HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

New lines assuming Higgins is out for some games?

Old
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Next game, it will be Latendresse or Laraque in the line-up.

VS Tampa Bay, wich will be the best?
Lats for Tampa.

Laraque back in for Brashear and the Caps

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
Lats for Tampa.

Laraque back in for Brashear and the Caps
yep, and i think this time it's one Kostopoulodsor Bégin that will sit and not another offensive forward. I know Kostopoulos works hard, but right now he isin't doing much, offensively he's been a non-factor for the last 20 games or so. We need to test Latendresse-Plekanec-S.Kost for a couple of games and we see if we can have 3 full offensive lines, i think it has alot of potential with Plekanec playing a north-south game and Guillaume being at his best close or behind the net

Last edited by Maxpac: 12-11-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Henry is way to slow

Weber is doing well and he is our best prospect in Hamilton so he should get a look and Brisebois needs a rest, he makes way too many turnovers and he looks injuted
I don't see Weber in the NHL this year...Carle is ahead of him in the pecking order and so is O'byrne.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:08 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
yep, and i think this time it's one Kostopoulodsor Bégin that will sit and not another offensive forward. I know Kostopoulos works hard, but right now he isin't doing much, offensively he's been a non-factor for the last 20 games or so. We need to test Latendresse-Plekanec-S.Kost for a couple of games and we see if we can have 3 full offensive lines, i think it has alot of potential with Plekanec playing a north-south game and Guillaume being at his best close or behind the net
Why should Kosto or Begin sit? They are playing fine. We just lost two of our best penalty killers, Higgins, and Dandenault, and you want to bench another player who can play shorthanded. Why? Go look at any team in NHL , and not one has 12 offensive minded forwards. There are players that can play two way hockey, guys who are used on the penalty kill, guy who are primarily scorers. No one has 4 pure scoring lines. Most teams third lines are called a shutdown, defensive line. I feel more than comfortable having Pleks, Kosto, and Sergei as a shutdown line. The only offensive forward that has sat is Sergei and he is in the lineup.

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
CanadienErrant*

I would like to see a S.Kost-Pleks-lats line for a while. The three young men are struggling and maybe they could regain their groove together.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
You guys are funny, there is no way in a million years that Carbo puts Latendresse on the right side. Not even Andrei Kostitsyn had that privilege, let alone a guy coming off the press box...

The perfect lines should be:

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini
Tanguay - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Plekanec - S.Kostitsyn
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

I'm looking forward to see that 3rd line in action. Hopefully, Carbo will have the same idea as well.

Somewhere on this planet, Guillaume Latendresse is celebrating right now Christopher Higgins injury, drinking high class champagne...

Is it just me or a line-up without Higgins name looks beautiful ?

Yeah, it's just you. More insightful fans see it otherwise. I suppose you have a Higgins voodoo doll on your etagere along with your other tasteless bric-a-brac.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Is it just me or a line-up without Higgins name looks beautiful ?
Well that would mean that Higgins is not NHL material. Probably true right now that not seeing Higgins name IN THE FIRST 2 LINES might look better. But not having him AT ALL in a lineup? You do can make a difference between not thinking that a guy could actually be a scorer and hating a guy so much that not having him in a lineup makes our lineup better....

Come on....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Why does Carbo like so much Kostopoulos? I think he will put Latendresse instead of Kosto on the third line. Carbo needs to wake up! How many points has Kosto during the last 5 games ? 1 point !! WTF!! Kosto reminds me of Begin, same determination put lower speed. Why is Begin playing in fourth line if kosto is playing third... Maybe he reminds him of himself (carbo) haha, no skills at all.

For all his alleged skill, how many points did Lats have in the last 5 games he played? You don't see a connection between that and why Kostopoulos was in the lineup instead of him? At least Kosto was actively involved in the play, he handled his defensive responsibililities, and he served on the PK.

Your question about why Kostopoulos was on the third line and Bégin on the fourth has an obvious answer. Kostopoulos is a right wing who shoots right and Bégin is a left wing who shoots left. Comprenez-vous?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
i bet valentenko is really crying right now.....1st komi gets injured and now dandenault....there would have been a very good chance that valentenko wouldve been called up.....but he decided to go to russia.....sux for him........KARMA b****
I read that he needed to make money to afford the medical bills for his father. Wanna rethink your whole position now?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote