dotted black and white line

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Best thing you could possibly hope for is an upgrade in goal (Tim Thomas? Niklas Backstrom?) Other than that, the Flyers team you are looking at now is going to be very, very similar to the one we'll have next season.
The lines for next season are giving me a headache since I have no clue how we are going to stack three top-line centers and give them adequate personnel on their wings. Anyways, I'm seeing the following transactions an players on our team next season:

Lupul and Jones will be traded this season before the trade deadline.
I could see a deadline trade sending Niittymäki and other stuff for a playoff goaltender.
Upshall will be traded on Draft Day similar to Umberger.
Knuble will extend his contract for another year with the same prize.
Ossi Väänänen will also be re-signed for about 1.5 Mio.
JVR and Claude Giroux will join up to the Flyers.
Sbisa will probably be sent back to Juniors. Danny Syvret might come up from the Phantoms.
Andreas Nödl and Darroll Powe will probably be traded away.

Team next season (with Cap hit):
Mike Richards (5.75)
Danny Briere (6.00)
Jeff Carter (5.00)
Glen Metropolit (1.00)

Simon Gagne (5.25)
Scott Hartnell (4.20)
Mike Knuble (2.80)
James vanRiemsdyk (0.875)
Claude Giroux (0.875)
Riley Cote (0.55)
Arron Asham (0.625)

Kimmo Timonen (6.333)
Matt Carle (2.902)
Braydon Coburn (1.30)
Ossi Väänänen (1.50)
Ryan Parent (0.855)
Danny Syvret (0.875)
Luca Sbisa (0.875)

The salaries in italics are estimates since, but since they are rookies I just gave them the same what Luca Sbisa gets this season.

This above is a total cap hit of 47,337 which should leave enough space for an 8th winger and two goaltenders, the backup goalie costing less than 1 Mio. I could also see Scott Munroe who currently plays with the Phantoms move up and take the backup next season.

The problem is that the above team is a bit dependent on rookies to come through.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Why is this in the general forum? This seems better suited for the Flyers forum if you ask me ?
Yet you're here

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Briere has a no movement clause, he's not going anywhere.

Now that Hatcher is on the LTIR we're also basically in cap hell since him coming off the books won't even matter. Most of our cap space will be towards signing a goalie (or goalies since both are UFA's).

Upshall is going to be gone and our chances of re-signing Knuble at an affordable price are slim at best. We'll probably be bringing either JVR, Giroux, or both up to fill in the spots.

Our defensive core will be Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Jones (assuming he doesn't get traded), Parent, and probably Sbisa unless we re-sign Vanaanen.

So where does J-Bo fit in who is reportedly looking for around 8 mill per year?

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Upshall will be traded on Draft Day similar to Umberger.
, you lie, sir!

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:56 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
, you lie, sir!
I really wish we could keep that little ball of energy, but I can't see him staying here unless he takes a cut from what he could get from other teams.

I'd keep him if it was possible, but I'd really like to upgrade our right wing some time soon. I don't think we can ride next season with a 37-year-old, a glove tossing madman and a rookie alone. Should the team acquire a right wing they would keep Hartnell on the left anyway.

Anyways, lines next season, even though I hate having the six-million dollar man centering the third line:

Gagné - Richards - Knuble
JVR/Hartnell - Carter - ?/Giroux
JVR/Hartnell - Brière - Giroux
Cote - Metro - Asham

Old
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Mike Richards 18

i just dont think JVR will be with the flyers next year. there is no need to rush him and he may want to finish school.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 03:59 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
i just dont think JVR will be with the flyers next year. there is no need to rush him and he may want to finish school.
That's another possibility. In that case I could see Patrick Maroon come up, but he is for now also still an untested rookie.

Old
12-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Mike Richards 18

ive had that feeling all year i just dont see JVR with the flyers next year. i really think he will want to finish school and i really dont think we should rush him. look at giroux not saying we rushed him but it kinda looks that way.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
27roenick97

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
That's another possibility. In that case I could see Patrick Maroon come up, but he is for now also still an untested rookie.
if JVR doesn't come up, its probably nodl's spot. we have hartnell and knuble (assuming he is reupped) to play maroon's game.

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 07:54 PM
captainpaxil

i think upshall gets the mandatory 10% and stays i could also see knuble signing for something like 4 years 7 million (3 2 1 1) getting paid to fish in a couple years in exchange for keeping his cap number friendly (2mil) one of either alberts or vananen could return or be replaced by anonymous 6/7 guy for a million

i think we definitely persue a goaltender in free agency and other than that the rest of the team stays the same leaving training camp to decide the fate of players like jvr and giroux

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
beg

Quote:
ill say it again briere and jones for antro and kubina sounds like a great trade for philly and toronto fans are supporting it too it sounds like but the NMC is a big PROBLEM.
Burke is not going to trade a 6"5 kubina and 6"5 Antropov (who is younger) for a 31 year old 5"7 briere... the only thing that briere brings to burke is that he is Canadian... not to mention they can use those 2 players as assets for either a younger player earning less and use what briere and they earn earn for free agent signings... not to mention salary caps are going to drop and teams are going to be desperate to dump salary to fit within the cap... briere is a good player but with a lower salary cap he is nowhere near worth 6.5 mil and they will get a better who fits burks style for less then 6.5... you don't build a team buy trading 2 assest for a player that is over paid... teams that may be interested in Briere are teams that are close to winning are are willing to overpay for a chance to win now... and you can pretty much rule out eastern conference teams like montreal who would love someone like him on the PP

beg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:21 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
In other words, attempt to screw the Panthers.
Hey, if it's a Christmas "wish" list then why NOT expect a Christmas miricle???

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Talentless Practise*

What would Philly want for Upshall in the offseason?

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:58 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg View Post
Burke is not going to trade a 6"5 kubina and 6"5 Antropov (who is younger) for a 31 year old 5"7 briere... the only thing that briere brings to burke is that he is Canadian... not to mention they can use those 2 players as assets for either a younger player earning less and use what briere and they earn earn for free agent signings... not to mention salary caps are going to drop and teams are going to be desperate to dump salary to fit within the cap... briere is a good player but with a lower salary cap he is nowhere near worth 6.5 mil and they will get a better who fits burks style for less then 6.5... you don't build a team buy trading 2 assest for a player that is over paid... teams that may be interested in Briere are teams that are close to winning are are willing to overpay for a chance to win now... and you can pretty much rule out eastern conference teams like montreal who would love someone like him on the PP
i agree with some of what you're saying but briere is 5'10." you're selling him a bit short

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i agree with some of what you're saying but briere is 5'10." you're selling him a bit short

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:03 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
What would Philly want for Upshall in the offseason?

Unless he goes on a tear in the playoffs like Umbrger did last year I think he'd probably get around 2 mil in an offer sheet which would be a 2nd as compenstion. I think that's pretty fair and though I'd LOVE to get a 1st, I can't see that happeneing this year so either an 09 2nd (and maybe a '10 3rd) or a '10 1st (but probably not this one).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Karl Racki

Quote:
Ok, here's my deal with Knuble.

I say 3-5 years because this guy has gotten better with age, like a fine wine, and has done so in his role which he has done VERY well. He is a sub par skater, but that aside he's a force, plain and simple. People may think I'm crazy but he contributes, whether it's quietly, he contributes consistently.

65 pts in his first year with the Flyers (career high) 05-06
54 pts in 06-07 (in 65 games -- comparable to Lupul's numbers last year)
55 pts in 07-08

This year he's on pace for a career year. IMO, you'd be stupid not to sign him until he's 40 considering his consistency and he'd probably sign at a home town discount. Also, can anyone prove this guy is slowing down??
A 3-5 year deal for Knuble would have Glen Murray written all over it. Murray had great years following up to his last contract and it back fired on the Bruins. They were forced to buy out a player that meant a lot to their organization and it was a messy situation. At this stage of a players career the contract has to be tailored to where they make close to nothing at the end of the contract or it has to be a short 1-2 year deal.

Karl Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
It's that time of year again, so what's your wish list for your team?? Here's mine

Trade Briere - very good in a run and gun style buuuut, Flyers' aren't a run and gun team and their PP seems to be just fine with out him. When he comes back he'll be on the 3rd line making 6.5 mil, YIKES! (I understand he has a NMC, but so do a lot of guys -- i'm sure some towns are pretty enticing to play in, make it work Homer)

Lock up Knuble for another 3-5 years. Is this guy not playing like he's 30 yrs old at most?! He's solid, rough and tough, works the corners and the front of the net, decent shot. Has also expressed he does not want to be anywhere else. He's perfect on the top line and shouldn't go anywhere PERIOD.

What's with Coburn and Lupul?? Get these two back on track, last year they dominated. This year?? ehh, not very good.

Trade Jones for a pick -- pretty simple, thinkin like a 3rd rounder. Still can't believe his contract...ridiculous.

Bring back Jimmy Dowd!! Dowd did everything Metro does plus that killer mustache and he doesn't have a lame nickname

Landing Bouwmeester w/o losing something we don't want to lose (ie. JVR, Parent, Richards, etc.) --

well that's my take, yours?
The rangers will Trade Drury for Briere

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Unless he goes on a tear in the playoffs like Umbrger did last year I think he'd probably get around 2 mil in an offer sheet which would be a 2nd as compenstion. I think that's pretty fair and though I'd LOVE to get a 1st, I can't see that happeneing this year so either an 09 2nd (and maybe a '10 3rd) or a '10 1st (but probably not this one).
I don't want to give up Upshall for anything...He's the man and we should absolutely keep him. He's a guy you need to get through the playoff battles.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
ive had that feeling all year i just dont see JVR with the flyers next year. i really think he will want to finish school and i really dont think we should rush him. look at giroux not saying we rushed him but it kinda looks that way.
How did we rush Giroux? He's played 2 games with the Flyers. If anything, they are taking their time developing him.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote