HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

OT: Sundin (UPDATE: signs w/Vancouver)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2008, 09:06 PM
  #51
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
if he (Sundin) indicated that he wanted to play in Philadelphia, Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said he would be interested in signing the Swedish All-Star forward. Holmgren has contacted Sundin's agent, J.P. Barry, to let him know that.

"You're always looking to make your team better if you can. I like our team, I think we're a good team, but I think there are a number of good teams," Holmgren said. "I think if we were able to get a guy like that we would be foolish not to look into it."\

"If you're talking about a guy like Sundin, it's a different ball game," Holmgren said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...on_Sundin.html

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
  #52
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
COMCAST SPORTSNET: Tim Panaccio reports Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren confirmed on Tuesday he's spoken with Sundin's agent and said he'd like to add him to his roster if he could afford him.

“The way the agent left it with me was that if [talks] were going to move along with us, he’d get back to me,” Holmgren said Tuesday night.

Holmgren said even if Briere were not sidelined with groin issues, he would still be interested in signing Sundin.

“We’re playing a little better but I think we can play even better yet,” he said.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
  #53
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Tim Panaccio reporting a Rumor of Jones and Lupul for Bouwmeester

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...-Carle/2/18322

the same rumor was posted in the comments section of an Eklund blog at about noon today


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...d=57786&page=5

my guess is that Panaccio lifted it right from there but you never know

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:28 PM
  #54
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
If this came with Worry Free Guarantee and a Stanley Cup Guarantee I might go for it, but im not sold on it. Especially if we have to dump young guys like Lupul.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  #55
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
If this came with Worry Free Guarantee and a Stanley Cup Guarantee I might go for it, but im not sold on it. Especially if we have to dump young guys like Lupul.
Flyers may have to "dump" Lupul anyway. His new contract kicks in next year.

I can not believe some people here. Sundin and Lupul. I mean who is better?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
  #56
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Flyers may have to "dump" Lupul anyway. His new contract kicks in next year.

I can not believe some people here. Sundin and Lupul. I mean who is better?
It all depends on what Sundin wants. I mean if its enough to say Lupul for Sundin straight up, go for it. If Sundin is signed for 1 year even better. I mean there is tremendous upside, and also we do have JvR, Giroux, etc waiting in the wings. The more I think about it the more I may like this. More so than the Shanny rumors

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
  #57
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...
 
Ex Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Tim Panaccio reporting a Rumor of Jones and Lupul for Bouwmeester

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...-Carle/2/18322

the same rumor was posted in the comments section of an Eklund blog at about noon today


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...d=57786&page=5

my guess is that Panaccio lifted it right from there but you never know
Sign me the **** up.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:43 PM
  #58
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
It all depends on what Sundin wants. I mean if its enough to say Lupul for Sundin straight up, go for it. If Sundin is signed for 1 year even better. I mean there is tremendous upside, and also we do have JvR, Giroux, etc waiting in the wings. The more I think about it the more I may like this. More so than the Shanny rumors

Umm... We add JBo and Sundin... and get rid of Lupul and Jones... Can someone say salary cap?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:47 PM
  #59
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Umm... We add JBo and Sundin... and get rid of Lupul and Jones... Can someone say salary cap?
Well then we are at a crossroads. JBo or Sundin. I say JBo if we extend him. Or both if we dump Briere, but like i said in another thread, im very meh on Briere, whatever happens with him Im fine with. I can live without Sundin too if we snag JBo, especially for Jones and Lupul.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
  #60
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Well then we are at a crossroads. JBo or Sundin. I say JBo if we extend him. Or both if we dump Briere, but like i said in another thread, im very meh on Briere, whatever happens with him Im fine with. I can live without Sundin too if we snag JBo, especially for Jones and Lupul.
saying we're at a crossroads suggests that we can simply choose a path and walk down it, not sure it's that simple lol

IF we could have EITHER player I'd take Bouwmeester in a second. Even with just him I think we'd have to move Briere in the offseason to be able to resign him and take care of the rest of the roster.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
  #61
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 14,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Well then we are at a crossroads. JBo or Sundin. I say JBo if we extend him. Or both if we dump Briere, but like i said in another thread, im very meh on Briere, whatever happens with him Im fine with. I can live without Sundin too if we snag JBo, especially for Jones and Lupul.
Yep. I just like how we start to win alot again, and more trade rumors start to happen. Anyone wanna bet that nothing happens?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
  #62
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yep. I just like how we start to win alot again, and more trade rumors start to happen. Anyone wanna bet that nothing happens?
yes lol. I honestly like the team where the team is right now. If we can improve, cool.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
  #63
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Tim Panaccio reporting a Rumor of Jones and Lupul for Bouwmeester

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...-Carle/2/18322

the same rumor was posted in the comments section of an Eklund blog at about noon today


http://www.hockeybuzz.com/boards/thr...d=57786&page=5

my guess is that Panaccio lifted it right from there but you never know
I would offer Carle and Lupul for Jay-Bo just to get it done and then move Jones to replace Lupul. I do not think we can get 2nd line winger but 3rd line winger is not out of the question.

Timonen Coburn 25min per game
Jay-Bo Vaananen 25min per game
Alberts Parent 10 min per game.
Kukkonen

Sbisa goes back to juniors or competes for #6 spot or takes a few games off.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
  #64
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I would offer Carle and Lupul for Jay-Bo just to get it done and then move Jones to replace Lupul. I do not think we can get 2nd line winger but 3rd line winger is not out of the question.

Timonen Coburn 25min per game
Jay-Bo Vaananen 25min per game
Alberts Parent 10 min per game.
Kukkonen

Sbisa goes back to juniors or competes for #6 spot or takes a few games off.
Parent is going to need quite a few games in the AHL to get back up to speed.

Not sure what kind of value Carle has with a back injury that doesn't appear 100% understood right now though.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:17 PM
  #65
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Parent is going to need quite a few games in the AHL to get back up to speed.
Not sure what kind of value Carle has with a back injury that doesn't appear 100% understood right now though.
Fine by me. Play Kukkonen and Alberts for now. Give Sbisa 2 games off and bring him back again.

Flyers can replace Parent if he is not ready.

Jones hip might have the same question as Carles back. Both players are injured.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #66
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Jones hip might have the same question as Carles back. Both players are injured.
Yeah but Jones is working his way back and it seems to be just a matter of time. There are no reports of him having pain and not being sure how to solve it like there are of Carle.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
  #67
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Yeah but Jones is working his way back and it seems to be just a matter of time. There are no reports of him having pain and not being sure how to solve it like there are of Carle.
Carle is listed day to day. So we do not know whats wrong with him.

Knowing our medical staff and how they treated Briere and Vaananen this season Jones may have the sam einjury 10 days from now.

We do not need Carle if we get Jay.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:31 PM
  #68
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Carle is listed day to day. So we do not know whats wrong with him.

Knowing our medical staff and how they treated Briere and Vaananen this season Jones may have the sam einjury 10 days from now.

We do not need Carle if we get Jay.
JBo > Carle. And I REALLY like Carle. but if thats the way the cookie will crumble so be it.

JBo for Carle Lupul Im fine with that.

Jones for a cheap 3rd liner. Fine.

Sbisa to Juniors. Fine

Work out Parent in AHL, Cool

I know im being very vague lol.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2008, 10:57 PM
  #69
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,268
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Sign me the **** up.
me too. if that happens, jeez, we'd be turning the southeast division into a gold-mine of ripoff deals.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:39 AM
  #70
sg12lw
Registered User
 
sg12lw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
saying we're at a crossroads suggests that we can simply choose a path and walk down it, not sure it's that simple lol

IF we could have EITHER player I'd take Bouwmeester in a second. Even with just him I think we'd have to move Briere in the offseason to be able to resign him and take care of the rest of the roster.
why do people keep doing this??? NTC

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:23 AM
  #71
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gambini View Post
why do people keep doing this??? NTC
yeah... people waive them.

Every single person on HFboards knows Briere has an NMC (that's actually what he says just so you know). it doesn't mean there's not the possibility he gets traded.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
  #72
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
i hate to say it cuz i really like the guy but hartnells contracts gets us more relief then lupuls. and the drop on the return from a cap dump is less on hartnell if the intention is just to shed salary to sign sundin

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:15 AM
  #73
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Interesting thing...


Clarke was on the TSN panel lastnight, and when asked where Sundin is likely to end up...

NY Rangers
Montreal
Vancouver
Chicago

Were the 4 options, Clarke replied..."I think Montreal, but don't count out the Flyers".

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:21 AM
  #74
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i hate to say it cuz i really like the guy but hartnells contracts gets us more relief then lupuls. and the drop on the return from a cap dump is less on hartnell if the intention is just to shed salary to sign sundin
Except this team is already terribly soft and Hartnell provides some grit. Additionally, when Knuble goes away...Hartnell provides our only man in front of the net.

We have numerous players like Lupul already on the team, and numerous players who will bring his skills to the team on their way in the prospect pool. Lupul is redundant; Hartnell is not.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 08:23 AM
  #75
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Except this team is already terribly soft and Hartnell provides some grit. Additionally, when Knuble goes away...Hartnell provides our only man in front of the net.

We have numerous players like Lupul already on the team, and numerous players who will bring his skills to the team on their way in the prospect pool. Lupul is redundant; Hartnell is not.
Totally agree.

Even if he is a dumbass sometimes, Hartnell is very much necessary with the team makeup.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.