HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

12/11/08 Tampa Bay @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS(HD), CBC(HD), SUN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2008, 11:21 AM
  #51
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
This guy is so out-of-shape it's not even funny. He's healthy enough to write blogs and run his mouth though.
Maybe he is sick and tired of being put in the stands and is demanding a trade...

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:22 AM
  #52
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
and I'm NOT happy to see O'byrne in the lineup.
Dandenault was solid and certainly better than O'byrne.
so?
different people, different opinions, you just have to learn to respect them.

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
  #53
mlandry
Registered User
 
mlandry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,518
vCash: 500
Going to be a tough game. I predict an OT loss.

mlandry is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
  #54
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a ceremony of some sort before the game?
Yes,showing how pathetic the Lightning are!!!

Nope I don't think so and on my ticket it doesn't have a vintage photo so I don't think anything special is happening despite the 7pm start

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
  #55
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Maybe he is sick and tired of being put in the stands and is demanding a trade...
And chance a GM will die laughing when Gainey says that he wants to trade a guy who makes 1.5 million/year, is always injured and that he still have 2 seasons to go after this one?

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
  #56
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,032
vCash: 500
Love the GDT, excellent Job. Hopefully the Habs play to their potential and not down to the level of the Bolts. I hope we give a full 60 min effort, if not, this will be closer than it should.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:24 AM
  #57
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And chance a GM will die laughing when Gainey says that he wants to trade a guy who makes 1.5 million/year, is always injured and that he still have 2 seasons to go after this one?
Edmonton maybe ?

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:25 AM
  #58
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Edmonton maybe ?
Maybe.....let's just trade 2 guys who are struggling then....

Laraque for Gagner....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
  #59
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Edmonton maybe ?
Was gonna say that,I think the Oilers and their fans love George so much they would probably offer a pick or a player they no longer want.

But then the bruins are going to think he asked for a trade out West cause he was scared!!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
  #60
AlexMeth
Registered User
 
AlexMeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And chance a GM will die laughing when Gainey says that he wants to trade a guy who makes 1.5 million/year, is always injured and that he still have 2 seasons to go after this one?
Laraque is definitely not what you call a good ROI.

AlexMeth is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:38 AM
  #61
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 500
Only in Montreal do we see complaints about the goon thats not producing enough.

Go Habs Go is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
  #62
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
No excuses, 2pts or go home.

HH is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:41 AM
  #63
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
No excuses, 2pts or go home.
won't be that far

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:41 AM
  #64
AlexMeth
Registered User
 
AlexMeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Only in Montreal do we see complaints about the goon thats not producing enough.
sorry for the "laraque bashing"... but I wasn't talking his production but about the fact that the guy isn't even healthy enough to simply play regulary.

that being said...

GO HABS GO!!!

AlexMeth is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
  #65
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Hoping Halak does well again.

LeMAD is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 11:58 AM
  #66
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Only in Montreal do we see complaints about the goon thats not producing enough.
Well it's not cause he had a 2 point game last week that we are going to give him a break

I think most of us are simply not happy about the fact that he is so much out of shape,but I guess with his injury and the fact that he didn't train much in the off season it explains why

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:01 PM
  #67
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 500
Can't wait to see Tender and Skost, I will be cheering for these guys.....common make me proud!!!!

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
  #68
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yes,showing how pathetic the Lightning are!!!

Nope I don't think so and on my ticket it doesn't have a vintage photo so I don't think anything special is happening despite the 7pm start
Cool thanks.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
  #69
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Absolutely love the top three lines. Amazing to think of how much talent we have when missing guys. This team is built for adversity.

Kovalev and Lang together is just plain magic, add Tanguay and I feel that is a set second line for us this season. I'll be amazed if D'Agostini keeps his production up, but if he does, bye bye Sergei.

I have a feeling Latendresse is going to come out like a freight train and earn his spot. Or at least make it tougher to say no to him on the roster. My prediction? Latendresse hits Stamkos, fight ensues.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:18 PM
  #70
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Absolutely love the top three lines. Amazing to think of how much talent we have when missing guys. This team is built for adversity.

Kovalev and Lang together is just plain magic, add Tanguay and I feel that is a set second line for us this season. I'll be amazed if D'Agostini keeps his production up, but if he does, bye bye Sergei.

I have a feeling Latendresse is going to come out like a freight train and earn his spot. Or at least make it tougher to say no to him on the roster. My prediction? Latendresse hits Stamkos, fight ensues.
Why would you say bye bye to sergei, he'll stay on the third, higgins is out for a lil while.

Chomsky is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  #71
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 500
How can we lose this game, seriously?

Comme une mauvaise nouvelle arrive rarement seule, Vincent Lecavalier et ses coéquipiers ont passé la nuit à Buffalo en raison d'ennuis mécaniques qui ont cloué leur avion au sol.

Les méchantes langues se demandent toutefois si les vrais problèmes n'étaient pas plutôt reliés au fait que les proprios n'avaient plus assez de fonds sur leur carte de crédit pour faire le plein...

Ce n'est pas juste une blague. Car du côté de Tampa, il appert que les propriétaires peinent à payer leurs joueurs et que dès le début de la nouvelle année, il se pourrait que la Ligue ait à prendre la relève...

Les joueurs du Lightning devraient se poser à Montréal en fin d'avant-midi. Ils ne s'entraîneront donc pas au Centre Bell où ils convergeront seulement pour le match.


http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...t-le-filet.php

It says that Tampa's plane had mechanical problems last night, but some people are saying the problem was that the owners didn't have enough money to pay the fuel... They'll arrive late this afternoon in Montreal...

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
  #72
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,439
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs425 View Post
Nice one !

Hopefully the PP will produce tonight... TB PK's is 23rd.

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 01:03 PM
  #73
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
How can we lose this game, seriously?

Comme une mauvaise nouvelle arrive rarement seule, Vincent Lecavalier et ses coéquipiers ont passé la nuit à Buffalo en raison d'ennuis mécaniques qui ont cloué leur avion au sol.

Les méchantes langues se demandent toutefois si les vrais problèmes n'étaient pas plutôt reliés au fait que les proprios n'avaient plus assez de fonds sur leur carte de crédit pour faire le plein...

Ce n'est pas juste une blague. Car du côté de Tampa, il appert que les propriétaires peinent à payer leurs joueurs et que dès le début de la nouvelle année, il se pourrait que la Ligue ait à prendre la relève...

Les joueurs du Lightning devraient se poser à Montréal en fin d'avant-midi. Ils ne s'entraîneront donc pas au Centre Bell où ils convergeront seulement pour le match.


http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...t-le-filet.php

It says that Tampa's plane had mechanical problems last night, but some people are saying the problem was that the owners didn't have enough money to pay the fuel... They'll arrive late this afternoon in Montreal...
Wow. What a mess down there.

With the economic situation and the incompetence of these two owners it wouldn't surprise me to see TB relocated in the next two years.

Why the state of Florida ever needed two NHL teams is beyond me anyway.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
  #74
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 500
Why do people think Laraque is out of shape?

68 is offline  
Old
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
  #75
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 500
2 years?

I'd say next year...

Or the team could be dissolved...

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.